January 4, 201016 yr Exactly, if Delk was bothering Bledsoe, he should of grabbed Bledsoe and sit him down (which he did take him out). Bledsoe is his responsibility. Not Delk. Not only did he talk smack to Delk, he let Bledsoe stand over there and jaw for a good 10 seconds too. He should've of been in his face controlling the controllable. Both teams were in the wrong, no doubt about it. But my point is you can't talk to kids that aren't on your team like that. Just like Pitino should of been down in Delk/Sosa (whoever's face). You just can't talk to opposing players that way. Don't care who you are or who you coach. Why would he get in a players face for following his game plan?
January 4, 201016 yr LINK Interesting... I'm glad he bailed out his own crappy journalism by classifying that as a blog.
January 4, 201016 yr Wow, to me it's surprising that Swopshire was able to play in the game after that scare... :lol: :lol: :thumb:
January 4, 201016 yr I like how Sosa says "they tried to get in our heads" and all that crap. I was at the game 30 minutes before and it was Louisville players, like mentioned before, who were walking in the UK lines and running their mouths. Please, if your going to run your mouth, tell me you'll back it up, at least come out and score more than 5 points in 13 minutes. This is a third hand story, but I love the quote. This coming from a UofL fan who was at the game and witnessed the same pre game crap from the Cards. "They picked a fight they couldn't win." As for Cal, I have a hard time believing that was directed at Delk, and I'd love to know the exact question he was asked when he responded he didn't remember. If the question is "Did you yell at Delk?" Then his answer makes perfect sense. The only reference I can find to it is a Louisville paper blog, and Jeff Goodman's twitter which is possibly referencing the aforementioned blog. Neither provide any context. EDIT: Tipton says Cal's quote was during a teleconference, so no way he could have been looking at the video in question. Goodman and Crawford taking that quote as confirmation is pathetic.
January 5, 201016 yr I love the emo tears coming from the U of L side. If Calipari was yelling at Sweet Reggie, why didn't Louisville do something about it. They were certainly talking enough smack before the game.
January 5, 201016 yr If Cal was in fact yelling at Delk and said what most think he said he was wrong and should appologize for it. He made a big deal out of UK fans being classy and for them not bring signs with crap about Pitino and such. He should practice what he preaches. That said, I have alot of respect for what Pitino did for UK and have no hard feelings for him leaving or going to UofL. He did what he thought was in his best interest and anyone would have done then same. However I lost alot of respect for him for the way he allowed his players to act leading up to the tip. From them chanting what they were in the hall outside the locker room, to crap during warm ups, to them not coming out during the lineups, to them not shaking hands before the tip. It was all classless and uncalled for. I thought Pitino was better then that but I guess not.
January 5, 201016 yr If Cal was in fact yelling at Delk and said what most think he said he was wrong and should appologize for it. He made a big deal out of UK fans being classy and for them not bring signs with crap about Pitino and such. He should practice what he preaches. That said, I have alot of respect for what Pitino did for UK and have no hard feelings for him leaving or going to UofL. He did what he thought was in his best interest and anyone would have done then same. However I lost alot of respect for him for the way he allowed his players to act leading up to the tip. From them chanting what they were in the hall outside the locker room, to crap during warm ups, to them not coming out during the lineups, to them not shaking hands before the tip. It was all classless and uncalled for. I thought Pitino was better then that but I guess not. Nothing is off limits for Pitino. Did you notice that 3 times the officials stop an illegal subsitution, all on the same dead ball.
January 5, 201016 yr Like it or not, this stuff is great for the rivalry. There hasn't been excitement like this for the "dream game" in years and years. I expect next year to be even better than this one.
January 5, 201016 yr If Cal was in fact yelling at Delk and said what most think he said he was wrong and should appologize for it. He made a big deal out of UK fans being classy and for them not bring signs with crap about Pitino and such. He should practice what he preaches. That said, I have alot of respect for what Pitino did for UK and have no hard feelings for him leaving or going to UofL. He did what he thought was in his best interest and anyone would have done then same. However I lost alot of respect for him for the way he allowed his players to act leading up to the tip. From them chanting what they were in the hall outside the locker room, to crap during warm ups, to them not coming out during the lineups, to them not shaking hands before the tip. It was all classless and uncalled for. I thought Pitino was better then that but I guess not. This isn't a new development for him. As much as I liked watching his teams play while he was at UK, he's alway been capable of stuff like this. I remember in the 1995 Elite 8 he tried to take advantage of Rasheed Wallace's hothead reputation by having Andre Riddick, Jared Prickett and others do everything but beat him with a tire iron. It worked to some extent when he elbowed Riddick leading to a scrum in which Riddick tried to choke Sheed. Wallace and (somehow) Walter McCarty were T'd up. While the Cats did get in Wallace's head they seemed more worried about working him over than winning the game and lost.
January 5, 201016 yr Like it or not, this stuff is great for the rivalry. There hasn't been excitement like this for the "dream game" in years and years. I expect next year to be even better than this one. I sure thought that last years game was extremely exciting without all the extra junk that went on Saturday, maybe just my opinion.
January 5, 201016 yr I sure thought that last years game was extremely exciting without all the extra junk that went on Saturday, maybe just my opinion. Sure, the game was great, but not really a lot of build up to it. Not like this year.
January 5, 201016 yr I thought the last two words were "wrong guy"...as in, he was telling the officials that they called the foul on the wrong guy. Who knows? I'm with you...I watched it two or three times with DVR and couldn't figure it out. Apparently it doesn't take a genius to figure out what he said. :confused::lol:
January 5, 201016 yr Like it or not, this stuff is great for the rivalry. There hasn't been excitement like this for the "dream game" in years and years. I expect next year to be even better than this one. I couldn't agree more. I would love nothing more than to have what UNC/Duke get every year. Rivals are great for everyone involved. Every UK fan knows what Cousins done was wrong but when you mix emotions and adrenaline that high in a Rivalry game, things like that are going to happen. Call him a thug, punk or whatever but I would almost guarantee that any member on here that has played in a meaningful rival game before has got rough with the opposition.
January 5, 201016 yr I couldn't agree more. I would love nothing more than to have what UNC/Duke get every year. Rivals are great for everyone involved. Every UK fan knows what Cousins done was wrong but when you mix emotions and adrenaline that high in a Rivalry game, things like that are going to happen. Call him a thug, punk or whatever but I would almost guarantee that any member on here that has played in a meaningful rival game before has got rough with the opposition. Those Church leagues can be brutal.:taz:
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.