October 13, 200916 yr That's funny right there. Show me a list of the "best" fans in the nation and I'll show you well run organizations or idiot fans. You can decide which ones the fans of your favorite teams are. Best part of this whole thing is that Scribe is a Cubs fan :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
October 13, 200916 yr We debated this in Track the Reds threads a couple of years back. The Reds were a couple of games out of first and playing well in May and still couldnt draw more than 18,000 for home games. When I brought this up, I was told the kids were still in school. When summer came and the kids were out of school and they were still drawing 18,000, I was told families had rather go to Kings Island and Cedar Point than go to a Reds game. I thought it was rather far-fetched, which is why I remember it now. Why is this hard to figure out? My guess is Pittsburgh fans are considered good fans b/c they support the Pens and Steelers. Why does nobody go to the Pirates games? Is it b/c the weather is too nice? Is it b/c people like spending time on the rivers? Maybe it's b/c they are a terrible organization. If the Reds competed for division titles and were actually a good team the fans would be there. It's a little different in the times we're in now b/c people need their money more, but this is easy to see.
October 13, 200916 yr Best part of this whole thing is that Scribe is a Cubs fan :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Really.
October 14, 200916 yr Best part of this whole thing is that Scribe is a Cubs fan :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:Which of course has nothing to do with this arguement and is always a cop-out when I know I've made my point. Thanks for confirming that. Not to mention, they can fill their ballpark and have won the same number of titles as the Bengals. But back to the topic, why has the economy not hurt their other home dates this year?
October 14, 200916 yr But back to the topic, why has the economy not hurt their other home dates this year? They came right down to the wire on selling out the opener and the only other home game was Pittsburgh...
October 14, 200916 yr Which of course has nothing to do with this arguement and is always a cop-out when I know I've made my point. Thanks for confirming that. Not to mention, they can fill their ballpark and have won the same number of titles as the Bengals. But back to the topic, why has the economy not hurt their other home dates this year? What point have you made???
October 14, 200916 yr What point have you made??? That the economy isnt the only reason they are struggling to sell out. They have struggled to the wire to sell out in past years but I havent heard the economy as a reason. It was always the fan support in the past. So now that they are winning, it's no longer about the fans and it's the economy's fault? I'm not saying the economy isn't a factor, but I think it's a combination of things that includes the fans
October 14, 200916 yr Which of course has nothing to do with this arguement and is always a cop-out when I know I've made my point. Thanks for confirming that. Not to mention, they can fill their ballpark and have won the same number of titles as the Bengals. But back to the topic, why has the economy not hurt their other home dates this year? Cop out? I've yet to see you make a point in this thread that hasn't been immediately shot down by facts. The only thing you can come up with is, "Well the Bengals are never high in best fans polls." Solid argument :idunno:
October 14, 200916 yr That the economy isnt the only reason they are struggling to sell out. They have struggled to the wire to sell out in past years but I havent heard the economy as a reason. It was always the fan support in the past. So now that they are winning, it's no longer about the fans and it's the economy's fault? I'm not saying the economy isn't a factor, but I think it's a combination of things that includes the fans You did not make that point, but I agree with that. The economy gets blamed for everything...
October 14, 200916 yr According to Joe Reedy: While the league anticipated a rise in blackouts this year (due to the economy, I suppose), only 4 of 76 games have not been aired in local markets this year. That means there is a 96% sellout rate.
October 14, 200916 yr According to Joe Reedy: While the league anticipated a rise in blackouts this year (due to the economy, I suppose), only 4 of 76 games have not been aired in local markets this year. That means there is a 96% sellout rate. I'd say Jacksonville has at least two and maybe Arizona.
October 14, 200916 yr I'd say Jacksonville has at least two and maybe Arizona. The Jags have only had 2 home games, so I'm assuming both of them did not sell out. I don't know who the other 2 are. I find it hard to believe that Arizona, coming off of a Super Bowl appearance, didn't sell out.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.