Best QB in the state? What do y'all think?

Coach Big

Against stiff competition, he's still runnin for his life. The O-line, tho no longer can be considered young or inexperienced, is still undersized.Were Fidler playing for a St.X OR Trinity with a big O-line, he would be running away with the QB stats!

Burke isn't playing behind either of those lines either. ;)

I do love Fidler as well and believe these 2 are the best QB's in the state this year.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you all are not giving Brian Anderson from Male enough credit. He lead Male to 4 7 on 7 championships this past summer at UofL, The Male Twight Tournament, Male's 7 on 7 tournament of Champions(or something like that), and the Univ. Illinois tournament. Male being a run first pass second type team keeps his stats just average but when it comes to airing it out he's as clutch as anyone in the state. Just look at his drive against Manual last year (no offence guys).

If you go by stats, Durell Olinger is at the top of the list without question...........he's leading the state in yards per game, percentage of completion, top 5 in td thrown. That's just my opinon, what do y'all think?

What? If I was playing Jenkins and Allen Central I could throw for 30 TD's in two games also, the best team they have played was P'Burg and you see what teams are doing to them. Now I will admit, he is a really good athlete but stats do lie, you have to look at the opponet also. We'll see what he can do when he plays Pikeville and Paintsville.

You cant really judge Ashland's Ian Holbrook on stats. In 4 of the 6 games he's played in he's sat out all the 4th quarter and alot of the 3rd quarter in some games.

By the way Blackcat 2007, Ashland's line is nothing to brag about. You definitely cannot use that as one of their strengths.

Keep an eye on Logan Bunch at Lafayette. He is a Sophomore who started his first game last week. He will be big time in a year or two....

As far as this year,

hands down Burke at Lex Cath is the best. Probably Anderson is the second best and Fiddler is thrid....

I would pick (as my top 5-6 in no particular order): Burke, Fidler, Black, Morgan, Simpson & Fritz.

Durrell is an excellent athlete who has put up some outstanding numbers. However, quality of opposition is a HUGE factor. Hazard's strength of schedule is currently #213 out of 220 teams in Kentucky. If he can go out and put up some good numbers against much stiffer competition, then it helps his numbers gain credibility.

Where did you get the Strength of Schedule? I agree with you just wondering.

• 2 weeks later...