Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What does the Jets win say about the...

Featured Replies

Bengals?

 

It reinforces to me the Bengals made huge strides this year and with a couple of tweaks and added players I am very optimistic about 2010.

 

What do you think?

  • Replies 34
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree, the Jets are a much better team than many thought they were. I think the Bengals have a chance to turn the corner next season.

Who is the better USC QB three years from now?

I kind of like watching the Jets, but I think they are just on a roll right now. I think the Bengals were a pretty good football team this season, but I think they hit their "peak" too early. Bengals just weren't going to win a playoff game no matter who they played IMO. Also Chris Henry is really missed on and off the field for Bengals nation, and by me because I always really liked him for some reason.

San Diego and Rivers lay yet another post season egg. That's what it says. The Jets win next week, you got something then to crow about.

San Diego and Rivers lay yet another post season egg. That's what it says. The Jets win next week, you got something then to crow about.

 

The Jets are better than people thought, admit it.

Edited by Original Rookie

I'd like to be optimistic for the Bengals too, but their schedule in 2010 scares me lol.

Problem is the Bengals take one big step forward and three back.....let's see if next year is an aberration.

I think Cincy definatly made strides. What is just as important is that Reed/Lewis aren't getting any younger and Polamalu/Ben have health concerns along with a bad Oline in Pitt. Cleve made strides at the end of the year but have some ways to go.

The Jets were a terrible matchup for SD IMO. Pound the rock, stop the run and have an answer to Jackson 1 on 1.

The biggest thing this season did for Cincinnati was give them a ton of optimism going into next season.....I doubt they'll realize the expectations.

While this win should make things look better in Bengal-Land, the same problems remain:

 

Lack of a consistent passing threat (Is Carson's arm really OK?).

Lack of development of the receivers drafted the last few years.

Average offensive line.

Horrible offensive game plans and adjustments.

 

and as always:

 

Mike Brown!!

 

Tougher schedule won't help either. Defense actually seems to be developing some depth. I'm expecting an 8-8 type year, but hope I'm very wrong!!

The biggest thing this season did for Cincinnati was give them a ton of optimism going into next season.....I doubt they'll realize the expectations.

 

The one thing different about this team than say from 2005. Is in 2005 they really thought they had everything they could need and just had bad luck with Palmer getting hurt. This year I think they realize that they still need some pieces are not quite there yet. So I think at least the work ethic will still be there next year, and they won't let this season go to their heads.

With the Jets winning today, it also shows that I guess most Bengal fans feel that the Chargers need a new QB too. With better receivers, and playing in warmer weather their offense couldn't score more than ours did and their QB didn't have much of a better passing rating than Palmer in their game against the Jets.

 

Now to be serious though. This game definitely did show that the Jets were better than we all realized. Their defense is just flat out amazing, and their offense does just enough to win games for them. It shows that the Jets are better than we thought, and that the Bengals made are closer than we realized. With a few good additions in the off season with free agents and the draft. The Bengals really could make more of a run for it next year.

I'd like to be optimistic for the Bengals too, but their schedule in 2010 scares me lol.

 

While this win should make things look better in Bengal-Land, the same problems remain:

 

Lack of a consistent passing threat (Is Carson's arm really OK?).

Lack of development of the receivers drafted the last few years.

Average offensive line.

Horrible offensive game plans and adjustments.

 

and as always:

 

Mike Brown!!

 

Tougher schedule won't help either. Defense actually seems to be developing some depth. I'm expecting an 8-8 type year, but hope I'm very wrong!!

 

People keep talking about the tough schedule next year. However I think going into this season, the Bengals were suppose to have the 3rd toughest schedule in the NFL and that worked out alright. You just never know how teams will be the next year, when it comes to the NFL. So might not be as tough as it looks so far.

The Bengals did make huge strides this year.

 

The Jets can flat out play defense.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.