Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Check out this video from the game...

Featured Replies

First of all, what a terrible foul called on Bledsoe :lol:

 

At the 17 second mark it looks like Coach Cal yells, "Reginald, he will kick your 'butt' after the game is over all day."

 

 

Seems like Cal was fed up with the pre-game banter as well. Pretty funny clip.

 

It was most definitely a foul. From my seat at the game I saw Bledsoe wrap his arms around him, which is exactly what the ref showed he did in his foul call. You can't see that at all from the game tape, but that's what happened. Good call.

  • Replies 75
  • Views 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's talking to the ref about fouling the wrong guy. He's not smack talking the player.

It really didn't sound like threat to me, Coach Cal was just stating a fact and was trying help Mr. Delk realize the obvious.:lol:

He's talking to the ref about fouling the wrong guy. He's not smack talking the player.

 

That's what I thought too, but its impossible to tell really.

I read somewhere else, I can't remember if it was on youtube or another board where someone said that he was talking to the ref who was at the table giving the foul information. It said that he said (to the ref) "I'll kiss your (rear) after the game....Wrong guy." Basically meaning that he thought the foul should have been on the offense--not Bledsoe. I can't tell from watching the video but it looks like it just as likely could have been that rather than being directed at Delk.

 

He's talking to the ref about fouling the wrong guy. He's not smack talking the player.

 

That's what I thought too, but its impossible to tell really.

 

 

 

I'm not buying that at all. If that's what he was doing he would have certainly mentioned that when questioned about it instead of saying he doesn't remember if he said anything to Delk or not.

I'm not buying that at all. If that's what he was doing he would have certainly mentioned that when questioned about it instead of saying he doesn't remember if he said anything to Delk or not.

 

Unless he thought they were talking about what he said while he was restraining Bledsoe. He may have known he was talking to the ref at the beginning but couldn't remember what all was said while he was trying to keep Bledsoe from getting tossed.

First of all nobody know for sure what Cal said if he did say that to Delk he souldn't have, none the less I don't mind the action.

 

Secondly, I find it somewhat difficult to believe that Cal would say this to Tony Delk's nephew.

 

As for the pregame drama, it is my understanding that Smith made it a point to cut through the UK layup line on more than one occassion and possibly making contact with Bledsoe and Cousins.

 

There was alot of jawing before the game and the UofL players did not run out during the announcement of the starting lineups which is odd.

 

Bottomline is Louisville wanted to pick a fight and that's what they got. Know of course they want to cry about it.

 

And for the record I think Bledsoe would stomp a mud hole in Delk's rear end and walk it dry.

 

And on last thing, the red scarf Pitino wore in the post game was............................

Can't really tell what Cal says, IMO.

 

I thought the last two words were "wrong guy"...as in, he was telling the officials that they called the foul on the wrong guy. Who knows? I'm with you...I watched it two or three times with DVR and couldn't figure it out.

I read somewhere else, I can't remember if it was on youtube or another board where someone said that he was talking to the ref who was at the table giving the foul information. It said that he said (to the ref) "I'll kiss your (rear) after the game....Wrong guy." Basically meaning that he thought the foul should have been on the offense--not Bledsoe. I can't tell from watching the video but it looks like it just as likely could have been that rather than being directed at Delk.

 

:thumb:

 

That seems more believable to me, because honestly, it looks a lot like "wrong guy" at the end to me. Can't make out the rest, and can't be certain about that, but it was a terrible foul call. However, if all that stuff was going on before the game, its understandable that the officials would try to assert control from the start.

I'm not buying that at all. If that's what he was doing he would have certainly mentioned that when questioned about it instead of saying he doesn't remember if he said anything to Delk or not.

 

That's a good point as well. Wrong guy could also be directed at Delk, as in you picked the wrong guy to tangle with. :idunno:

 

Its nice to be relevant again. :dancingpa

It was most definitely a foul. From my seat at the game I saw Bledsoe wrap his arms around him, which is exactly what the ref showed he did in his foul call. You can't see that at all from the game tape, but that's what happened. Good call.

 

I'm just not seeing what you did on this clip, appears that Bledsoe was pushed into the screener, possibly somewhere below the belt. What was the UK asst. coach saying?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yZKwul98KE

LINK

 

Interesting...

Whatever Cal said, whoever he was talking to, I don't care at all. Actually like it because being at the game I wish I was able to say some stuff. I know Cal showed sportsmanship at the beginning of the game and at the end of the game.

 

Talking about sportsmanship let me tell you Louisville players were great. Before the tip Wall, Patterson, Cousins, and Bledsoe were all at the check-in counter while all the Louisville players were at mid-court along with Miller. Miller went up to each Louisville player and attempted to shake their hand and not one player even looked at him let alone shake his hand. That's pathetic IMO. Talk trash to whoever but when someone is saying good luck and trying to be a good guy, you don't disrespect him like that.

 

I like how Sosa says "they tried to get in our heads" and all that crap. I was at the game 30 minutes before and it was Louisville players, like mentioned before, who were walking in the UK lines and running their mouths. Please, if your going to run your mouth, tell me you'll back it up, at least come out and score more than 5 points in 13 minutes.

 

It was nice when Knowles threw down Wall on a jump ball and then went and picked him up. About the only sign of "sportsmanship" all day.

LINK

 

Interesting...

 

I'm sorry but this statement--

 

"Cousins' forearm to Swopshire came AFTER the whistle and not only was deliberate, but sustained. He bore down on Swopshire with all his weight -- a Courier-Journal still photo confirms it -- and for a brief moment cut off Swopshire's air because his arm was across the neck."

 

pretty much negates any other thought that the author has, IMO.

I'm sorry but this statement--

 

"Cousins' forearm to Swopshire came AFTER the whistle and not only was deliberate, but sustained. He bore down on Swopshire with all his weight -- a Courier-Journal still photo confirms it -- and for a brief moment cut off Swopshire's air because his arm was across the neck."

 

pretty much negates any other thought that the author has, IMO.

 

Wow, to me it's surprising that Swopshire was able to play in the game after that scare...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.