KHSAA Title Games in Bowling Green VS The 'Ville

I want it in Louisville because it is in my backyard.

I think that LT Smith stadium will be a more intimate setting, BG is much easier to navigate, all kinds of other reasons BG could be better. Louisville is much more centrally located for the majority of the state, though.

There we go, finally an honest poster.:cool:

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have a very vested interest in that you have nephews playing....5-6 years from now, while you are still an FC fan....how far are you going to travel to watch them? It is very easy to follow them now. That's what makes the top programs so interesting in that they do have a follow, and the vast majority of folks in the stands no longer have a "vested" interest in the current team.

I didn't mean "brothers" in that sense, they are nephews "at heart" due to what they've gone through this season and in the past.

As long as I'm stationed here at Fort Campbell, and still at home (not deployed as I was for last years state title game). I will travel all over the state to watch them play.

Later.

I am sure the rolling eyes were simply an accident...

No. No accident at all. I just can't understand and get tired of blaming others for our transgressions. You can not provide a valid argument by saying you did it because other did it too. Man up, say "I did it", "I wanted to", or "I was wrong, I apologize", what ever, but don't say I did it because someone else did it.

Allow me to arrogantly post:

I think the 6A game will have fewer in attendance because there are factors outside the "fan base" to consider. Lots of T & X fans have younger children who are in grade school who will be playing basketball games, etc. It will probably keep at least one parent home because the trip may not be doable for those families. A lot of "friends of friends", etc come to the Louisville games because there's not much else to do. :lol: A lot of kids from schools not even affiliated with Trinity & X come because they can be dropped off by their parents and picked up later. So, that definitely does impact the attendance.

I think Trinity & X Will still have a very large attendance...perhaps larger than any of the other games, or even all the games combined because they play on Saturday night, versus Thursday or Friday or even earlier on Saturday.

I think that it's unfair to single out "Louisville posters" as arrogant. Frankly, it's not "Louisville" fans that people think are arrogant, it's specifically Trinity and X posters.

I do not think it's unreasonable to point out that there are arrogant fans in other parts of the state.

I said it. Arrogance.

Like I said earlier, the discussion broke out in the 6A Predictions thread. Who's playing in the 6A Title Game?

All this talk about the gate money and such is really sickening. High School football (to the fans) is not about how much money is taken in by the governing body of the sport.

If you're the only one in the stands, so be it. Yell and scream and support your team to no end.

Later.

Allow me to arrogantly post:

I think the 6A game will have fewer in attendance because there are factors outside the "fan base" to consider. Lots of T & X fans have younger children who are in grade school who will be playing basketball games, etc. It will probably keep at least one parent home because the trip may not be doable for those families. A lot of "friends of friends", etc come to the Louisville games because there's not much else to do. :lol: A lot of kids from schools not even affiliated with Trinity & X come because they can be dropped off by their parents and picked up later. So, that definitely does impact the attendance.

I think Trinity & X Will still have a very large attendance...perhaps larger than any of the other games, or even all the games combined because they play on Saturday night, versus Thursday or Friday or even earlier on Saturday.

I think that it's unfair to single out "Louisville posters" as arrogant. Frankly, it's not "Louisville" fans that people think are arrogant, it's specifically Trinity and X posters.

I do not think it's unreasonable to point out that there are arrogant fans in other parts of the state.

Since the bolded is specific to the 6A schools, I assume that it really was just limited to them. Surely there is no implication that those types of things don't occur with equal proportion anywhere else in the state?

What is the big deal? The teams from western ky travel to Louisville or Lexington all the time. This is like a bunch of little kids. We would not want to inconvenience anyone. The fact is Western will be a very nice venue. Fill up the gas tank, get in the car, drive to WKU and cheer on your team!

What is the big deal? The teams from western ky travel to Louisville or Lexington all the time. This is like a bunch of little kids. We would not want to inconvenience anyone. The fact is Western will be a very nice venue. Fill up the gas tank, get in the car, drive to WKU and cheer on your team!

Looking forward to playing at Western. Sentimental reasons for this family.:thumb: