Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Check out this video from the game...

Featured Replies

I could keep that John Wall spin move one loop. Just sick.

  • Replies 75
  • Views 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A pretty bad call, but I thought the worse call of the game was the foul they called on Wall near the end of the game where Sosa shoved off, and pushed Wall back several feet, and that was preceded by what I thought should have been a walk.

 

^ I totally agree.

It does look like he says all of that, outside of maybe the "Reginald."

 

However, I honestly doubt that Cal would say that, especially with a ref right there, if at all.

 

With that said, did anyone realize that Bledsoe is out of bounds whenever he slides for the ball and throws it to Wall, who in turn throws it to Pat for the dunk?

 

I realized it whenever it was live. I saw another video you could tell it in, not so much this one, but if you could, it is right around the 1:25 mark.

The only thing I thought on that play was maybe he was not touching the ball at the time he went out of bounds. You couldn't see the ball at the time on TV.

My understanding is that there was a lot of smalk talk and pushing/shoving before the game ever started. Both teams are lucky that this one didn't turn into a free for all.

Another thought on this video is the fact that Bledsoe walks right past Calipari only a second after Delk does. It seems a possibility that he could have been yelling to Bledsoe, rather than Delk? Just a thought

Another thought on this video is the fact that Bledsoe walks right past Calipari only a second after Delk does. It seems a possibility that he could have been yelling to Bledsoe, rather than Delk? Just a thought

 

 

I don't think Coach Cal thinks Delk would whip Bledsoe.

I don't think Coach Cal thinks Delk would whip Bledsoe.

 

I would have to agree. :lol:

Can someone expand on the rumors?

 

That's what I'm wanting to know

I wouldn't want to have to duke it out with Bledsoe.

 

But I like Cal sticking up for his players.

There's no question from the replay that Cal was talking smack to Delk. None.

From twitter:

 

goodmanonfox -John Calipari on whether he exchanged words with Reginald Delk? ``I don't know. The game was so emotional." I guess that an affirmative.

 

I'm surprised to hear UK fans saying they are glad their coach got in a verbal altercation with another player during the game. That's odd to me. It's one thing for the players to do it to one another, but it's pathetic to see a head coach to tell a player on another team that his guy was going to kick the other guys a_ _ after the game(no matter how emotional the game was). I'm really surprised Cal would do so. I know most of you are going to defend him for it, and that's fine. He's your coach. But that don't make it right, it doesn't matter what the circumstances were/are, a head coach should never get involved in something like that.

 

I have no problem with the players talking smack, but the coach doing so is silly. He's a grown man, that is in charge of running the program.

 

Also, wonder what uncle Tony had to say.

From twitter:

 

goodmanonfox -John Calipari on whether he exchanged words with Reginald Delk? ``I don't know. The game was so emotional." I guess that an affirmative.

 

I'm surprised to hear UK fans saying they are glad their coach got in a verbal altercation with another player during the game. That's odd to me. It's one thing for the players to do it to one another, but it's pathetic to see a head coach do so. I'm really surprised Cal would do so. I know most of you are going to defend him for it, and that's fine. He's your coach. But that don't make it right, it doesn't matter what the circumstances were/are, a head coach should never get involved in something like that.

 

 

I can see a coach trying to defend his player from an opposing player, but if Coach Cal did indeed say what has been mentioned then I agree with you that is not something he should have said or done.

I can see a coach trying to defend his player from an opposing player, but if Coach Cal did indeed say what has been mentioned then I agree with you that is not something he should have said or done.

 

Exactly, if Delk was bothering Bledsoe, he should of grabbed Bledsoe and sit him down (which he did take him out). Bledsoe is his responsibility. Not Delk. Not only did he talk smack to Delk, he let Bledsoe stand over there and jaw for a good 10 seconds too. He should've of been in his face controlling the controllable. Both teams were in the wrong, no doubt about it. But my point is you can't talk to kids that aren't on your team like that.

 

Just like Pitino should of been down in Delk/Sosa (whoever's face). You just can't talk to opposing players that way. Don't care who you are or who you coach.

From twitter:

 

goodmanonfox -John Calipari on whether he exchanged words with Reginald Delk? ``I don't know. The game was so emotional." I guess that an affirmative.

 

I'm surprised to hear UK fans saying they are glad their coach got in a verbal altercation with another player during the game. That's odd to me. It's one thing for the players to do it to one another, but it's pathetic to see a head coach to tell a player on another team that his guy was going to kick the other guys a_ _ after the game(no matter how emotional the game was). I'm really surprised Cal would do so. I know most of you are going to defend him for it, and that's fine. He's your coach. But that don't make it right, it doesn't matter what the circumstances were/are, a head coach should never get involved in something like that.

 

I have no problem with the players talking smack, but the coach doing so is silly. He's a grown man, that is in charge of running the program.

 

Also, wonder what uncle Tony had to say.

 

All these things can be said for Pitino having an affair. Coaches are human and make mistakes. Sure he should not get involved in a verbal confrontation with an opposing players during the game, but people do strange things when emotions are involved. He didn't take a swing at him, or send someone after him. This is not a big deal. You can try and spin it anyway you want, but he said some things to a player in an emotional game. Get over it.

All these things can be said for Pitino having an affair. Coaches are human and make mistakes. Sure he should not get involved in a verbal confrontation with an opposing players during the game, but people do strange things when emotions are involved. He didn't take a swing at him, or send someone after him. This is not a big deal. You can try and spin it anyway you want, but he said some things to a player in an emotional game. Get over it.

 

Pitino having an affair had nothing to do with UK's coach telling a UofL player that his guy would kick Delk's butt after the game (during the game on national television). Pitino's affair (which was pathetic) had nothing to do with the game. What if Pitino had said it. Good grief, it would be all over the message boards and national media.

 

There's no way to defend it, but if it makes you feel better. You spin away...

 

As far as getting over it. If you read my post, I'm not a biased fan. I said as soon as the game over, no bid deal with the stuff that went on. UK was the better team and they won. I've actually said numerous times, time to move on.

 

Just pointing out on this issue, it's pretty pathetic.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.