Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tipton Releases a New Masterpiece

Featured Replies

It isn't like the new truck is a big secret. Heck, Patrick Patterson discussed it early in the story, and his comments helped tie the story together. My guess is that Tipton's mistake was assuming he had driven the actual vehicle to the game that night.

 

The conspiracy theories abound ...

 

 

You're reading an edited version of the story if you just now clicked on the link. The earlier story was different.

  • Replies 150
  • Views 14.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Frankly, I thought nothing of the comment that Patrick Patterson has a nice new truck. I'm not surprised that any athlete in his position has one. I guess I'm not like the fans that get paranoid every time something gets mentioned about it.

 

Not knowing the situation, my guess is that Tipton saw Patterson driving the truck one day or heard about it through one his teammates and asked him about it. Any time Tipton asks a question, people think it has sinister overtones. If Patterson suspected it, I doubt that he would have even discussed it with him.

You're reading an edited version of the story if you just now clicked on the link. The earlier story was different.
Which link? What was way different?
Which link? What was way different?

 

If you are just now reading the article it's not the same as when Wireman posted it. He had to change it after Patterson's mom called him out for lying in the article. He admitted he made a mistake, but not that he made something up. Which he did.

If Tipton is "out to get UK", how has he maintained the job for nearly 30 years? Tipton assumed he drove the car, in all honesty he should of not dropped the tidbit about the car at all. All of these kids get cars, not a big deal really. He was trying to tie it into his lead, and it made him look stupid. It is kind of silly that people would even care what kind of car PP is driving anyway.

 

Why put anything at all about any car any player is driving? There is a perception that some coaches cheat to get great players or keep All American first round draft picks on campus another year. If anyone says the point of this article wasn't to imply something fishy they are lying to themselves. Now that it has been proven that he made up most of the part about the new vehicle it's even more apparent he was trying to stir the pot. There's really no other explanation. Wireman sniffed it out from the get go, was blasted for it, but now we find out his suspicion was dead on. Do all "journalists" keep their jobs when it's proven they lied in an article?

Basically, Tipton just made up a story and released it. I am not sure where Tipton went to school but that would be a quick way to fail Journalism 101.

 

His Editor should have a little egg on his face for letting a complete fabrication be printed in the paper. It makes you wonder if he has fabricated a few other little stories...

I read the original story and posted a response a mere 15 minutes after he linked it, so I saw the original story.

 

Again, it's a lot of guys jumping on a rather innocuous mistake and trying to make a huge controversy out of it.

I don't know why he put that in the article. But he needs to be more careful because if a newspaper writer is not accurate with information then he is of no use really. I don't mind his constant comments about Wall and Calpari, but he just writes about the same thing over and over.

I read the original story a mere 15 minutes after he linked it. What's been changed? The story or the blog apology?

 

He changed the story after the blog non apology. He said Patterson drove to and from the game in the car. The car was/is in Huntington West Virginia. He was implying that everything w/ the car might not have been on the up and up. There's no other way around it.

  • Author
I read the original story and posted a response a mere 15 minutes after he linked it, so I saw the original story.

 

Again, it's a lot of guys jumping on a rather innocuous mistake and trying to make a huge controversy out of it.

 

How in the world can you sit here and call that a little innocuous mistake? :ohbrother:

 

He said Patterson drove to the game in his new car and he drove from the game in his new car. That's not a little mistake - that's fiction.

How in the world can you sit here and call that a little innocuous mistake? :ohbrother:

 

He said Patterson drove to the game in his new car and he drove from the game in his new car. That's not a little mistake - that's fiction.

 

Maybe b/c he lambasted you and you were right. Anyone who says he isn't on a witch hunt after this is either not paying attention or wrong.

Why put anything at all about any car any player is driving? There is a perception that some coaches cheat to get great players or keep All American first round draft picks on campus another year. If anyone says the point of this article wasn't to imply something fishy they are lying to themselves. Now that it has been proven that he made up most of the part about the new vehicle it's even more apparent he was trying to stir the pot. There's really no other explanation. Wireman sniffed it out from the get go, was blasted for it, but now we find out his suspicion was dead on. Do all "journalists" keep their jobs when it's proven they lied in an article?

 

I agree the car part was stupid.

 

So you don't think coaches cheat? And no, sadly enough journalist don't lost their job for bending the truth. If they did, there would be no journalist.

 

As for Tipton, I've never read him a lot. I just wonder how, if he is a UK headhunter, he has keep the beat job for this many year. Unless.... the newspaper likes for him to create controversy.

Edited by LCPATS

I agree the car part was stupid.

 

So you don't think coaches cheat? And no, sadly enough journalist don't lost their job for bending the truth. If they did, there would be no journalist.

 

As for Tipton, I've never read him a lot. I just wonder how, if he is a UK headhunter, he has keep the beat job for this many year. Unless.... the newspaper likes for him to create controversy.

 

I never said coaches don't cheat. That's what makes this so bad IMO. He was implying cheating. The only problem was he completely made something up to do it.

 

He does cause controversy. I've rarely if ever commented on Tipton. I almost never read an article of his. If a players mother calls him out for flat out lying that isn't controversy. It's bull. He should be fired.

Kudos to Wireman for continuing his quest in regards to Tipton. You've been vindicated, my friend.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.