"The Ruins" - Real World/Road Rules Challenge

Original Rookie

Wasn't it the Fresh Meat one he won?

He won The Duel. It was three years ago, and this is his first one since then. He finished third in Fresh Meat, where Darrell and Aviv smoked Tina and Kenny as well as Wes and Casey. That was the challenge where Coral and Evan were dominant until they both were injured so badly that they were not allowed to continue.

I really don't understand why any of you are so over for Wes. Is it because his last challenge was three years ago and you don't remember what a jerk he is/was? He's shown you through two episodes exactly what he is. He talks about being honorable and fair, but he won his challenge by being manipulative and stabbing partners in the back. Which is fine, because it's a game, and that's what people should do IMO. But people who are hating on Kenny, Evan, and the like, should realize the same. It's a game, and they're out there to win the game. No one said it was fair, and it shouldn't be fair. It's all about doing what you can to win the game. I have no respect for Wes because he is not thinking about winning the game, he's thinking about losing it for others. It is only a matter of time before they get him out or he goes psychotic and punches someone.

By the way, loved how Johanna owned him with the bit about the house.

By the way, loved how Johanna owned him with the bit about the house.

If you are going to talk about about it is only a game and blah, blah, blah then her bringing selling his house should be irritating to you. The deception that happens in the game shouldn't have a huge outcome on his life outside of it right?

I like Wes. He was hilarious on Real World Austin and is awesome at the challenges.

If you are going to talk about about it is only a game and blah, blah, blah then her bringing selling his house should be irritating to you. The deception that happens in the game shouldn't have a huge outcome on his life outside of it right?

I like Wes. He was hilarious on Real World Austin and is awesome at the challenges.

What are you going to do at that point with what amounts to a crying baby that is throwing a temper tantrum? I never said that it shouldn't have a huge outcome on his life outside of it. Winning the game often does, because these people are in it to make a good amount of money.

Ultimately, I don't think Johanna would do that to Wes, but the threat of it should help bring him into line. It should teach him to consider other consequences of his actions. And it should teach him that he is not completely in control, a fact he should already know given how his master plan to keep himself out of the ruins has not worked yet and in fact won't work most times IMO. They wouldn't have even needed his cooperation on the challenge last night, because they would have made him the one to sit out instead of Syrus.

Edited by DragonFire