Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What does the Jets win say about the...

Featured Replies

Shows how important the kicking game is. I don't care if the Jets win the SB. It makes feel no different about the fact that the Bengals lost a home playoff game, that they should have won. Lets quit trying to validate the Bengals season by what other teams do. The Bengals had a very good season. But in the end they proved to be not good enough.

 

They certainly were not good enough for a Super Bowl. They were about a Top 10 team though... let's hope they build on it.

  • Replies 34
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't know. Cleveland twice, Oakland, Detroit, KC, Chicago, Denver, Houston, Pitt twice? Who am I missing? Thats 10 games against non playoff teams. I'd like to see where that was the third toughest.

 

Chicago was expected to be better than they were with Cutler. KC got Cassel but most people agreed that they were not a playoff team. Houston was a dark-horse & Pittsburgh was the defending champions.

 

All in all, it was an easy schedule -- both in the preseason & throughout the regular season.

I don't know. Cleveland twice, Oakland, Detroit, KC, Chicago, Denver, Houston, Pitt twice? Who am I missing? Thats 10 games against non playoff teams. I'd like to see where that was the third toughest.

 

I am with you... I think FC is thinking of a different year. The Bengals schedule was described as "light" early on this year from what I remember.

 

Your right I was wrong, it wasn't last season. It was the 2008 season I remember reading that.

The Bengals made huge strides this year. They're very close to having the type of defense that you can ride to a Super Bowl, IMO.

 

 

If the Bengals can add secondary depth, a solid option at WR, and some OLine depth, they can make a serious run at back-to-back division titles and possibly a conference title IMO.

 

They are definitely moving in the right direction. I agree with both of these posts, but you must realize they have made themselves the target. If the Bengals can respond with a playoff appearance next year, many will have to back off upper management.

 

Whether they follow up or not, yes they have made strides.

The thing I worry about for the Bengals is the parity in the NFL. I don't know if they have the make up to make another big leap in improvement next season. Alot of teams are going to improve during the offseason, teams that will spend alot more than the Bengals. I think you'd have to figure the Steelers will be much better next season, and with the make up of their team the should be better than the Bengals IMO. For one they have an Elite QB in Big Ben, Carson is good but doesn't measure up IMO. Also, a healthy Polamalu will make a big difference. Cincy doesn't have a player like that IMO on defense. They will most likely fill their holes and come back strong next season.

 

So that leaves them competing with the Ravens, who realistically the can be better than IMO. But, I don't see how they do much better over all. Teams like the Texans and Jets should be better next season, I think the Pats will make some moves, the Colts are the Colts, the Chargers are as talented as anyone if they keep everyone. Then who knows what other teams will surprise?

 

Bengals will still have a legit team, but even if they improve they could still miss the playoffs IMO. Not Bengal hating just trying to be realistic.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.