Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

John Calipari's Press Conference

Featured Replies

If Calipari were to pull off having Midnight Madness at Commonwealth stadium, just think of the exposure on ESPN and other outlets. There is no doubt with the "buzz" going on right now that there would be 70,000 there to watch. I know he seems to be getting all the recruits, but this wouldn't hurt. I hope he gets it done. :thumb:

  • Replies 35
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He is good with the press. I just love the optimism in the air instead of half negative and half positive. The Big Blue Nation is stronger together than apart and Coach Cal has done this in four months. Loving the potential in Kentucky for the near future.

When does the season start...:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

When does the season start...:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

 

 

From here on out, it doesn't end.:clap:

Thanks Wireman...it's nice to be able to read on the key points.

 

I really like this..."They are going back 10-15 years to find out how close players that did not graduate are to getting a degree; they are inviting those players to come back and complete their degrees; 3 are coming back this year - Wayner Turner, Ron Mercer and one other that he can't remember the name".

 

Midnight Madness could be ridiculous very soon lol.

Midnight Madness at Commonwealth Stadium,only Calipari could have think of that. This is going to be fun.

We think of the days of A. Rupp and Pitino,its going to get better then that.

Midnight Madness at Commonwealth Stadium,only Calipari could have think of that. This is going to be fun.

We think of the days of A. Rupp and Pitino,its going to get better then that.

 

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, (been that way many times before :D)

I think UK played a post-season game at Stoll Field once when the Fabulous Five played the Phillips Oilers in the Olympics trials series in 1948. (I think they played a 3 game series) Anyone with the Russell Rice book, I think that is where I once read that.

Without having coached a game, Calipari has already rallied the UK faithful behind him solidly in a way that Billy Clyde never could.

Great Job Wireman. I have been at school all day and didn't have access to the presser...knew we could count on you. :thumb::thumb:

 

I too love the fact of the players coming back to finish their degree. Also interested in the fantasy camp with former players.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, (been that way many times before :D)

I think UK played a post-season game at Stoll Field once when the Fabulous Five played the Phillips Oilers in the Olympics trials series in 1948. (I think they played a 3 game series) Anyone with the Russell Rice book, I think that is where I once read that.

 

Wow,did not know that.So Cal is just bringing back the good ole days.:D:ylsuper:

Let me start this off by saying I think Cal is going to be a great coach. At this point he has brought more excitment to the UK program in the last 2 months than I have saw in the last 10 years. He is everything that a UK coach needs to be, should be, and the fans want him to be. There is more UK talk around than I have heard for years.

If Calipari were to pull off having Midnight Madness at Commonwealth stadium, just think of the exposure on ESPN and other outlets. There is no doubt with the "buzz" going on right now that there would be 70,000 there to watch. I know he seems to be getting all the recruits, but this wouldn't hurt. I hope he gets it done. :thumb:

 

This would be all over every news outlet throughout the nation. It would be an EXCELLENT recruiting tool. Could you imagine recruits attending that.:dancingpa

When does the season start...:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

 

I think this is the most excited I've been for atleast a decade. Basically since I fell in love with football; UK bball was always #1 in my heart though.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.