July 9, 200917 yr LeBron has a lot of work to do on rehabbing his image between this and his gaffe at the end of the Orlando series. I thought he should have shaken hands then, but it wasn't a huge, huge deal at the time. Combined with this, you start to have a picture that is being painted, and not a good one. Had the tape gotten out, at the very least he could have just said something about not trying his hardest on the play or some nonsense like that. He probably still would have taken ridicule, but it would not be like this. It definitely makes it harder to like him, and I am a fan of his. I can sympathize that it must have been embarrassing to think yourself a star and to get dunked on, but you gotta own it like a man. LeBron still has a long way to go.
July 9, 200917 yr Author In the media policy from the camp, there is no mention of restrictions against shooting the NBA players. I was filming all afternoon and evening without objection until the dunk and LeBron's team lost. The game was not after-hours, it was during the regularly scheduled "College Workout #3" portion of the LeBron James Skills Academy. That session ran from 8:30-10:15 on Monday night and the filming took place during that designated time slot. There goes purpleprides defense. http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4315071 They aren't allowed to videotape the after hours pick up games. They can videotape sanctioned camp events. The after hours pick up games aren't sanctioned events thus no videotaping allowed. I am sure that part of it is because of the colorful language used on the court during these pick up games which involve various NBA players and the college camp counselors. And obviously I am not LeBron's brother, if I was I'd be destroying all tapes of the Eastern Conference Finals when Courtney Lee dunked on LeBron. After that, I'd be destroying all copies of his missed shots, shots of LeBron's getting blocked, LeBron getting his ankles broke, and everytime someone stole the ball from him as well. Seeing as how that has happened so many times and it's all a part of NBA footage that anyone can access if they want, I have a lot of work to do.
July 9, 200917 yr I heard about that on Twitter last night but I didn't realize the craziness from Nike. That is a joke if I've ever heard of one. :thumb: What I cannot believe is why anyone gives a crap :ohbrother:! Really....does anyone care if someone dunked on LeBron? I don't get it. :idunno: (it's not like he is a champion or the best to ever play the game or something like that......:sssh:)
July 9, 200917 yr There goes purpleprides defense. Only partly. It wasn't an after hours event, but the confiscation of the tapes did not come from LeBron either. According to Ryan Miller, it came from the Nike people. So now since everyone is believing Ryan Miller's story, does LeBron get a pass? I am sure most of you still blame this all on LeBron.
July 10, 200917 yr :thumb: What I cannot believe is why anyone gives a crap :ohbrother:! Really....does anyone care if someone dunked on LeBron? I don't get it. :idunno: (it's not like he is a champion or the best to ever play the game or something like that......:sssh:) It is not the point of him getting dunked on but that they took the tape away from the reporter.
July 10, 200917 yr Only partly. It wasn't an after hours event, but the confiscation of the tapes did not come from LeBron either. According to Ryan Miller, it came from the Nike people. So now since everyone is believing Ryan Miller's story, does LeBron get a pass? I am sure most of you still blame this all on LeBron. Did you not read the part where LeBron went over to the Nike person and then they went and got the tape after talking to Lebron ?
July 10, 200917 yr Author Only partly. It wasn't an after hours event, but the confiscation of the tapes did not come from LeBron either. According to Ryan Miller, it came from the Nike people. So now since everyone is believing Ryan Miller's story, does LeBron get a pass? I am sure most of you still blame this all on LeBron. He was allowed to take film and pictures of what was going on. All was fine until Lebron got dunked on and his team lost. Its at that point Lebron whispers in a Nike reps ear. Shortly thereafter Ryan Miller is no longer allowed to keep his footage. What are you not understanding about this??
July 10, 200917 yr It is not the point of him getting dunked on but that they took the tape away from the reporter. O.K......:thumb:, it still sounds crazy, (lol).
