Rank the Conferences

Original Rookie

Ranking them is tough, IMO.

SEC is the clear #1.

I would probably take the Big 12 at number two.

3 is where it gets tough, IMO.

ACC- Two top 10 teams, a good but not great Georgia Tech Team, and 9 average to terrible teams.

Pac-10- Maybe no team (including USC) is that great, but there is some depth in the conference. The teams are just so inconsistent though.

Big 10- As crazy as it is to say, it may be one of the more underrated conferences this year. I don't think that any team in the conference would win the MNC, but there are a few pretty good teams, and Ohio State & Michigan are going to get better and better as their young players mature.

Big East- Isn't far behind, but after the top two teams, the rest of the conference just isn't any good.

MWC- Have some good teams, but I think overall they can only be compared to the Big East, and that might be a stretch.

1.SEC

2.Pac 10

3. Big 12

4. Big 10

5. ACC

6. Big East

I think the ACC is extremely overrated this season. Until the Big 12 North makes some noise for them I can't see them jumping the Pac-10. I know Nebraska looks good this season, but I need some results out of conference.

1.SEC

2.Pac 10

3. Big 12

4. Big 10

5. ACC

6. Big East

I think the ACC is extremely overrated this season. Until the Big 12 North makes some noise for them I can't see them jumping the Pac-10. I know Nebraska looks good this season, but I need some results out of conference.

A last second loss at V Tech is about the best loss you can have.

I can see the argument for Pac 10 over ACC, but over the Big 12? I don't see that at all.

A last second loss at V Tech is about the best loss you can have.

I can see the argument for Pac 10 over ACC, but over the Big 12? I don't see that at all.

To me the difference comes at the bottom. Baylor, Kansas State, Colorado are really bad. The only team I look at in the pac 10 that is really bad is Washington State.

The Pac-10 is a clear #2 this year, they have 9 teams who may very well get bowl bids. Very tough conference, top to bottom. Only Washington State is a gimme versus national competition. Pac-10 also does very well against other conferences.

Since the Big East/ACC split I'd go like this:

SEC

Big 12/Pac 10

Big Ten

Big East (have done much better in BCS games, big games, etc than ACC)

ACC

People don't realize the ACC has (by far) been the worse BCS bowl game record of all time and last year was the first one they had one in years.

This year I'd go:

SEC

Pac

Big Ten

ACC

Big 12

Big East