Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jordan Crawford dunks on Lebron

Featured Replies

You are wearing some pretty big blinders right now. No one cares about what Nike did, it's what Lebron did, he went over to Nike and had them take the tapes. Of course Nike doesn't care and has no reason for the tapes but they have to keep Lebron happy or he'll take himself elsewhere and Nike doesn't want that to happen.

 

Also, the reason you've never heard this come up before at the previous Nike camps is because no one else has been such a crybaby over being dunked on before. Nike let the videotaping go on for over 20 minutes during that game before the incident and just so happens right after Lebron got dunked on, and whispered something in the Nike reps ear, then they take the tapes? Yeah right!

 

You can debate it all you want, and take up for Nike and Lebron but it was a bush league move and had it happened to anyone else you'd be on the other side of the fence.

 

Actually, no I wouldn't. To be quite honest, if a camp bears someone's name, I believe that gives them the right to do whatever they want. But this is one thing people must know about me when we get into these kind of discussions.....

 

I like end zone celebrations. I like when people dunk on someone and stare them down. I like when Dikembe wags his finger after he rejects you. I like things of that nature. I am far from an old school, that's not part of the game, he doesn't love the game type of mentality. I am a hip hop head. Granted, I can't stand JR Smith because he takes it way too far and makes everyone look bad, but that is my point. I like T.O. I love Randy Moss when he shook his hind end on the goal post at Green Bay. I also like how Green Bay fans moon the opposing teams bus when it leaves the stadium also. I like everything that "purists" say is wrong with sports today, including steroids, so when these discussions come up, just remember, I always root for the villian.

 

In this situation, it blows my mind that LeBron is now "the bad guy" because some videographers broke the rules, whether it happened before the dunk or not. NO VIDEOTAPING ALLOWED.

  • Replies 237
  • Views 19.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Actually, no I wouldn't. To be quite honest, if a camp bears someone's name, I believe that gives them the right to do whatever they want. But this is one thing people must know about me when we get into these kind of discussions.....

 

I like end zone celebrations. I like when people dunk on someone and stare them down. I like when Dikembe wags his finger after he rejects you. I like things of that nature. I am far from an old school, that's not part of the game, he doesn't love the game type of mentality. I am a hip hop head. Granted, I can't stand JR Smith because he takes it way too far and makes everyone look bad, but that is my point. I like T.O. I love Randy Moss when he shook his hind end on the goal post at Green Bay. I also like how Green Bay fans moon the opposing teams bus when it leaves the stadium also. I like everything that "purists" say is wrong with sports today, including steroids, so when these discussions come up, just remember, I always root for the villian.

 

In this situation, it blows my mind that LeBron is now "the bad guy" because some videographers broke the rules, whether it happened before the dunk or not. NO VIDEOTAPING ALLOWED.

 

You are hearing one side of the story. If the videotaping people speak about it and they admit they were sneaking video then so be it and we all move on, BUT if they say Nike was aware of it and everything then it just adds fuel to the fire. Of course it's easy to side with what one is saying when you are only hearing one side of the story.

 

 

PS: You think JR Smith takes it too far but you like for football players acting like they are mooning the crowd, and you like the fans mooning the opposing teams bus? :lol:

Yeah, JR Smith is just a little too over the top, even for me and quite honestly, if I wasn't a Laker fan I'd still not like him. To me, he is blatantly disrespectful when he doesn't have to be. He doesn't even start yet he barks at the moon like a wolf after making a three or getting a wide open dunk on a steal. I love the emotion, he just seems ignorant with it. Does that make sense? If it doesn't I apologize, I'd say my allegiance to the Lakers has something to do with it, but I still wouldn't like him if I wasn't a Laker fan. I do know that.

 

What Randy and the Green Bay fans share is something that is funny and all in good fun, IMO.

Man it's a slow day in sports when this gets 62 posts.:idunno:

Man it's a slow day in sports when this gets 62 posts.:idunno:

 

And you just contributed...Don't post if you don't like the topic! :rolleyes:

Funny I don't see moderator anywhere under your name.

 

Actually this is: see what I said to OR.

 

The thing is that how would you react if you were by and large considered the best basketball player in the world, one of the most recognized faces in the world and you have the potential to be better than any other player in the world has ever been at Basketball and you get dunked on by a player who-no disrespect to Crawford, because I think he'll be very good at Xavier and would have been very good at Indiana, but let's face it: Jordan Crawford ain't and never will be LeBron James. Keeping in mind that all of those things are true about James and compile that with him being 24 years old and you're the second biggest athlete that is signed with Nike after Tiger Woods, and I can see why one, the other or both acted the way they did. It may not have been the most tasteful, but I can see why it was done.

 

Wouldn't matter.. I'd take it like a man, something Lebron is getting worse and worse at. All in all it just makes him look worse.

 

 

Hmmm pretty funny that there is "no videotaping" right after he gets dunked on. Had it been the other way around or something then oh sure Nike would have liked it. And I find it quite funny that the videotapes were confiscated right after he got dunked on and not right after the game started. Bush league on every account and you're in denial!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

That is exactly what I was going to post.

In the media policy from the camp, there is no mention of restrictions against shooting the NBA players. I was filming all afternoon and evening without objection until the dunk and LeBron's team lost.

 

The game was not after-hours, it was during the regularly scheduled "College Workout #3" portion of the LeBron James Skills Academy. That session ran from 8:30-10:15 on Monday night and the filming took place during that designated time slot.

NO VIDEOTAPING ALLOWED.

 

It was allowed until LeBron got dunked on.

From the article:

 

He didn't give me a clear-cut reason why, but did mention that "these guys shouldn't be filmed when they're not in shape" and "we don't want your stuff ending up on the Internet." I do not know for a fact they wanted it because it could have had footage of the dunk.

 

Didn't the Cavaliers just finish up a deep playoff run?

From the article:

 

He didn't give me a clear-cut reason why, but did mention that "these guys shouldn't be filmed when they're not in shape" and "we don't want your stuff ending up on the Internet." I do not know for a fact they wanted it because it could have had footage of the dunk.

 

Didn't the Cavaliers just finish up a deep playoff run?

 

Apparently NBA players go from extremely in shape and being in the playoffs to out of shape and shouldn't be videoed in the span of about 4 weeks.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.