January 24, 201016 yr OK, back to the game... I must say that I wasn't really worried about beating Arkansas, but thought that the 'backs could give them a game for a while (based on their effort against Texas and Florida). So, I am impressed with the defensive effort by the CATS, especially the job they did on Clark! One thing that I dont get is how people say you should beat UK by playing zone and packing it inside. IMO, the dribble drive offense is very effective against this. You penetrate and as soon as the defense collapses, you find an open player (not so much in man to man, though the guards would take it to the rim more). Secondly, the CATS transition game is getting better and better as the season goes on. Great job today, keep improving as you go and UK will be cutting down nets in March. You just answered your own question for why people play zone against the Cats. They want to make UK beat them from the outside, and will rather give up open shots from the outside. Thats why when UK is hitting from the outside, then any team would have a very hard time beating them.
January 24, 201016 yr Actually got to go to the game today with my youngest son who is 18 and a CASUAL fan of College Basketball. I asked him after the game what he was most impressed with. His answers were that Kentucky was unselfish on offense,great on defense and that Arkansas' 'Little guard' was fun to watch as well. This team has the potential to be VERY special,epecially if Miller plays the rest of the year like he did today. Edited January 24, 201016 yr by owsleyking redudancy
January 24, 201016 yr Just having some fun, you can't make me feel anything only I can control how I feel, just having some fun with you like in a joking manner. Notice how I referred to Bama playing in two weeks, Bama will be lucky to make the NIT. I thought the cartoons at the end would show a joking manner and pointing you out was indeed just fun, and we won the National Championship my friend. Here is some more...:jump: :banana: Who was Ronnie Lyons favorite singer? What High school did Louis Dampier attend? Who was the 6th man for the Runts? Where did Jimmy Dan go to school/Mike Flynn? Who was JoeB.s assisants? Who led the Cats in scoring against UCLA 1975? Which UK player was married on the 1978 NCAA team? Don't look these up? Know them in your head like I do. Rick Robey was married to Diane McCord I think was her name. Joe B also had Gayle Catlett (Future UC and West VA coach) as an assistant and Lynn Nance, James Dickey (?) among others. The main 3 off the bench for UK in '66 was I think: Lemaster, Clevenger and Tallent. Great win for Cats and we will see a lot on Tuesday night in a hostile environment. :thumb:
January 24, 201016 yr Are we really having the running up the score argument again? This is D1 college basketball.... If my team is 30 points better than yours, then my team is just 30 points better than yours, and vice versa.
January 24, 201016 yr Is this thread not about UK basketball??? Actually, the thread is about the UK/Arkansas game. Do you want to start a thread about UK only playing 1 team with a RPI in the top 40? If so, you're free to do so.
January 24, 201016 yr This team is really, really good. I cannot believe there are still "non-believers" out there. Louisville fans, Duke fans, just face it, UK has a really good team this season. 19-0, and rollin' to Indy. Feels great to be back at the summitt of college basketball once again. It's been a while. Cal is the man, and his blue dust is infectious. LRCW this is a prime example. :lol: Roman thank you for pointing out how good UK is this season because I had no idea. :rolleyes: I'm just glad they pulled out this win it was such a close game. :lol::lol: Beat a team by a little and you can't close a team out... Beat a team by a significant amount and you are running up the score. Can't win, but you're still 19-0! I don't think they ran up the score. I think UK is just that good. This is college b-ball it happens! :thumb:
January 24, 201016 yr Again, there is a difference between playing well for 40 minutes, not taking the foot off the gas, and running up the score. Three different things.
January 24, 201016 yr Beating a former player by 30, don't ever bring up Bama running up the score. Let the other kids play some too. Who was #1 on January 23rd 2009? Thats why they call it "March Madness." How does it feel when someone posts things about your team you are proud of? Not much fun is it? Kentucky was up 30 in the 1st half. When you play 2 games in 2 weeks, you can't afford to have your starters sit for the entire game.
January 24, 201016 yr UK has played 1 team that has been in the Top 40 in the RPI. Incorrect. UCONN is #22. North Carolina is #34 (somehow.) The conference schedule is solid. Tennessee (13); Vandy (23); Ole Miss (24); Mississippi St. (29); Florida (56);
January 24, 201016 yr I want to know about this running up the score stuff. Did you watch the game Larry? At one point mid way through the 2nd half they were up 46 and ended up winning by 31. Ark 1st team beat our 2nd team by 15. Man I hate when teams run it up like that :lol:
January 24, 201016 yr I want to know about this running up the score stuff. Did you watch the game Larry? At one point mid way through the 2nd half they were up 46 and ended up winning by 31. Ark 1st team beat our 2nd team by 15. Man I hate when teams run it up like that :lol: The only reason AL posted that is because I had commented after the Alabama-Texas game that I though Saban should have run the clock out instead of scoring that last touchdown. AL's feelings were hurt when I criticized Saban. I guess he thought my feelings would be hurt if he criticized Calipari. :lol::lol: My skin is too thick, and I have way too much fat for my feelings to ever get hurt over something so trivial. :lol:
January 24, 201016 yr Just having some fun, you can't make me feel anything only I can control how I feel, just having some fun with you like in a joking manner. Notice how I referred to Bama playing in two weeks, Bama will be lucky to make the NIT. I thought the cartoons at the end would show a joking manner and pointing you out was indeed just fun, and we won the National Championship my friend. Here is some more...:jump: :banana: Who was Ronnie Lyons favorite singer? What High school did Louis Dampier attend? Who was the 6th man for the Runts? Where did Jimmy Dan go to school/Mike Flynn? Who was JoeB.s assisants? Who led the Cats in scoring against UCLA 1975? Which UK player was married on the 1978 NCAA team? Don't look these up? Know them in your head like I do. So, because you know the answer to 6 obscure questions that you made up that makes you the person that knows as much UK history as anyone? :thumb: What about these...do they make me a UK History buff because I know them? Who sat next to Wah Wah Jones in his English Class Jr. year of High School at HHS? Who led the Cats in scoring during the '96 game against LBSU in the NCAA Tourny? Who was the 6th man of the '89 UK Team? How many points did Jonathon Davis score at UK? How many did he score in HS at Pinecrest in Florida? I don't understand the point of your post...but, I'll play along. Easy bonus question Larry...How many times did Richie Farmer score in double digits during his UK career....no cheating on any of these, you can't look them up.
January 24, 201016 yr I can't make anyone feel anything, you decide how you feel. I'm just having some fun with LRCW and he knows it, he knew this day would come. Everyone else disreguard. But my wife (Card fan) asked me why Walle was still playing and I said "I'll ask my buddies on BGPs Krebs a senior got 5 minjutes, 25 would have been fair. I'm not a Cat hater, I know more about the history of UK basketball as anyone. Only thing I hate is people not being treated as they would want to be. And Satan. And don't let Bama beat you in two weeks. :dancingpa Based on your idea that Krebs should have played 25 minutes that means in a football equivalent that McElroy should not have played during the 2nd half of many games that you would consider blow outs...how ridiculous is that? Anyway, the day ANY college basketball team plays their 'last man on the bench' 25 minutes let me know since that coach will be on his way out and i'll apply for his job.
January 24, 201016 yr From the update thread: http://www.bluegrasspreps.com/showthread.php?p=3701259#post3701259 Wall was in a minute ago and played 31 minutes in this game. Inaccurate. Wall played 26 minutes. http://www.ukathletics.com/sports/m-baskbl/stats/2009-2010/uk0123.html
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.