Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

DeMarcus Cousins

Featured Replies

Cousins

15 mins played

5 pts

1 blk

1 t/o

6 reb

 

Orton

18 mins played

0 pts

2 blk

1 t/o

5 reb

 

Stevenson

8 mins played

0 pts

1 blk

1 t/o

1 reb

 

Cousin's had the best game of a big man not named Patterson...

  • Replies 117
  • Views 14.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not that he is ready, but I see this kid as a "one-and-done" player.

 

Too much potential and a 19 year old body of a 10 year NBA veteran.

 

The first round money will be too much to pass on.

 

You would think from reading this thread that Cousins won't even sniff the NBA much less be a one and done...

He got dominated when it came to big time competition from the ACC. Not to mention they're yet to face an SEC team.

Refresh my memory, who from UNC dominated him?

Refresh my memory, who from UNC dominated him?

 

You're right no one dominated him, but he was easily controlled.

Cousins

15 mins played

5 pts

1 blk

1 t/o

6 reb

 

Orton

18 mins played

0 pts

2 blk

1 t/o

5 reb

 

Stevenson

8 mins played

0 pts

1 blk

1 t/o

1 reb

 

Cousin's had the best game of a big man not named Patterson...

 

The stats are true, but even Coach Cal said Orton had more of an impact on the game. His intensity is controlled, though I think Cousins will be fine. He just needs to grow up mentally. JMO

He will be fine. I'm glad Cal is riding him hard, not allowing him to pout his way out of things. Patience, the talent is very much there.

I'm sick of all the threads that pop up after every game, foul, or missed free throw.

I'm sick of all the threads that pop up after every game, foul, or missed free throw.

 

:thumb:

:confused: I think I just blacked out trying to read that...

 

Hopefully he sticks around because he looks like he could use the edukayshun.

 

By the way, I don't believe for one second that his mental problems are a freshman funk, he was known in high school as a kid that had all kinds of talent but no discipline.

Cousins

15 mins played

5 pts

1 blk

1 t/o

6 reb

 

Orton

18 mins played

0 pts

2 blk

1 t/o

5 reb

 

Stevenson

8 mins played

0 pts

1 blk

1 t/o

1 reb

 

Cousin's had the best game of a big man not named Patterson...

 

I will disagree with you here. I think Orton may not have had a better stat line but he did more of the intangibles atleast in the NC game. Cousins is a force but he is a frosh and very immature. He is only 18 yrs old, give the kid a break. He is a very nice player and will do well.

I'm sick of all the threads that pop up after every game, foul, or missed free throw.

 

I'm sick of all the negativity surrounding DeMarcus Cousins, the kid is 19, of course he's a bit immature he's a freshmen. To be frank I kinda like his attitude, as long as he channels that energy to his play on the court.

His potential is in the stratosphere!

 

His current game and maturity has great room for improvement.

 

Well put.

 

Some of Cuz's problems are related to his being a freshman. Most of his problems, IMO, are maturity-related.

 

Somebody asked Cal this summer why Cuz & Cal's 12-year-old son got along so well. Cal said, "Because they're the same age."

I think Cousins has the potential to be the best big man in the country BUT he has some things he needs to work on. Free throw shooting and stupid fouls are obvious but he could average 15-20 points a game easy if he would wait to take his shots under the basket and quit forcing up shots while double teamed. At the beginning of the UNC game while Miller, Patterson, and Wall are getting theirs, Cousins throws up a baseline fade away 10 feet away from the basket. Yes, it did go in and he did get fouled but that was terrible shot selection. It just seems like he doesn't want to be outdone and is more worried about his personal stats than having the offense running smoothly.

Cousins is getting critcized, not because he's playing bad, but because anyone who has watched him for 10 minutes can see his potential...and he's not playing up to it yet. Such is often the case with freshmen. John Wall's are the exception, not the rule.

 

Hopefully, Cousins will improve as the season progresses, but if not, I'm one UK fan that will be happy with 14 and 8. He had a bad game in his first experience against a big time opponent...how dare he? Again, it looked like to me Cousins was too amped up and wanted to make a splash, consequently he forced some stuff and couldn't get himself under control. That's certainly something that he needs to improve on. And, he will with more experience, especially in big atmospheres.

 

He'll be a top 5 pick in next year's draft. I wouldn't be surprised if he and Wall are the first two guys off the board. That is assuming he declares himself eligible, which I'd be surprised if he didn't.

I will disagree with you here. I think Orton may not have had a better stat line but he did more of the intangibles atleast in the NC game. Cousins is a force but he is a frosh and very immature. He is only 18 yrs old, give the kid a break. He is a very nice player and will do well.

 

I agree. I think Orton played well regardless of his final numbers. I can only recall one mistake when he tried to force a pass to Patterson in the post...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.