Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bengals in danger of a blackout on Sunday.

Featured Replies

Have you ever been to Cincinnati? Most people don't drive 4 hours to go to Cedar Point.. when Kings Island is 45 mins away.
Not my excuses. These are ones given on here before when arguing why the Reds werent drawing fans when they were just a couple of games out of first and playing well early in the season.

 

And yes, I have been to Cincinnati/Newport several times. Enjoyed the zoo even though it isn't in the best part of town.

  • Replies 89
  • Views 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Bengals have sold out 50 straight and have had much worse teams than this one. To say this isn't economy driven is ignorant. Nice chance to take a shot at Cincinnati fans though huh Scribe?

46 straight.

 

And show me the list that calls Cincy fans the best in any sport.

 

I'm not saying the economy doesn't play a role in it but it's far from the only reason.

Not my excuses. These are ones given on here before when arguing why the Reds werent drawing fans when they were just a couple of games out of first and playing well early in the season.

 

And yes, I have been to Cincinnati/Newport several times. Enjoyed the zoo even though it isn't in the best part of town.

 

Where were these excuses being made? I've never heard anyone say that they're going to Cedar Point instead of a Red's game.

They had trouble selling out during their good run a few years back and the economy was better then. It's just how it is in Cincy.

 

You're way off base. Every game was a sell out when they were good "a few years back". They've sold out 46 straight games.

 

But nice try.

Where were these excuses being made? I've never heard anyone say that they're going to Cedar Point instead of a Red's game.

We debated this in Track the Reds threads a couple of years back. The Reds were a couple of games out of first and playing well in May and still couldnt draw more than 18,000 for home games. When I brought this up, I was told the kids were still in school. When summer came and the kids were out of school and they were still drawing 18,000, I was told families had rather go to Kings Island and Cedar Point than go to a Reds game. I thought it was rather far-fetched, which is why I remember it now.

You're way off base. Every game was a sell out when they were good "a few years back". They've sold out 46 straight games.

 

But nice try.

I didnt say they didnt sell out. I said they had trouble selling them out. Weren't there several close calls and similar threads like this though? I'm thinking there were.

I didnt say they didnt sell out. I said they had trouble selling them out. Weren't there several close calls and similar threads like this though? I'm thinking there were.

 

Uh lets see. The Bengals have one winning season in the last 18 years, and the reds are o fer this decade. Not too hard to figure out...

Uh lets see. The Bengals have one winning season in the last 18 years, and the reds are o fer this decade. Not too hard to figure out...

 

Ding! Ding! Ding!

 

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!

 

Sorry Mal, no prize from me. :D

Uh lets see. The Bengals have one winning season in the last 18 years, and the reds are o fer this decade. Not too hard to figure out...
Correct. So again, explain to me why people are surprised they are having trouble selling out Sunday.
Correct. So again, explain to me why people are surprised they are having trouble selling out Sunday.

 

Because they have sold out 46 straight games. That means they've sold out through quite a few losing seasons. This team is now 4-1. There is a lot of excitement surrounding the team. So, people assume that the game will sell out. After all, they sold out during the down times.

 

The game following this one (against the Bears) is already sold out & has been sold out for maybe 3 weeks. Although it's likely that a portion of those tickets have been sold to Bears' fans, it's reasonable to assume that a lot of them are also Bengals fans.

 

Make sense yet?

Not really. It makes more sense to me that the last time they failed to sell out was also against the Texans in 2003. That makes more sense to me.

Times are tough. But, people have different values and interest in teams throughout the country. Nobody can tell me times are tougher in the greater Cincinnati area than in Pittsburgh, Philadelphia, Green Bay, etc. and I am sure this is not even an issue at these locations.

 

Dont teams like Pittsburgh, Green Bay, Giants been sold out for years and they have waiting lists for season ticket holders? ( i dont know, just a guess)

Not really. It makes more sense to me that the last time they failed to sell out was also against the Texans in 2003. That makes more sense to me.

 

The Bengals / Texans game sold out in 2005. That was the last time the Texans came to Cincinnati.

46 straight.

 

And show me the list that calls Cincy fans the best in any sport.

 

I'm not saying the economy doesn't play a role in it but it's far from the only reason.

 

:lol: Who made a claim for best fans? The economy is the main reason for the lack of ticket sales.

They had trouble selling out during their good run a few years back and the economy was better then. It's just how it is in Cincy. They don't support their baseball team either and we've had debates on the Reds attendence only to have it blamed on kids being in school, no one likes day baseball, people go to Cedar Point instead, etc.

 

Let's be honest. When was the last time you saw Cincinnati at the top of a Best Fans in the Nation List for any sport. It shouldn't surprise anyone they are struggling to beat the blackout.

 

That's funny right there. Show me a list of the "best" fans in the nation and I'll show you well run organizations or idiot fans. You can decide which ones the fans of your favorite teams are.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.