Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky 101 Arkansas 70

Featured Replies

There is NO running up the score in college basketball, I dont care what some of you guys think.

 

Really?????

 

How about this score?

 

Tennessee 124

UNC Ashville 49

  • Replies 89
  • Views 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just having some fun, you can't make me feel anything only I can control how I feel, just having some fun with you like in a joking manner. Notice how I referred to Bama playing in two weeks, Bama will be lucky to make the NIT. I thought the cartoons at the end would show a joking manner and pointing you out was indeed just fun, and we won the National Championship my friend. Here is some more...:jump: :banana:

 

Who was Ronnie Lyons favorite singer?

 

What High school did Louis Dampier attend?

 

Who was the 6th man for the Runts? Where did Jimmy Dan go to school/Mike Flynn?

 

Who was JoeB.s assisants?

 

Who led the Cats in scoring against UCLA 1975?

 

Which UK player was married on the 1978 NCAA team?

 

Don't look these up? Know them in your head like I do.

 

I think I know a few.

Dampier - Southport IN

Jimmy Dan - Anderson Co.

Flynn - Jeffersonville IN

6th man - LeMaster, Clevenger???

married - Phillips????

It's not running up the score if the opposing team still has their starters in. If the losing coaches subs out his starters, that is the cue for the winning coach to do the same.

UK has ended more Seasons as No. 1 than Duke that's all that matters th UK Fans!

Go Big Blue!

There is NO running up the score in college basketball, I dont care what some of you guys think. This isnt the YMCA league.

 

Wrong.

Beat a team by a little and you can't close a team out... Beat a team by a significant amount and you are running up the score.

 

Can't win, but you're still 19-0!

It's not running up the score if the opposing team still has their starters in. If the losing coaches subs out his starters, that is the cue for the winning coach to do the same.

 

Why should the losing team have to be the first to pull their starters? You never just want to teach you kids just to give up, and that is what that would be doing. There is no reason for a losing team who is down 30 to have to pull their starters too. Their are some things that they could still build on at the end of the game, that might help them out for next game. I always hate it when people say that a losing team should also sub their starters out too. Yeah maybe in the final 5 minutes in the game I can understand that, but that's about it.

 

I don't think UK ran the score up at all today, and I think Coach Cal actually did a great job with how he rotated his players. I just don't agree with the part about the losing team should also sub their guys out.

They led by 30 at the half. Won by 31. Had he kept up what they were doing in the first half for the entire game, they could have won by 60. Everyone played solid for UK today. The starters, the bench, everyone. Krebs is the only player who didn't score.

UK played well tonight. I was impressed with a lot of their moves and the unselfish pay.
I was impressed by the defense.

UK has played 1 team that has been in the Top 40 in the RPI.

UK has played 1 team that has been in the Top 40 in the RPI.
Correct. That one is UConn. However, I haven't figured out what that has to do with this thread.

Rick Robey was married.

 

Ronny Lyons was crazy about Dolly, and so was I.

OK, back to the game...

 

I must say that I wasn't really worried about beating Arkansas, but thought that the 'backs could give them a game for a while (based on their effort against Texas and Florida). So, I am impressed with the defensive effort by the CATS, especially the job they did on Clark!

 

One thing that I dont get is how people say you should beat UK by playing zone and packing it inside. IMO, the dribble drive offense is very effective against this. You penetrate and as soon as the defense collapses, you find an open player (not so much in man to man, though the guards would take it to the rim more).

 

Secondly, the CATS transition game is getting better and better as the season goes on.

 

Great job today, keep improving as you go and UK will be cutting down nets in March.

Correct. That one is UConn. However, I haven't figured out what that has to do with this thread.

 

Is this thread not about UK basketball???

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.