DeMarcus Cousins

bigblueinsanity

:thumb: At least he shows that he cares!

Question for UK fans, ...

Would you rather have Cousins who has to learn to control his emotions but has the physical ability?

OR

Would you rather have Randolph Morris who rarely showed that he cared at all?

It doesn't matter. Some fans will always find a reason to criticize. I honestly don't think it would matter. To me, it shows me that he cares about what he's doing. He may not always handle it properly but he's learning and growing. I didn't handle everything properly when I was his age either though.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't matter. Some fans will always find a reason to criticize. I honestly don't think it would matter. To me, it shows me that he cares about what he's doing. He may not always handle it properly but he's learning and growing. I didn't handle everything properly when I was his age either though.

:thumb: Not many of us did. :D

Cousins

15 mins played

5 pts

1 blk

1 t/o

6 reb

Orton

18 mins played

0 pts

2 blk

1 t/o

5 reb

Stevenson

8 mins played

0 pts

1 blk

1 t/o

1 reb

Cousin's had the best game of a big man not named Patterson...

IMO, Orton's block on the dunk and then hustling down court to give Patterson the bounce pass on the dunk saved the game. To that point, all momentum was on NC's side.

Okay...so this really bugs me. I know this kid is a frosh but he seems to me that he shoots the ball every time he gets it! I mean he wants to force the game and he seems like a "me" player. He has huge potential and maybe he just needs some time. But I would rather see Orton plays tons more and takes Cousins mins. Orton gives it 100% on the floor where it seems like Cousins takes plays off. Orton will rebound and defend where it seems like Cousins has to take bad shots or force something. I hope Cousins proves me wrong. But he is not ready for the NBA. Though in the NBA they draft on potential so who knows, but he really needs to improve. Also he picks up dumb fouls and never ever thinks a foul is called on him, seems like an attitude problem as well.

Anyone else agree?

YES! Over rated-not near the player I though he was. He will not be a one and done. I think Perry Stevenson is better myself.

I have said this before and I will say it again: Demarcus Cousins is mentally weak and will not be a lottery pick if he leaves this year.

How many 18-19 year old kids do you know who are not 'mentally weak' to some degree? I do agree that he needs to stay for a couple of seasons to mature. It will help him in the long run.

Another question, ... would you rather have Demarcus Cousins or Randoph Morris? At least Cousins cares. Morris never acted like he wanted to be on the floor.

YES! Over rated-not near the player I though he was. He will not be a one and done. I think Perry Stevenson is better myself.

:rolleyes:

Let's see, ...

He is a true freshman who has had typical 1st year big man foul trouble

His numbers so far?

14.8 ppg (#3 on team behind Patterson & Wall)

8.1 rpg (#2 on team behind Patterson)

On the #4 ranked team in the country. He will be fine!

His numbers so far?

14.8 ppg (#3 on team behind Patterson & Wall)

8.1 rpg (#2 on team behind Patterson)

On the #4 ranked team in the country. He will be fine!

And he is the 6th man in minutes on the team at 19.4 per game. Those are pretty good numbers for playing less than half the game on average.

Patterson @ 31.4 mpg

Wall @ 35.4 mpg

Bledsoe @ 29.8 mpg

Miller @ 29.3 mpg

Dodson @ 19.8 mpg

And he is the 6th man in minutes on the team at 19.4 per game. Those are pretty good numbers for playing less than half the game on average.

Patterson @ 31.4 mpg

Wall @ 35.4 mpg

Bledsoe @ 29.8 mpg

Miller @ 29.3 mpg

Dodson @ 19.8 mpg

:thumb:

Those minutes will get better as he learns how to better control his emotions and begins to avoid the silly fouls that tend to get young big men in foul trouble.