Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Did Cousins punch a South Carolina fan following the loss?

Featured Replies

If this is true too this could have huge repercussions for his draftability after this year.

  • Replies 312
  • Views 38.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If he is suspended, I think Kentucky will be in a world of hurt, lately Big Cuz has made more of an impact than anyone on the roster.

 

No doubt. He is a beast (sorry Matt Pigram).

If he did it, I think a one game suspension is plenty. You have to realize the situation. The fan broke the rule by running on the court. That rule is in place so instances like this don't happen. On top of that, he ran into a guy on the opposing team. Sorry, but if I get blindsided in a giant crowd of crazies, I'm swinging.

 

I'll let the coaches/administration decide the length and support whatever decision they bring down...I just hope they handle it better than Meyer did.

Good luck with that.

 

You have an obligation to control your emotions. Unless you get hit first, it is inexcusable to strike a fan.

If this is true too this could have huge repercussions for his draftability after this year.

 

 

His stock may drop a little, but he would still be a lottery pick IMO.

I'll let the coaches/administration decide the length and support whatever decision they bring down...I just hope they handle it better than Meyer did.

 

He didn't really handle it, BigSpikes-the original, not me-sat himself out for the game, which he probably only did because of the heat he caught. He probably wouldn't have been suspended at all had he not been caught so blatantly gouging Washaun Ealey's eyes.

  • Author
His stock may drop a little, but he would still be a lottery pick IMO.

 

At the beginning of the season, I thought his attitude/emotions would keep him out of the first round. But I've changed my mine. He is too talented. Now it may cost him a few picks, he may go from being a lotto to he 15-20 ranged. But he is so talented someone will take a look at him early. There ain't exactly a lot of big men in this draft either.

I don't really see how this kid isn't on every team's top one or two prospects, I think he ends up being a better pro than anyone in this class. I would take him with the number one pick-yes over Wall. If it turns out he's a bust, feel free to start the "BigSpikes: What Now?" threads :lol:

You have an obligation to control your emotions. Unless you get hit first, it is inexcusable to strike a fan.

 

Agree with this.

 

Listened to the entire radio bit. The guy who was hit was named Steven. He had his head down and ran into Cousin's back. Got a chicken wing and upper cut, but not a "haymaker". Has a shiner. Almost proud of it because he is so giddy about the win. The radio guy saw it, but his camera man from last night had gone ahead of him. If they are spoofing, they are really good at it.

He didn't really handle it, BigSpikes-the original, not me-sat himself out for the game, which he probably only did because of the heat he caught. He probably wouldn't have been suspended at all had he not been caught so blatantly gouging Washaun Ealey's eyes.

 

True, so I hope Cal "handles" it then.:thumb:

The opinions are a lot different now that it is a UK player...

http://www.bluegrasspreps.com/showthread.php?t=188226&highlight=oregon

I see these situations a little differently.

 

The truth is always somewhere in between the accounts of a story. We heard from this kid who was punched claiming he was just an innocent bystander getting to the court. If I were to guess, Cousins' account will be that he was playing self defense. In reality, some kid probably ran and got in his face in the heat of the moment after the game and Cousins jacked him.

The opinions are a lot different now that it is a UK player...

http://www.bluegrasspreps.com/showthread.php?t=188226&highlight=oregon

 

At this point in time, I don't think we really have any proof that this happened. I've yet to see a link to any story, other than some caller to a radio show. If reporters witnessed this then where is the story, how about a interview with "Steven" and photo of his shiner.

 

Maybe it happened, and if it did he should be suspended. For the record I think Oregon suspended Blount a lot longer than was warranted.

 

The big difference between the situations at this point is that the Blount punch was captured by ESPN cameras, whereas in this case I've yet to see any real proof that this occurred.

 

Perhaps the radio caller is truthful, but than again I've heard radio callers that have been abducted by aliens and saw Bigfoot, so pardon by doubts.

I see these situations a little differently.

 

In reality, some kid probably ran and got in his face in the heat of the moment after the game and Cousins jacked him.

 

How is that different than the player from Boise getting in Blounts face in the heat of the moment and getting "jacked"? Other than it was 2 players and the ESPN cameras didn't record it live.

I have no problem with Big Cuz retaliating at all. Like The Scribe said, that is why the SEC has this rule in place. The fans have no business on the court, ... and some idiot who is running with his head down (or like a chicken with his head cut off), deserves to be punched IMHO. If you get hit by a fan (and the fan admitted to running into Cousins with his head), what are you supposed to do? The fan instigated the incident by his own admission.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.