Best QB in the state? What do y'all think?

Coach Big

He Is not even the best QB In Bell County.

He has better numbers than Hoskins and Nelson but that's only because he throws the ball 25 to 30 times a game.

Your crazy

Look at his #'s as a freshman

He is very good if you consider the line he has to block for him this year.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep an eye on Logan Bunch at Lafayette. He is a Sophomore who started his first game last week. He will be big time in a year or two....

As far as this year,

hands down Burke at Lex Cath is the best. Probably Anderson is the second best and Fiddler is thrid....

I've heard he is good, but lets not throw him into the fire just yet considering the amount of turnovers Lafayette has had in his starts.

He has better numbers than Hoskins and Nelson but that's only because he throws the ball 25 to 30 times a game.

He has better numbers than Hoskins and Nelson and that makes them better how? Maybe there's a reason these coaches don't let them throw it as much as Cashen, Cashen throws a much better ball than Hoskins and Nelson from what I've seen them play this year.

Where did you get the Strength of Schedule? I agree with you just wondering.

The Massey index. It is updated every week depending on how a team's opponents fare that week. Early season not all that great, but by midseason, is is pretty accurate! The Bulldogs SOS did get a little stronger moving from around #213 to #210. Find a team, click on that team, and you can see this seasons results and anticipated results. They are listed by actual power ranking, but the SOS rank is on each team's individual page.

Current ratings link

http://www.masseyratings.com/rate.php?lg=hsf&sub=KY#sum

Justin Burke #1

Kaelin Ammons #2 One more year to make the #1 spot.

I agree. Burke is pretty special, but Ammons will beat you throwing, running, intercepting a pass on D or knocking someone's block off. He loves to hit on defense.

The comparison someone made between Burke and Brian Brohm earlier in this thread is a little far fetched. Brohm, Couch, and Bush were in a league of their own in high school.

He has better numbers than Hoskins and Nelson and that makes them better how? Maybe there's a reason these coaches don't let them throw it as much as Cashen, Cashen throws a much better ball than Hoskins and Nelson from what I've seen them play this year.

:flame:

People just have it out for a kid who changes from their school and does well. When his parents decide the best move for him is from Bell Co. to Corbin when he is in middle school how is the kid to blame, why should he get all your sore feelings because you do not have the best quarterback now?

I guess my addition to this thread wasn't very significant. Is Anderson from Male just not in the same league as these guys?

My guess is your top three, and in no particular order:

Justin Burke

Will Fidler

Brian Anderson

I would say Anderson is probably 3rd in this group but depending on who you talk to Burke and Fidler fight for 1 and 2.

Could be because he doesn't live in Bell Co.? I know his parents, been to there house, it sits almost right in the middle of Corbin. His mother worked in Corbin for years, took a job in Pineville and a better job opened up for her in Corbin.........But if he were in Bell Co. he would be the best out of all 3 schools without a doubt.

As far as being in the top 10 QBs in the state, not this year. But his Jr. and Sr. years he should be in the top 5, as long as he has someone to block for him. He has the instincts, accuracy and ball speed that you seldom see from a Sr. QB, nevermind a soph. You know he has to be pretty dang good for the hardheaded coaches here in Corbin to change to a passing offense..