October 30, 200916 yr There was NOT an editorial in the "hard-copy" of the LHL this morning, and I would be shocked if we ever receive a written "apology" or "correction." I'm sure this is only the tip of the iceberg from the Old Doctor, as his witch hunt will continue...
October 30, 200916 yr http://ukbasketball.bloginky.com/2009/10/29/clarification-pattersons-new-truck-in-huntington/ Tipton acknowledges he was, well incorrect in his article. Mrs. Patterson said she received a call from the Hearld Leader's editor apologizing for the article. A correction will be ran tomorrow. Please someone from the print media please tell me that Tipton is just doing his job. Please, please, please come to his defense. Because I guess I still don't understand the role the media plays. Jim Schue, where are you?
October 30, 200916 yr I agree that I took it a little far. I tend to get carried away when I feel passionately about something and it has really bothered me how much Tipton has alluded to wrong-doing wtih the UK program and players. I apologize to everyone for taking it too far, but I am happy that Tipton has helped things out by exposing himself as a fraud. Looks like Tipton is the "FAKE PRESS". the one poster was talking about, not you my friend.
October 30, 200916 yr Upon initially reading the article, I didn't think it was negative. I did, however, question the motivation for including so much about Patrick Patterson's new Lincoln Mark LT. That he made up part of the story regarding the new ride certainly makes him look bad.
October 30, 200916 yr I'm sure Jim Shue will come up with a excuse for Tipton and other writers that put out stories that are completely made up.
October 30, 200916 yr The first thing a person thinks reading the article is how did Patterson get that nice of a truck? It makes me think that Tipton is wondering the same thing and wanted the public to know about him having a new truck (just like he wanted everyone to know that Rondo was driving a vehicle owned by Derek Anderson). But the thing that is really bad is he was inaccurate, which is unacceptable if it is something he does more than once in a blue moon. You're right on target LMB. That's what makes it look like Tipton always has an agenda when he reports about UK. He likes to plant ideas in the readers head. He makes it too obvious.
October 30, 200916 yr I'm sure Jim Shue will come up with a excuse for Tipton and other writers that put out stories that are completely made up. I'd say the odds are he doesn't make another post in this thread. And if he does, he'll just ignore this respected journalist simply making things up.
October 30, 200916 yr I agree that I took it a little far. I tend to get carried away when I feel passionately about something and it has really bothered me how much Tipton has alluded to wrong-doing wtih the UK program and players. I apologize to everyone for taking it too far, but I am happy that Tipton has helped things out by exposing himself as a fraud. :thumb: I just sat back and watched the ride on this story. It turned out about like a lot of people thought it would. Oh well, most anyway. :lol:
October 30, 200916 yr The first thing a person thinks reading the article is how did Patterson get that nice of a truck? It makes me think that Tipton is wondering the same thing and wanted the public to know about him having a new truck (just like he wanted everyone to know that Rondo was driving a vehicle owned by Derek Anderson). But the thing that is really bad is he was inaccurate, which is unacceptable if it is something he does more than once in a blue moon. That's the impression I got as well. There was really no other reason to put so much emphasis on the new vehicle. He lead the story with it and made a point to state the make and model...then mentions it again later. So, I had to question the motivation. Had he just said that Patterson had a new truck and a new game to go with it and never mentioned it again, I wouldn't have thought anything about it. I really didn't think anything else in the article was negative. That said, if its factual, then I really don't have a problem with it. I might question or disagree with his decision to write it in a way that clearly seems designed to stir the pot...especially when you consider that Patrick Patterson has been a model citizen since arriving at UK. Not a hint of character concerns or anything questionable that I'm aware of...unless Tipton had some inside information that the new vehicle wasn't on the level, why even go there? I don't understand that mindset. To me, its one thing to write about the Wall situation, or the Calipari stuff. This one just seemed like a horribly failed attempt to generate uncertainty where none exists as far as we know. JMO
October 30, 200916 yr I'd say the odds are he doesn't make another post in this thread. And if he does, he'll just ignore this respected journalist simply making things up. I'm sure Jim Shue will come up with a excuse for Tipton and other writers that put out stories that are completely made up. Actually, I just gave up, because you guys just say the same things repeatedly. But I'll ask this, as I did in the other thread: I thought it was just one detail about the Patterson vehicle that needed clarification (which Tipton did)? That would mean the rest of the story was true. Why throw the baby out with the bathwater?
October 30, 200916 yr Actually, I just gave up, because you guys just say the same things repeatedly. But I'll ask this, as I did in the other thread: I thought it was just one detail about the Patterson vehicle that needed clarification (which Tipton did)? That would mean the rest of the story was true. Why throw the baby out with the bathwater?Jim I didn't even read the story because I really could care less about it. But to flat out lie seems pretty bad to me.
October 30, 200916 yr Actually, I just gave up, because you guys just say the same things repeatedly. But I'll ask this, as I did in the other thread: I thought it was just one detail about the Patterson vehicle that needed clarification (which Tipton did)? That would mean the rest of the story was true. Why throw the baby out with the bathwater? Actually there were at least two. 1. He didn't drive the car to the game. 2. He didn't drive the car home from the game. In fact it was in West Virginia. The only factual thing about the car was that it in fact does exist. So what was the point in letting everyone know a new car exists? There are a lot of cars and a lot of athletes drive cars. Is this his new job? Will he be covering every car every player drives? Maybe just 5 star recruits. I'm waiting for the article about Wall, Cousins, Orton, and Bloedoe's cars. This stuff is need to know info after all.
October 30, 200916 yr Actually, I just gave up, because you guys just say the same things repeatedly. But I'll ask this, as I did in the other thread: I thought it was just one detail about the Patterson vehicle that needed clarification (which Tipton did)? That would mean the rest of the story was true. Why throw the baby out with the bathwater?You will have to forgive the rest of us that did not attend the Dan Rather School of Journalism. We did not realize that baby and bathwater were comparable to making up facts. You know better.
October 30, 200916 yr Actually, I just gave up, because you guys just say the same things repeatedly. But I'll ask this, as I did in the other thread: I thought it was just one detail about the Patterson vehicle that needed clarification (which Tipton did)? That would mean the rest of the story was true. Why throw the baby out with the bathwater? But sometimes "just one detail" makes a huge difference. In this case, it does expose Tipton to be digging for dirt. As I've mentioned a thousand times, why hasn't he covered the story about Patterson befriending the sick little girl (the one reported on by Yahoo)? Why is he so intent on writing pieces filled with innuendo and subtle hints of wrongdoing on UK's part? The John Wall thing I understood, because it was/is a national story. I think he beat it to death, but why discuss what a player drives, unless you're trying to make the implication that something illegal is at hand?
October 30, 200916 yr Maybe Tipton has more information than what he's letting on at this point. Just a thought. And no, just because one detail — it's not as though the vehicle was what the entire story was about — was incorrect or needed clarification means the entire story was wrong. Yes, that is what I call throwing the baby out with the bathwater.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.