Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

DeMarcus Cousins

Featured Replies

How many UK games have you watched this year?:scared:
Enough to know he is not the number two player in the counry coming out of High school. Wall is no doubt number one though. And by the way my comment on Stevenson was tounge in check for all you bashers.:banana:
  • Replies 117
  • Views 14.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Enough to know he is not the number two player in the counry coming out of High school. Wall is no doubt number one though. And by the way my comment on Stevenson was tounge in check for all you bashers.:banana:

 

Those are often based alot off of potential also.

Enough to know he is not the number two player in the counry coming out of High school. Wall is no doubt number one though. And by the way my comment on Stevenson was tounge in check for all you bashers.:banana:

 

Bashers? What do you call your comments about Cousins? Sweet talk? My goodness. We defending this 'kid' (and he is still a kid), not saying he is the best thing since sliced bread, but make no mistake he has contributed MUCH more positive than negative. Once he learns to control his emotions, he will be an excellent player.

 

Like I said before, I would rather pull the reins back on a wild horse than beat a dead one.

Bashers? What do you call your comments about Cousins? Sweet talk? My goodness. We defending this 'kid' (and he is still a kid), not saying he is the best thing since sliced bread, but make no mistake he has contributed MUCH more positive than negative. Once he learns to control his emotions, he will be an excellent player.

 

Like I said before, I would rather pull the reins back on a wild horse than beat a dead one.

I said he was overated-which he is. (In my opinion)
I said he was overated-which he is. (In my opinion)

 

His numbers so far

14.8 ppg (#3 on team behind Patterson & Wall)

8.1 rpg (#2 on team behind Patterson)

 

On the #4 ranked team in the country.

 

Name another freshman big man who is outperforming him right now. There very well may be some, but I am not sure who they are. Does he have work to do? Absolutely. But he has come in, with Wall (the most lauded frosh in the country) and Patterson (All American) getting most of the shots and still nearly average a double double while staying in foul trouble, most UK fans would have said that was great. Not perfect by any stretch, but he is contributing more positive than negative. And having only played 8 collegiate games, ... he will get even better. He may have been overrated, but compared to the last lauded big man we had (Randolph Morris), I would take Cousins every day of the week, and twice on Sunday.

YES! Over rated-not near the player I though he was. He will not be a one and done. I think Perry Stevenson is better myself.

 

That may be the craziest post I've ever read on here. What more do you want from him? He's been very productive. The most productive player on the team with minutes on the court. That statement is just ABSURD!!!!

I said he was overated-which he is. (In my opinion)

 

 

Do you have any points or evidence to back your opinion? Somehow I doubt it. No freshman in the country is more productive with the amount of minutes he plays. Just try and find someone more productive then Cousins. ( Oh, you can stratch Stevenson off the list)

I think with high ratings coming out of high school come great expectations. I think Cousins has been a very productive freshman with the typical young big man problem of getting into foul trouble. However, often we expect a freshman with 4-5 stars to come in and do what Wall has done. Those freshman are few and far between.

Do you have any points or evidence to back your opinion? Somehow I doubt it. No freshman in the country is more productive with the amount of minutes he plays. Just try and find someone more productive then Cousins. ( Oh, you can stratch Stevenson off the list)
John Wall -Stevenson is not a freshman (smart one) and if you read my previous post you would have seen that I was kidding about Stevenson!!

UK fans are never satisfied. We're getting the pleasure of watching one of the all-time great freshman classes this season. All of them have delivered, IMO (with the exception of Hood perhaps). Wall has been even better than expected. Bledsoe has been better than expected. Orton, in light of the talk about his knee injury, has performed better than I expected at this juncture. The difference with Cousins, IMO, is that while I believe he's playing well, you can see that he has the potential to be even better...and apparently the fact that a freshman isn't reaching his potential 8 games into his college career is unbearable and unacceptable to some among us.

 

I think Cousins will get better as the season progresses, but if all we get is 14 and 8, I'll take it. The great thing about UK is that Cousins doesn't have to carry the load. There's enough talent around him for UK to be great even if he doesn't reach his potential.

 

Again though, it is amazing after what we've had to endure that past few years that any UK fan would be that critical of a guy with Cousin's talent who is nearly producing a double double. :idunno:

Again though, it is amazing after what we've had to endure that past few years that any UK fan would be that critical of a guy with Cousin's talent who is nearly producing a double double. :idunno:

 

:thumb: And doing it with about 20 minutes of PT.

With Stanley Robinson talkin smack earlier this week I am eager to see how Cousins responds.

I agree.

With Stanley Robinson talkin smack earlier this week I am eager to see how Cousins responds.

 

So far he's responded with his typical 2 fouls in the first 10 minutes of the game...:lol:

All in all I believe he responded well. He didnt put up a lot of points but had a couple of timely buckets and cleared the boards quite well.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.