If Prop 20 passes...

ColonelCrazy

I have not read the prop, but from my understanding, there is currently a rule that states that schools in the state of Kentucky, who do not play under KHSAA guidelines, may not play schools in the KHSAA. Is that correct?

If so, wouldn't that mean that the KHSAA schools (the publics) would not be allowed to play the privates who left the KHSAA? That is, if the privates just left the KHSAA altogether and started their own association.

That may well be the case, but it wouldn't likely remain that way if the privates were to leave the KHSAA. Prop 20 addresses the split but not the seccesion of the private schools. However I would wager that the publics would change any rules preventing them from playing these teams, due to the language in prop 20

Ok. I understand that, but judging from the language in prop 20 it is clear that the publics want to keep open the possiblity of playing in the regular season. Thus that rule would probably be changed to fit the new set of conditions.

Sure, the publics want to play. But, what would the privates benefit from it? If this goes through, as a private school alum, I would like to see my school leave the KHSAA with Trinity, X, and any other schools and leave the KHSAA in the dust. Then, we could legally recruit and we would have no problem finding competition, whether it be across the river in Cincinnati, Indiana, or Tenn. We would gain national recognition, we'd make a lot of money, and every game would be one with high exposure and revenue.

That leads me to the question of what would the public schools who don't want the privates to leave do? We've seen what Highlands & Boyle County can do on the football field against the top competition...what are they going to do when that top competition is no longer around?

Wow, at least we'll have a heck of a regular season schedule.......maybe.

If any public schools aren't scared. They are scared in the playoffs, but in the regular season where they can afford a butt whipping, it's ok.

Hey if you know you're beat, eliminate the competition. That's my mottoe to live by.

What a disservice these administrators are doing to these kids.

At least the publics are admitting defeat and inferiority.

Yeah that is pretty much how prop 20 reads, no arguement there. That is why I don't agree or like it.

Sure, the publics want to play. But, what would the privates benefit from it? If this goes through, as a private school alum, I would like to see my school leave the KHSAA with Trinity, X, and any other schools and leave the KHSAA in the dust. Then, we could legally recruit and we would have no problem finding competition, whether it be across the river in Cincinnati, Indiana, or Tenn. We would gain national recognition, we'd make a lot of money, and every game would be one with high exposure and revenue.

That leads me to the question of what would the public schools who don't want the privates to leave do? We've seen what Highlands & Boyle County can do on the football field against the top competition...what are they going to do when that top competition is no longer around?

Oh I agree completely. If I was X or T I wouldn't play H or M if prop 20 comes to pass. I don't fault them for it either. I am just pointing out that I know for a fact that certain folks on Manual's staff stated to me that they would be willing to play them at all levels of competition during the regular season if on the odd chance this would pass. I don't think it would happen, and I understandwhy. But Manual would be willing to. In other words, Manual is not scared of playing them now, or in the future, regular season or playoffs, but Manual is also open to having their cake and eating it too.

First, I don't think Prop 20 will ever become reality. It might pass but it will never become reality.

But, in theory playing along, I do not think you would see any public schools leave right away. Now if in future years whatever the private schools formed becomes sucessful then some public schools might want to join.

It would almost have to be looked at sport to sport.

For example, if the private schools formed some sort of volleyball associaton and every scholly given in volleyball to a Kentuckian was going to girls in that association..........and some parents started yanking volleyball kids out of public schools to enroll them in private schools then the conditions change.

Other sports it might not matter at all.

• 4 weeks later...