Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Highlands v St. X

Featured Replies

I found myself getting sucked into the arguments and feel that it's not appropriate for it to take place in the HHS or St. X victory threads.

 

Here ya go guys, prove your points and may the best fan win.

  • Replies 184
  • Views 15.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

All barking dogs bark.

Edited by Birdsfan

After having seen each team play in the last 24 hours, have to say HHS is the better team. I do think it would be one heck of a game and Highlands would have to throw the ball (unlike the state championship game) in order to get the win. St. X is the only team I've seen with an O-line comparable to the birds.

I have not seen both teams play this weekend, just going by what I saw during the regular season, both teams are very good but I think X would win the game. St. X, Highlands and Simon Kenton were the 3 best teams I saw in KY this year.

I have not seen both teams play this weekend, just going by what I saw during the regular season, both teams are very good but I think X would win the game. St. X, Highlands and Simon Kenton were the 3 best teams I saw in KY this year.

 

I agree with you. I saw all three play several times this year. You have the right order. IMO :thumb:

  • Author
I have not seen both teams play this weekend, just going by what I saw during the regular season, both teams are very good but I think X would win the game. St. X, Highlands and Simon Kenton were the 3 best teams I saw in KY this year.

 

I'll agree on your assesment of the best 3. The actual game is just too close for me. SK was strong and fast but I know that Highlands is VERY fast just ask every team throughout the playoffs that thought they could "match up with Highlands speed" St. X had some weaknesses and from what I'd seen they weren't nearly as good in the second half as the first, you make a team that's used to winning early play two half's and you've got a ball game,

While we're at it, let's talk about this potential matchup.

 

2819642.jpg

I think the St.X/HHS matchup would be a very good game. HHS has a potent passing game with speed to burn and I think that would help them in that matchup. I think the game would come down to turnovers, HHS being the favorite but St.X's running game is right there with the Birds.

Lou.X fan here, it would be a great game....but the Birds earned the Title of Best in State by beating Cincy X (no fluke) who beat both Lou X and Trinity.

Lou.X fan here, it would be a great game....but the Birds earned the Title of Best in State by beating Cincy X (no fluke) who beat both Lou X and Trinity.

:thumb:

I found myself getting sucked into the arguments and feel that it's not appropriate for it to take place in the HHS or St. X victory threads.

 

Here ya go guys, prove your points and may the best fan win.

 

Thank you for starting this thread sf!! It really was irritating reading the game threads and having to read about this debate instead of the game in the thread title.

 

You have to go with what happened on the field as much as possible so I say Highlands is #1 and St. X. #2. I am not sure if I would pick HHS to win that matchup but you have to say they are #1 based on this year's results.

THIS year Highlands can claim best in the state based on the onfield results.

 

Who would win a matchup between St. X and HHS? We'll never know, but who really cares. Today, their both Champions of their respective classes.

Lou.X fan here, it would be a great game....but the Birds earned the Title of Best in State by beating Cincy X (no fluke) who beat both Lou X and Trinity.

 

I agree with you. I'm a Birds fan, but also realize anything can happen when you play the caliber of teams like St. X KY or Louisville Trinity. We have got to get a regular season game scheduled. I would rather drive and hour and a half and play Ky St. X and/or Louisville Trinity than travel across the river to play an Ohio team. The crowds would be huge and imagine the trash talking we could do on here:laugh:. It would be great for our programs and for KY high school football. Let's everybody start stepping up including North Hardin and Johnson Central. I have a lot of respect for Bowling Green and Manual for scheduling the tougher teams in this state. There are 1A and 2A schools in Northern KY, (Beechwood and NCC) playing tougher schedules than the much bigger schools. So coaches put your pride on the shelf, you may loose a couple more game than you normally would have, but your team will be far better prepared come playoff time.

I think HHS would beat St. X with there senior QB not so sure with the Sophmore.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.