Beechwood 89 Heritage Academy 64

Beechwood started slow but heated up. Second half Heritage was on fire hit everything they shot. I would like to see the assist, rebounds, and steals mentioned instead of just points. In my opinion the players are the ones that pass to open players. Its not always the player that gets the easy lay-up making the play. How about the players that set them up and made the great pass.

Heard this score was 39-12 at the half Beechwood. If that is true then the Tigers gave up 52 points in the 2nd half, OUCH! Sounds like some defensive work needs to been done in practice. The DIII teams have got to be drooling for a chance to play the Tigers after giving up those kind of points!:puke:

Beechwood could be tough this season...some members of the team will need to play more unselfish for them to reach their potential.

I think you might be right. From what I heard, Beechwood played Holmes pretty tough the first game of the year and was only down one at the half.

If they can continue to get solid play out of Daniels and Cruse to compliment Pohlgeers, they could surprise a team or two this year.

Heard this score was 39-12 at the half Beechwood. If that is true then the Tigers gave up 52 points in the 2nd half, OUCH! Sounds like some defensive work needs to been done in practice. The DIII teams have got to be drooling for a chance to play the Tigers after giving up those kind of points!:puke:

I think it is more like the DIII teams are much more concerned about Beechwood now than they were before the season started. I am sure they thought Beechwood may be down a little but it doesn't appear that way after these first games.

I think it is more like the DIII teams are much more concerned about Beechwood now than they were before the season started. I am sure they thought Beechwood may be down a little but it doesn't appear that way after these first games.

Beechwood is far from down this year. Inexperienced might be a better description of this team.

WOW! Some of the BGP posters had Heritage ranked as high as 5th or 6th in preseason in the D-III poll. Beechwood is leading Heritage by 27 at half and then coasts to an easy win, and the other D-III schools are DROOLING for a chance to play Beechwood? As Dickie V would say, "ARE YOU KIDDING ME"?

Defiantely. If Coach can lend years of experience to the youngsters, they'll be fine..

Looking at HC and CCH, they may have a region berth this year.

:ohbrother:

Now I think I need to help some of you out. I said that the teams would be drooling to play the tigers after they gave up a 52 point half, nowhere in the above statement did I say they would have a snowball chance of beating them. The Tigers put up some impressive numbers themselves. Just anticipating the mind set of the DIII teams after seeing the box score!