Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tipton Releases a New Masterpiece

Featured Replies

Jerry Tipton is officially taking his hunt for negativity to all new levels this season. Here is his latest "work" that features at least 5 attempts at trying to get a negative angle on something:

 

http://www.kentucky.com/818/story/996630.html

 

Heck, it starts by point out that Patrick Patterson has a "new Lincoln Mark LT" and ends with this:

 

"The two prospects sat in the front row behind the White team bench. From that vantage point, they could hear fans chant their names. "

 

:puke:

  • Replies 150
  • Views 14.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure the 2 recruits could hear their name chanted from anywhere in Rupp Arena. Its not like they had to be courtside to hear that. :lol:

  • Author
I'm sure the 2 recruits could hear their name chanted from anywhere in Rupp Arena. Its not like they had to be courtside to hear that. :lol:

 

I've never seen anyone work as hard to cause problems.

Just stop reading his articles...it's pretty easy to do. I've done it recently. BTW, I heard PP's new ride is sweeeeeet!

  • Author
Just stop reading his articles...it's pretty easy to do. I've done it recently. BTW, I heard PP's new ride is sweeeeeet!

 

I'm sure it is sweet or Tipton wouldn't have mentioned it in his article to see if he can get any negative allegations started about how Patterson got a new ride.

I don't really see any negativity in that article at all.

  • Author
I don't really see any negativity in that article at all.

 

Are you being serious? The entire article is negative.

Are you being serious? The entire article is negative.

 

Yup, dead serious.

 

He says that Patterson got a new car. Then, later in the article, he says that Mr. Patterson finally gave in & got it for him.

 

I'm not a fan of everything that Tipton writes, but give me a break.

 

The only "negative" I can see is the last line, which had to do with the recruits & their names being chanted. The comments about Liggins are dead on...but I guess they could be construed to be negative if you object to the truth.

I don't really see any negativity in that article at all.

 

Me neither. Who cares if he did get a new ride. He's going to be a lotto pick, banks would easily give him a loan. He was simply making an analogy in his lead about Patterson and the Cats getting off to a new start.

Are you being serious? The entire article is negative.
Your whole outlook on Tipton is negative. There isn't one objectionable thing in that article.

 

Stick to your blog and being a fan and leave the media criticism to those that have a clue and a smidgen of objectivity.

Edited by westsider

  • Author

Here are a few negative slants from the article:

 

- Patterson's new Lincoln Mark LT in the first paragraph

 

- "The crowd got involved in politely applauding as former UK Coach Joe B. Hall" - actually, Hall received about a 15-second standing ovation that was one of the highlights of the entire night

 

- "The two prospects sat in the front row behind the White team bench. From that vantage point, they could hear fans chant their names." - this one's obvious

  • Author
You're whole outlook on Tipton is negative. There isn't one objectionable thing in that article.

 

Stick to your blog and being a fan and leave the media criticism to those that have a clue and a smidgen of objectivity.

 

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

  • Author

I guess I need to follow this advice from someone that is a position to criticize the media:

 

“I come to work and somebody says ‘Coach, Jerry Tipton (basketball writer for the Lexington Herald-Leader) just killed you today’ and I just look at them and say okay, that’s fine. I don’t read it. I like Jerry. I’ve always liked Jerry. I just don’t read what he writes and don’t want to know what he writes.”

 

- John Calipari

  • Author
You're whole outlook on Tipton is negative. There isn't one objectionable thing in that article.

 

Stick to your blog and being a fan and leave the media criticism to those that have a clue and a smidgen of objectivity.

 

You think?:thumb:

Come on now Wireman. I don't know how anyone could have any problem with that article. Tipton gave a good description of the game, and the part about Patterson's new ride was not negative in any form at all. I think you definitely need to quit reading his articles because I think you're just looking for anything at all to complain about, and when there's nothing there you're just making stuff up.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.