July 10, 200917 yr He was allowed to take film and pictures of what was going on. All was fine until Lebron got dunked on and his team lost. Its at that point Lebron whispers in a Nike reps ear. Shortly thereafter Ryan Miller is no longer allowed to keep his footage. What are you not understanding about this?? That in the article that I read...... 1.) That no one said which game LeBron got dunked on in. His team won a game and lost a game, but no one says which game it was he got dunked on. The way it reads is like he got dunked on in the game he won. In one of the scrimmages, Jordan Crawford, a junior from Xavier, drove past Cavaliers rookie Danny Green. James came over to help on defense, jumped with Crawford, and Crawford finished with a slam. I don't even know how well I shot the play. James team won that game but lost the following contest. 2.) That he and LeBron had a pretty good conversation and at this point LeBron probably isn't thinking about the dunk. He also didn't whisper anything to anybody, he walked over and spoke to him. I thought it was a good time to introduce myself to James. We have a mutual friend (as weird as that sounds) and he was very approachable. Seconds later, he walked up to Lynn Merritt (Nike Basketball Senior Director) and spoke with him. Merritt approached me, telling me to take a seat in a chair, said that I wasn't supposed to be filming, and kept repeating to a media relations representative, "Take his tape." 3.) That even he says that he does not know for a fact that they wanted the tape because of the dunk. He didn't give me a clear-cut reason why, but did mention that "these guys shouldn't be filmed when they're not in shape" and "we don't want your stuff ending up on the Internet." I do not know for a fact they wanted it because it could have had footage of the dunk. Now what I am understanding is that everyone's beliefs about LeBron is pure speculation. Not even the camera guy who had his tape taken away knows if it was taken away because of the dunk. People are speculating that is why and if people can speculate why LeBron and Nike took the tape, then I can speculate too and I truly find it hard to believe they confiscated a tape because he got dunked on. To me that is utterly ridiculous.....so by all means....continue to speculate away since Ryan Miller's spin is only shooting down the fact that Nike said he couldn't film after hours games which in this situation it obviously wasn't an after hours game. I need more concrete evidence and the words actually coming out of LeBron's that he confiscated the tape because of the dunk before I carry on like the rest you saying that it is why he took the tape and using that as a reason to call him immature and petty. And for those who may not know, you can go back to other threads were I said it didn't bother me at all that he didn't shake hands or go to the press conference after the Eastern Conference Finals. Both of these situations are non issues, IMO and until he murders someone in cold blood on videotape, no less, I will continue to defend each and every one of his actions. That's just the way it is....
July 10, 200917 yr That in the article that I read...... 1.) That no one said which game LeBron got dunked on in. His team won a game and lost a game, but no one says which game it was he got dunked on. The way it reads is like he got dunked on in the game he won. In one of the scrimmages, Jordan Crawford, a junior from Xavier, drove past Cavaliers rookie Danny Green. James came over to help on defense, jumped with Crawford, and Crawford finished with a slam. I don't even know how well I shot the play. James team won that game but lost the following contest. 2.) That he and LeBron had a pretty good conversation and at this point LeBron probably isn't thinking about the dunk. He also didn't whisper anything to anybody, he walked over and spoke to him. I thought it was a good time to introduce myself to James. We have a mutual friend (as weird as that sounds) and he was very approachable. Seconds later, he walked up to Lynn Merritt (Nike Basketball Senior Director) and spoke with him. Merritt approached me, telling me to take a seat in a chair, said that I wasn't supposed to be filming, and kept repeating to a media relations representative, "Take his tape." 3.) That even he says that he does not know for a fact that they wanted the tape because of the dunk. He didn't give me a clear-cut reason why, but did mention that "these guys shouldn't be filmed when they're not in shape" and "we don't want your stuff ending up on the Internet." I do not know for a fact they wanted it because it could have had footage of the dunk. Now what I am understanding is that everyone's beliefs about LeBron is pure speculation. Not even the camera guy who had his tape taken away knows if it was taken away because of the dunk. People are speculating that is why and if people can speculate why LeBron and Nike took the tape, then I can speculate too and I truly find it hard to believe they confiscated a tape because he got dunked on. To me that is utterly ridiculous.....so by all means....continue to speculate away since Ryan Miller's spin is only shooting down the fact that Nike said he couldn't film after hours games which in this situation it obviously wasn't an after hours game. I need more concrete evidence and the words actually coming out of LeBron's that he confiscated the tape because of the dunk before I carry on like the rest you saying that it is why he took the tape and using that as a reason to call him immature and petty. And for those who may not know, you can go back to other threads were I said it didn't bother me at all that he didn't shake hands or go to the press conference after the Eastern Conference Finals. Both of these situations are non issues, IMO and until he murders someone in cold blood on videotape, no less, I will continue to defend each and every one of his actions. That's just the way it is.... If you call reading articles "pure speculation" then I guess we could say that you are doing nothing but speculating either.
July 10, 200917 yr If you call reading articles "pure speculation" then I guess we could say that you are doing nothing but speculating either. I admitted I am speculating just as much as you guys. There are no concrete facts that point one way to the other.
July 10, 200917 yr It is hilarious that you are still defending this PP. Kobe is the greatest, but LeBron is 2nd greatest. When I am a fan of yours, I am a very very loyal fan. That's all I can say......:idunno:
July 10, 200917 yr Kobe is the greatest, but LeBron is 2nd greatest. When I am a fan of yours, I am a very very loyal fan. That's all I can say......:idunno: Sounds like being in denial of athletes having faults.
July 10, 200917 yr PP, we are not in the court of law here, waiting for substantial evidence to get a conviction. We are the court of public opinion. In your opinion, what do you really believe happened?
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.