KHSAA Title Games in Bowling Green VS The 'Ville

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's beyond time to get over this guys. Papa John's could not be guaranteed to be available, so the KHSAA had no choice but to move it. At the time, WKU was the only other stadium in the state that could host the games. I think since then EKU has gotten turf, so theoretically could host the games. They might be more ideal from a location standpoint, but there is literally no other advantage it has over WKU, and are at a disadvantage in most of the stadium amenities. Commonwealth has no turf, SO STOP TALKING ABOUT IT UNTIL THEY DO.

When Papa John's can be guaranteed available, you can bet the farm the games will go back there. It's not even a question. Until then, quit your whining and get over it because there's nothing that can be done.

IMVHO...The big difference in attendance for the "BIG GAME" will be the fringe Louisville area fan. The true T & X fans will be there in their usual numbers. It's the fans and students of the OTHER Louisville schools that would be at the game if it were in the Ville, because it is all about the event. The Central, Male, Manual, etc. fans won't make the BG trip. It is only my guess, but that probably accounts for many thousands staying home.

The X vs T game is always an event, be it played during the regular season or for all the marbles. The game is what counts, I really don't care how much money the KHSAA gets.

I for one am glad it's not at PJCS this year . A change of scenery will be nice . Would it be considered arrogant to wonder if the championships will ever be played at UC because all our best players are from there! :D Bluebird nation will be at WKU in force . The buses are reserved and ready . Can't wait till Friday!P.S.- Ville fans you had your slice, now let another part of the state have a piece of the pie .:ylsuper:

I think the only people making an issue of this are some of the T and St. X fans. If they support their teams by traveling to BG like everyone else in the state supported their own teams while traveling to Louisville over the years, then I think attendance may surprise some people in Bowling Green. I think the community in BG and vicinity is going to be out in force to watch the games. Personally, I like playing in the smaller stadium and think it will make for a better game atmosphere for all the games.

Also, think about this. The way things have played out this year, several of the games should get better attendance in Bowling Green than Louisville:

Mayfield vs. LCA - more convenient in BG

DeSales vs. Ft. Campbell - since DeSales is in Lou., slight edge to Lou.

Paducah Tilghman vs Somerset - much more convenient in BG

Boyle co. vs. Lone Oak - much more convenient in BG

HHS vs. John Hardin - much more convenient in Lou.

T vs X - much more convenient in Lou.

I don't understand this talk of too far to travel! As a lifelong Highlands fan, my dad and I (my uncle too before he passed) have traveled many, many miles across this state to see games! True fans go to the games if at all possible!

Some of our best times have been driving to and watching games!

Would X and T come out in full force if the games were held at UK or Eastern? Or is it just that that have a thing about traveling to Western?

Drive wise from Louisville to UK or Eastern would be about the same as Western.

Eastern maybe.....but Commonwealth is much closer to me than Smith stadium....but I am going regardless.

Like others have stated, the casual fans from Louisville with little vested interest, like the the folks from Male, Manual, Fern Creek, etc., will likely not make the treck to BG as they would if at Papa Johns, but, putting that game on sat night will offset some of those concerns. Also, with 4 western Ky teams making the finals, I feel alot of the casual fans from other schools in the west may offset the casual Louisville fans that won't make it. In reality, all the teams fans in the finals with a vested interest will be there regardless of the location. It;s not like it's a 3 hr difference in distance as BGreen is just a little more than an hours drive from Louisville. To me, not really a big issue at all.

Would X and T come out in full force if the games were held at UK or Eastern? Or is it just that that have a thing about traveling to Western?

Drive wise from Louisville to UK or Eastern would be about the same as Western.

About 25-30 minutes longer to BG from Louisville than Richmond and about 40-45 minutes longer than the drive from here to Lexington.Not that big a difference, I just prefer the town and the personality of Bowling Green to Richmond or Lexington.