Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Check out this video from the game...

Featured Replies

Exactly, if Delk was bothering Bledsoe, he should of grabbed Bledsoe and sit him down (which he did take him out). Bledsoe is his responsibility. Not Delk. Not only did he talk smack to Delk, he let Bledsoe stand over there and jaw for a good 10 seconds too. He should've of been in his face controlling the controllable. Both teams were in the wrong, no doubt about it. But my point is you can't talk to kids that aren't on your team like that.

 

Just like Pitino should of been down in Delk/Sosa (whoever's face). You just can't talk to opposing players that way. Don't care who you are or who you coach.

 

:cry::cry:

  • Replies 75
  • Views 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:cry::cry:

 

Please, come up with something better than that. I'm not crying. I've said it over and over again. UK is/was the better team. But I just can't believe UK fans would condone this type of behavior on the court, and act like it's nothing.

Pitino having an affair had nothing to do with UK's coach telling a UofL player that his guy would kick Delk's _ _ _ after the game (during the game on national television). Pitino's affair (which was pathetic) had nothing to do with the game. What if Pitino had said it. Good grief, it would be all over the message boards and national media.

 

There's no way to defend it, but if it makes you feel better. You spin away...

 

Come on, he got caught up in the emotions of the game. Have you ever got emotional and said something you regret? He didn't do anything, or get someone to do anything. Just words.

Come on, he got caught up in the emotions of the game. Have you ever got emotional and said something you regret? He didn't do anything, or get someone to do anything. Just words.

 

Of course I have.

 

And in the big picture, I know what you're saying. But it's still pretty shocking, and worth talking about.

But it's still pretty shocking, and worth talking about.

 

Not really. And not really. I think he should apologize for it looking back, but he got caught up in it. If we talked about every little stupid thing that every coach said or did in a big game that was "bad", sports would be very boring.

Come on, he got caught up in the emotions of the game. Have you ever got emotional and said something you regret? He didn't do anything, or get someone to do anything. Just words.

 

I don't think anybody is disputing that. The fact remains he shouldn't have said what he allegedly said, and Coach Cal knows that. I seriously doubt he can't remember saying that.

Cal now knows the UL game is just not another game. Maybe he will do better the next time.

Not really. And not really. I think he should apologize for it looking back, but he got caught up in it. If we talked about every little stupid thing that every coach said or did in a big game that was "bad", sports would be very boring.

 

I disagree, I doubt coaches talk to opposing players like that very often. It's not like he said, hey Reggie, leave Eric alone or get away Reggie. He threatened a player on another team. That's not a little deal IMO. He's suppose to be the Head Coach of the team. It's over, and it didn't effect the game. So there's no point in going back and forth any more. We disagree on it, that's fine. I respect your opinion.

 

I don't think he should apoligize either. Best just to answer it like he has and move on. Like you said it's not a big deal in the big picutre. So why apoligize.

Some of the garbage that some of the UofL players were trying to pull before the game was pathetic, but that in no way gives Coach Cal the right to say what it's obvious he said. I agree he should defend his players, but he went well overboard IMO.

Some of the garbage that some of the UofL players were trying to pull before the game was pathetic, but that in no way give Coach Cal the right to say what it's obvious he said. I agree he should defend his players, but he went well overboard IMO.

 

:thumb:

I disagree, I doubt coaches talk to opposing players like that very often. It's not like he said, hey Reggie, leave Eric alone or get away Reggie. He threatened a player on another team. That's not a little deal IMO. He's suppose to be the Head Coach of the team. It's over, and it didn't effect the game. So there's no point in going back and forth any more. We disagree on it, that's fine. I respect your opinion.

 

I don't think he should apoligize either. Best just to answer it like he has and move on. Like you said it's not a big deal in the big picutre. So why apoligize.

 

I read somewhere else, I can't remember if it was on youtube or another board where someone said that he was talking to the ref who was at the table giving the foul information. It said that he said (to the ref) "I'll kiss your (rear) after the game....Wrong guy." Basically meaning that he thought the foul should have been on the offense--not Bledsoe. I can't tell from watching the video but it looks like it just as likely could have been that rather than being directed at Delk.

Some of the garbage that some of the UofL players were trying to pull before the game was pathetic, but that in no way gives Coach Cal the right to say what it's obvious he said. I agree he should defend his players, but he went well overboard IMO.

 

Agreed, and I'm one of Coach Cal's biggest fans. Oh well, time to move on to Georgia.

I read somewhere else, I can't remember if it was on youtube or another board where someone said that he was talking to the ref who was at the table giving the foul information. It said that he said (to the ref) "I'll kiss your (rear) after the game....Wrong guy." Basically meaning that he thought the foul should have been on the offense--not Bledsoe. I can't tell from watching the video but it looks like it just as likely could have been that rather than being directed at Delk.

 

That makes sense, the whole thing just seems so unlikely. But so many are saying that is what he said. I really hope that's all it was.

That makes sense, the whole thing just seems so unlikely. But so many are saying that is what he said. I really hope that's all it was.

 

Its hard to tell, it definately could have been either way. If he was talking to the official that might explain why he didn't recall saying anything to Delk. It was a pretty intense game and it wouldn't shock me either way--but I would hope that Cal has been in enough of those type games to hold his emotions in check better than to yell at an opposing player.

I don't think it is ever good for a coach, any coach, to talk to the other team's players unless it is to praise a good play after the game. It is just not professional...doesn't matter who it is. It is certainly tempting, having coached many times, but the coach must bite his tongue.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.