Best QB in the state? What do y'all think?

Coach Big

While I agree that Burke may be the best in the state at this time, he is no where near in the class of Brohm and Couch. He is good, but is he USAToday player of the year good,

If he had the O-line, receivers, QB coach, and tradition that Trinity has...IMO he would.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LSUROCK quote "And yes my friend, rumor has it that Jeff's infant son Brady works out at the Marshall Center five days a week. Just kidding but it won't be long before he is lighting it up in flag football. Another Double B, It has a certain ring doesn't it."

Say it isn't so....That family is amazing....question...how many times has T beat X without a Brohm on the team? in the Brohm era (s)?...just curious..

I would guess quite a few. In fact Trinity's most dominate era was without a Brohm for the most part. The 50 game win streak was accomplished to a great extent post Brohm. In the Beatty era, Geoff Riddle beat X worse than Brian ever did. In fact, that while Brian had a 3-1 varsity record vs. X winning three titles he never really had a "big game" like he did against other opponents. In a year when he piloted the Rocks to 44 points against Cincy Elder and 59 points against Male, he only managed 16 points against X. More often than not it is some non-star that stars in that game.

I would guess quite a few. In fact Trinity's most dominate era was without a Brohm for the most part. The 50 game win streak was accomplished to a great extent post Brohm. In the Beatty era, Geoff Riddle beat X worse than Brian ever did. In fact, that while Brian had a 3-1 varsity record vs. X winning three titles he never really had a "big game" like he did against other opponents. In a year when he piloted the Rocks to 44 points against Cincy Elder and 59 points against Male, he only managed 16 points against X. More often than not it is some non-star that stars in that game.

might have to do some research on this to get a number...

Personally, I think it is difficult to ever say "so and so is the best such and such in the state/country/world". Each team has different needs and great players rise to the top by filling those needs. However, saying that so and so is ONE of the best at whatever position is probably the safer and more defendable statement. JMO.