Minnesota 30 Green Bay 23

Great game to watch.

When Favre is on there aren't many players that are more fun to watch.

:thumb: I agree. Favre is still my all time favorite NFL player. Beng a Packer fan this one was kind of bitter sweet but if anyone is to beat the Packers I would just as soon it be Bret Favre. I don't necessarrily agree with all that he did and the way he did it as far as he retire/not retire stuff bit that imo, does not take away from enjoying watching one of if not the greatest qb to ever play the game. Should anyone, anywhere ever question the way Favre plays then I have no help for them, lol.

Favre went 24/31 for 271yds, 3td's,0int,! Favre has now thrown 472 TD passes to 55 different recievers. Also I just heard this was the 66th time Favre has thrown 3 or more td's in a game. I especially noticed D. Driver and Favre meeting on the field after the game....class act out of both.

As for the game imo it was a very good game to watch. A. Rodgers imo had a very good game as well, especially considering he was wearing J. Allen on his back the entire game, the Packers should change Rodgers number to 69 :eek::D. Favre was classic B. Favre, the man is amazing and THE best competitor I have ever seen. I am still a Packer an, just will always be a B. Favre fan, I wish he was still a Packer and imo he should be and always will be a Packer.

Edited by oldrambler

GB should have kicked the FG in the 3rd quarter instead of going for it on 4th and goal. The whole complexion of the game changes with that 3 pointer.

It makes them down 11 and they still need a field goal, TD and two point conversion. I don't really think it changes it that much.

It makes them down 11 and they still need a field goal, TD and two point conversion. I don't really think it changes it that much.

As opposed to two TDs? Plus get MO on their side, instead of Minn. with a goal line stand. Points were hard to come by, take the 3, come away something. Later in the 4th when they were down 10 and had to score twice, it would have been only 7. I'm usually for going for it, but even as they were lining for the 4th down play, I was telling my wife I'd kick and take the 3. Of course had the TE not dropped the TD pass, well that's a different story. Just my take. Favre wasn't going to let Minn lose anyway.

Agreed, I also think Green Bay is better off with Rodgers. Give him some protection though.

I will once again disagree with that at least last year. I still think Green Bay screwed up letting him go after making the NFC Championship game. I mean Rodgers is a VERY GOOD QB. However Favre just always finds ways to have his teams win games. He has only had one losing season in his whole career, Rodgers already has matched that. Green Bay was a game away from the Super Bowl with Favre. Then he goes to the Jets, and the Jets are better than the Packers even though the Packers still had the same team basically. Then Favre goes to the Vikings, and the Vikings now beat that same Packers team basically that he played on. Yeah Rodgers is good, however Favre just seems to have away to have his teams win. He also gets rid of the ball quicker than Rodgers, Rodgers holds onto it to long. A couple of the sacks yesterday shouldn't have happened, if Rodgers doesn't hold onto it that long. Players with Favre on the team just seem to play harder and make plays for him. There is just something about his leadership that makes teams better. That is why I have argued that the Packers would have been better last year because they would have won some of those close games they lost IMO.

Also this is why Favre is allowed to come back every year. This is why he just doesn't stay retired like everyone wants him to, its because he loves the game and is still one of the better QB's in the league. Some of the throws he made yesterday, you don't see young QB's being able to make.