Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tipton Releases a New Masterpiece

Featured Replies

But sometimes "just one detail" makes a huge difference. In this case, it does expose Tipton to be digging for dirt. As I've mentioned a thousand times, why hasn't he covered the story about Patterson befriending the sick little girl (the one reported on by Yahoo)? Why is he so intent on writing pieces filled with innuendo and subtle hints of wrongdoing on UK's part?

 

The John Wall thing I understood, because it was/is a national story. I think he beat it to death, but why discuss what a player drives, unless you're trying to make the implication that something illegal is at hand?

 

In his defense, there has been a lot of UK dirt he's been able to sift through over the years, and plenty of it has borne fruit.

  • Replies 150
  • Views 14.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Actually there were at least two. 1. He didn't drive the car to the game. 2. He didn't drive the car home from the game. In fact it was in West Virginia. The only factual thing about the car was that it in fact does exist. So what was the point in letting everyone know a new car exists? There are a lot of cars and a lot of athletes drive cars. Is this his new job? Will he be covering every car every player drives? Maybe just 5 star recruits. I'm waiting for the article about Wall, Cousins, Orton, and Bloedoe's cars. This stuff is need to know info after all.

 

Given UK's history, when a basketball player shows up somewhere with a slick new vehicle, it raises red flags, whether you like it or not.

Given UK's history, when a basketball player shows up somewhere with a slick new vehicle, it raises red flags, whether you like it or not.

 

And Tipton lied whether you believe it or not.

I prefer to think of it as misrepresenting the truth. :D

And Tipton lied whether you believe it or not.

 

Actually, it sounds like he just didn't have all the information, and made certain hasty assumptions. If a kid tells you he got a new car (which is what it would appear Patterson did by the direct quote used in the story), you assume he would be hopping into it that night after leaving the gym. Most reasonable people would.

 

I don't know that Tipton ever actually said he physically saw PP getting into said vehicle. So you can't really say he lied.

Given UK's history, when a basketball player shows up somewhere with a slick new vehicle, it raises red flags, whether you like it or not.

 

UK has not been in any trouble since 1989 in basketball. That is 20 years. The last time UK basketball got in trouble half the current UK players weren't even born. Now I am not saying that since then nothing shady has went on. So what fruitful find has Jerry Tipton made concerning a UK player doing something wrong?

UK has not been in any trouble since 1989 in basketball. That is 20 years. The last time UK basketball got in trouble half the current UK players weren't even born. Now I am not saying that since then nothing shady has went on. So what fruitful find has Jerry Tipton made concerning a UK player doing something wrong?

 

Same way Kentucky fans are willing to dismiss UCLA's past championships because they suspect they were ill-gotten, I prefer to believe that UK just got better at covering up its shadiness since then; in other words, they were forced to be less obvious and brazen about it.

 

Tipton's been doing this a long time, and has had the time to build up a pretty extensive list of contacts. I would guarantee he gets a lot of tips from people of things to look into.

Same way Kentucky fans are willing to dismiss UCLA's past championships because they suspect they were ill-gotten, I prefer to believe that UK just got better at covering up its shadiness since then; in other words, they were forced to be less obvious and brazen about it.

 

Tipton's been doing this a long time, and has had the time to build up a pretty extensive list of contacts. I would guarantee he gets a lot of tips from people of things to look into.

 

You always bring up UCLA, but have always took up for UCLA and John Wooden. If Tipton has information about something wrong he should either report it or let it go. Here is the thing. I believe with the article he meant to raise eye brows about Patterson's new vehicle. Everyone's first thought is where did he get the vehicle. But in doing so he gave inaccurate information. If someone is writing for a paper and is inaccurate then what good are they? I'm not going to throw him under the bus for one comment that was inaccurate, but when he is inaccurate criticism should follow.

Same way Kentucky fans are willing to dismiss UCLA's past championships because they suspect they were ill-gotten, I prefer to believe that UK just got better at covering up its shadiness since then; in other words, they were forced to be less obvious and brazen about it.

 

Tipton's been doing this a long time, and has had the time to build up a pretty extensive list of contacts. I would guarantee he gets a lot of tips from people of things to look into.

 

Also, I asked you what dirt he has sifted through and borne fruit and you can't give me one example of that. Unless he uncovered the Eddie Sutton deal I don't know of any.

You always bring up UCLA, but have always took up for UCLA and John Wooden. If Tipton has information about something wrong he should either report it or let it go. Here is the thing. I believe with the article he meant to raise eye brows about Patterson's new vehicle. Everyone's first thought is where did he get the vehicle. But in doing so he gave inaccurate information. If someone is writing for a paper and is inaccurate then what good are they? I'm not going to throw him under the bus for one comment that was inaccurate, but when he is inaccurate criticism should follow.

 

It's still a business. How stupid would it be to take information you could sell hundreds of thousands of papers with and potentially win you multiple awards and just give it away? His newspaper would much rather the NCAA follow Tipton's lead on investigating something than vice-versa. It's just good business.

Also, I asked you what dirt he has sifted through and borne fruit and you can't give me one example of that. Unless he uncovered the Eddie Sutton deal I don't know of any.

 

Pretty sure he's been around that long.

Pretty sure he's been around that long.

 

And? Did he break the story?

Actually, it sounds like he just didn't have all the information, and made certain hasty assumptions. If a kid tells you he got a new car (which is what it would appear Patterson did by the direct quote used in the story), you assume he would be hopping into it that night after leaving the gym. Most reasonable people would.

 

I don't know that Tipton ever actually said he physically saw PP getting into said vehicle. So you can't really say he lied.

 

Sad. You are the same as you call UK fans. Kool-Aid, rose colored glasses or whatever. You can't just admit how wrong this one is. :ohbrother:

Sad. You are the same as you call UK fans. Kool-Aid, rose colored glasses or whatever. You can't just admit how wrong this one is. :ohbrother:

 

Really? How can you be so sure what I pose isn't correct?

And? Did he break the story?

 

I'd say he at least played a part in it.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.