Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What does the Jets win say about the...

Featured Replies

The Jets are playing with a confidence that begins with the head coach and passsed down to the players. Like him or not, Rex Ryan has those guys believing and playing their best when it counts. That's the difference between the Bengals and Jets.

  • Replies 34
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Jets can play defense, but is that causing the opponents kickers to miss easy fg's? IMO the Jets are flat out lucky this postseason, and the Colts will handle them easily. Back to Guru's question: With a good draft, and keeping a couple key free agents, I am very excited about next season.

The Jets can play defense, but is that causing the opponents kickers to miss easy fg's? IMO the Jets are flat out lucky this postseason, and the Colts will handle them easily. Back to Guru's question: With a good draft, and keeping a couple key free agents, I am very excited about next season.

 

 

 

I agree with that, I also agree the Bengals defense took one step forward this year but thier offense took four steps backward.

I think the Jets look a little like the 2005 Steelers.

 

Solid run game

Solid defense

young QB

peaking at the right time

 

 

With that said, I think the Colts win by double digits next week.

Bengals just need to win the division games like this season.

The Jets are better than people thought, admit it.

 

The Jets have a great defense, a strong o-line and solid RB's. With that formula, if you can eliminate mistakes, especially from the QB, you can stay in a lot of games.

 

I have serious doubts about how much the Jets can challenge Indy in the dome though.

 

Nate Kaeding inexplicable self-destructed...that more than anything is why San Diego lost.

 

Unless they get lucky again with an unforeseen meltdown, the Colts will force the Mark Sanchez to make more plays in the passing game. I don't think he can do it.

The Bengals made huge strides this year. They're very close to having the type of defense that you can ride to a Super Bowl, IMO.

If the Bengals can add secondary depth, a solid option at WR, and some OLine depth, they can make a serious run at back-to-back division titles and possibly a conference title IMO.

The Bengals made huge improvements this season. Some have trouble admitting it. But it was obvious. You sweep your division in the NFL and you are legit. End of story.

 

Now, the problem is the NFL schedule making process does its best to make life hard on division winners. They have a VERY difficult schedule next year. NE, Indy, SD, NYJ, NO plus their own division. It's gonna be tough...

Its says Bengals fans cling to anything to have hope they will be better next year..........

 

 

The Bengals will not play in another Super Bowl as long as current ownership is in place.........probably will not play in another AFC Championship game either.

The Bengals made huge improvements this season. Some have trouble admitting it. But it was obvious. You sweep your division in the NFL and you are legit. End of story.

 

Now, the problem is the NFL schedule making process does its best to make life hard on division winners. They have a VERY difficult schedule next year. NE, Indy, SD, NYJ, NO plus their own division. It's gonna be tough...

 

Going into this season the Bengals were suppose to have the 3rd hardest schedule in the NFL, and well that worked out just fine didn't it? People really shouldn't look to hard at the schedule, because no one knows how good some of those teams will be next year. One year really does change everything for some teams. So it might not be as tough as it looks right now.

Tough schedule along with being hampered by a terrible OC and the worse game manager in the league as HC leaves me without much optimism for a championship season in '10. I would love to see a Superbowl champion Bengal team in my lifetime.

]With the Jets winning today' date=' it also shows that I guess most Bengal fans feel that the Chargers need a new QB too[/b']. With better receivers, and playing in warmer weather their offense couldn't score more than ours did and their QB didn't have much of a better passing rating than Palmer in their game against the Jets.

 

Now to be serious though. This game definitely did show that the Jets were better than we all realized. Their defense is just flat out amazing, and their offense does just enough to win games for them. It shows that the Jets are better than we thought, and that the Bengals made are closer than we realized. With a few good additions in the off season with free agents and the draft. The Bengals really could make more of a run for it next year.

 

Shows how important the kicking game is. I don't care if the Jets win the SB. It makes feel no different about the fact that the Bengals lost a home playoff game, that they should have won. Lets quit trying to validate the Bengals season by what other teams do. The Bengals had a very good season. But in the end they proved to be not good enough.

Going into this season the Bengals were suppose to have the 3rd hardest schedule in the NFL, and well that worked out just fine didn't it? People really shouldn't look to hard at the schedule, because no one knows how good some of those teams will be next year. One year really does change everything for some teams. So it might not be as tough as it looks right now.

 

I don't know. Cleveland twice, Oakland, Detroit, KC, Chicago, Denver, Houston, Pitt twice? Who am I missing? Thats 10 games against non playoff teams. I'd like to see where that was the third toughest.

I don't know. Cleveland twice, Oakland, Detroit, KC, Chicago, Denver, Houston, Pitt twice? Who am I missing? Thats 10 games against non playoff teams. I'd like to see where that was the third toughest.

 

I am with you... I think FC is thinking of a different year. The Bengals schedule was described as "light" early on this year from what I remember.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.