October 13, 200916 yr Another factor that doesn't help is like Neerfan stated, people would rather scalp tickets, ebay tickets, craigslist tickets, etc. than to go pay full price at Paul Brown. It's dumb to pay 70 or 85 bucks for a ticket when you can purchase 2 for 100 online anywhere. The tickets that are already sold are being circulated constantly and it makes the tickets that are unsold nearly useless. I've been looking for some for around that price. Where have you seen them?
October 13, 200916 yr Any chance for an extension like the 1st game? They need to be closer than 7,000 available tickets to get one. I honestly hope it doesn't sell out. If there is enough outrage the NFL might look at their policy that's 36 years old. Also, I love that the Brown family isn't selling out the stadium finally.
October 13, 200916 yr As a fan, i'm not crazy about the rule. However, you need not look any further than this new ESPN deal with the SEC. I've been to games this season in Lexington, Knoxville, and Columbia. Empty seats at EVERY one of them. As far as the NFL pricing fans out...when people stop buying the tickets consistently, the price may come down. I doubt the NFL rule will ever change, so if you really want to affect change the only way I see it being done is stop going to the games and hope everyone else does too so your favorite team lowers the price.
October 13, 200916 yr I think it will sell out. I also understand why the NFL handles the blackout rule the way that they do. I do however think the rule should be considered for adjustment due to the current status of the US economy.
October 13, 200916 yr I'd say they'll get the extension and sell out. The Bears game is already sold out. Still, I'm shocked to see them still dealing with this at 4-1. Times are just tough, especially when talking about buying a $80 ticket.
October 13, 200916 yr I'd say they'll get the extension and sell out. The Bears game is already sold out. Still, I'm shocked to see them still dealing with this at 4-1. Times are just tough, especially when talking about buying a $80 ticket. Times are tough. But, people have different values and interest in teams throughout the country. Nobody can tell me times are tougher in the greater Cincinnati area than in Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Green Bay, etc. and I am sure this is not even an issue at these locations.
October 13, 200916 yr Times are tough. But, people have different values and interest in teams throughout the country. Nobody can tell me times are tougher in the greater Cincinnati area than in Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Green Bay, etc. and I am sure this is not even an issue at these locations. Looking at the unemployment rates for the places you mentioned, the times do seem to be quite different... http://www.bls.gov/web/laumstrk.htm
October 13, 200916 yr To state the obvious like the link shows Ohio has been one of the hardest hit states. This is a direct result on the economy. I wish more people could afford to go and it would sell at but at some point you have to think about feeding your kids over going to a football game. Plus Houston just isn't that big of a draw. Lost game was wasn't a sell out..... You guessed it Houston.
October 13, 200916 yr OH/IN/KY the tristate near the bottom of that list.. not good. I still think it will sell out but if gas rises and with the holidays coming down the stretch may become tough winning or not.
October 13, 200916 yr Looking at the unemployment rates for the places you mentioned, the times do seem to be quite different... http://www.bls.gov/web/laumstrk.htm Look at the rates for the metro areas that have NFL teams. None of the locations (unless you are in Bismark or Fargo) are in good shape and not far off from the horrid national unemployment average. Just because you may be a fraction below the line (National Average is what, 9.8%), it does not mean things are going well or a lot better in point A or point B. http://www.bls.gov/web/laummtrk.htm
October 13, 200916 yr They had trouble selling out during their good run a few years back and the economy was better then. It's just how it is in Cincy. They don't support their baseball team either and we've had debates on the Reds attendence only to have it blamed on kids being in school, no one likes day baseball, people go to Cedar Point instead, etc. Let's be honest. When was the last time you saw Cincinnati at the top of a Best Fans in the Nation List for any sport. It shouldn't surprise anyone they are struggling to beat the blackout.
October 13, 200916 yr They had trouble selling out during their good run a few years back and the economy was better then. It's just how it is in Cincy. They don't support their baseball team either and we've had debates on the Reds attendence only to have it blamed on kids being in school, no one likes day baseball, people go to Cedar Point instead, etc. Let's be honest. When was the last time you saw Cincinnati at the top of a Best Fans in the Nation List for any sport. It shouldn't surprise anyone they are struggling to beat the blackout. The Bengals have sold out 50 straight and have had much worse teams than this one. To say this isn't economy driven is ignorant. Nice chance to take a shot at Cincinnati fans though huh Scribe?
October 13, 200916 yr They had trouble selling out during their good run a few years back and the economy was better then. It's just how it is in Cincy. They don't support their baseball team either and we've had debates on the Reds attendence only to have it blamed on kids being in school, no one likes day baseball, people go to Cedar Point instead, etc. Let's be honest. When was the last time you saw Cincinnati at the top of a Best Fans in the Nation List for any sport. It shouldn't surprise anyone they are struggling to beat the blackout. Have you ever been to Cincinnati? Most people don't drive 4 hours to go to Cedar Point.. when Kings Island is 45 mins away.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.