Best QB in the state? What do y'all think?

Coach Big

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you go by stats, Durell Olinger is at the top of the list without question...........he's leading the state in yards per game, percentage of completion, top 5 in td thrown. That's just my opinon, what do y'all think?

It is hard to say who is the best. Mainly because most don't play against the same competition. Olinger's stats look impressive but you have to look at the level of they are playing. The top ten in stats as of Sept 29 are as follows:

Player, School G ATT CMP P-Gm TD

Justin Burke, Lexington Catholic 5 158 91 291.4 25

Durell Olinger, Hazard 5 78 61 285.4 16

Zach Lewis, Clay County 5 160 86 278.6 11

Kaelin Ammons, Franklin County 5 118 73 274.8 16

David Woodward, Owensboro Catholic 6 170 113 237.0 22

Rick Bowling, South Laurel 6 160 111 235.7 16

Jordan Fritz, Fleming County 5 134 73 219.2 13

Will Fidler, Henderson County 6 156 97 217.5 15

Keith Tandy, Christian County 5 105 66 216.4 13

Salin Simpson, Henry Clay 6 116 83 198.0 13

I would pick (as my top 5-6 in no particular order): Burke, Fidler, Black, Morgan, Simpson & Fritz.

Durrell is an excellent athlete who has put up some outstanding numbers. However, quality of opposition is a HUGE factor. Hazard's strength of schedule is currently #213 out of 220 teams in Kentucky. If he can go out and put up some good numbers against much stiffer competition, then it helps his numbers gain credibility.

I would pick (as my top 5-6 in no particular order): Burke, Fidler, Black, Morgan, Simpson & Fritz.

Durrell is an excellent athlete who has put up some outstanding numbers. However, quality of opposition is a HUGE factor. Hazard's strength of schedule is currently #213 out of 220 teams in Kentucky. If he can go out and put up some good numbers against much stiffer competition, then it helps his numbers gain credibility.

:thumb:

:thumb: From what I've seen Olinger is a good QB, but let's see what he does against better competition.

Fidler and Burke are in a class of their own.

But Kaelin Ammons is no slouch either and probably the best athlete of the bunch.

I agree with Burke and Fidler. Ammons is much better than most people realize so I agree with you there too.

Burke has put up numbers against X, Scott Co, Lex Christian, Harrison and East Jess. His TD to Int ratio is off the chain! He is the smartest QB I think I have ever seen!

I agree with Burke and Fidler. Ammons is much better than most people realize so I agree with you there too.

Burke has put up numbers against X, Scott Co, Lex Christian, Harrison and East Jess. His TD to Int ratio is off the chain! He is the smartest QB I think I have ever seen!

At the end of last season I would have taken Fidler over Burke, but ever so slightly.

But now, seeing what Burke has done with basically three different teams, he is THE QB in the Bluegrass this year.

I talked with some St X fans who were at the X vs Lex Cath game. They said that the final 3 quarters of that game, they would have put Burke's performance right there with Brohm and they believed that Brohm was the best HS QB they had ever seen in person. They felt that NC State got a STEAL with this kid and it appears that they were right! That TD/INT ratio is insane.