Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Duke new leader with Wall?

Featured Replies

Who does Maggard work for scouting wise?

 

He works with coaches at every level, and is starting a national service with Roundball in addition to TBK...

  • Replies 51
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the info!

No matter where Wall is at hes going to be an excellent player, and Duke's offense would fit him nicely. But John Wall was fairly young when Jay Williams was at Duke and they haven't had a superstar PG since, when as last Wall got to see how good a great guard (Derrick Rose) could be in his system. Really he can't go wrong at either place as far as him being a great player, but he will be on a better team at UK.

 

I couldn't agree more. Wall was young when Jay Wlliams was at Duke, but he knows who he is(he does live in Raleigh and my 9 year old in Burgin has been a Rondo fan since he was 6, Wall was at least 9-10 when Jay Williams was at his best) and when K gave him the Jay Williams playbook he knew what it was. He wouldn't go wrong at Miami or Baylor as far as I am concerned. Incredibly talented kid.

 

I will say this, if I am Coach K, I am in Wall's ear telling him that UK has Bledsoe and that Cal told Bledsoe he would start. I would tell him there aren't enough shots at UK with Patterson, Meeks, Cousins, Bledose, and Miller. Where would you shine John?, is what I would be telling him. I would ell him that he has absolutely no one to share time with at Duke as we need a point guard, and our slasher is gone to the NBA. The world is yours at Duke and your mom wouldn't have to move if you played for us. I just wonder what K is doing or thinking in the Wall recruitment. There is absolutely no news coming from Durham.

Thanks for the info!

No problem. I'd take his evaluations over Jerry Meyer all day and I'm a Rivals guy. I do think the guys at Scout in Daniels and Telep do great work...

I think he will be a Cat before it's over with. The publicity and chance to be a part of recruiting class history is great for the ego along with all the other things.

A few Rivals sites, and with Maggard at Roundball Recruiting...

 

Thanks GT, sounds like a pretty cool job.

Thanks GT, sounds like a pretty cool job.

Just one of many. I do love getting on the road and scouting...

Does anybody else feel bad for guys like DeAndre Liggins in situations like these?

 

DeAndre plays his hardest all year for a losing team and decides that he wants to stay with Calipari there and try to help the team win. And even then he may end up forced out of Lexington?

 

I just don't think it is fair for some of these guys to be shorted like that.

Does anybody else feel bad for guys like DeAndre Liggins in situations like these?

 

DeAndre plays his hardest all year for a losing team and decides that he wants to stay with Calipari there and try to help the team win. And even then he may end up forced out of Lexington?

 

I just don't think it is fair for some of these guys to be shorted like that.

 

 

 

I agree.

 

I have been in many discussions about this and all I can really say is that I agree with you wholeheartedly. It becomes pointless trying to explain or defend why I(we) feel this way.

 

You will hear

 

a. Calipari will help him find a school that fits him to go to.

 

b. It's a part of the game and it happens all of the time, we just don't hear about it.

 

c. I want to win now and I don't care how we do it, as long as we don't cheat.

 

d. Calipari said "no one player is bigger than the school"

 

e. Those guys leaving weren't UK caliber anyways so they shouldn't be here.

 

f. Scholarships are 1 year contracts that are renewed every year, they aren't 4 year contracts.

 

g. Calipari can't cut seniors, so these guys still have a chance to play ball in college somewhere and that is most important.

 

I'm sure I haven't touched them all, but that is the gist of it.

 

I think it is unfortunate.

Bozich has changed his tune:

 

Another source, another twist in the recruiting of the Next Derrick Rose.

 

Word I got later tonight is that UK is optimistic about getting a commitment from John Wall next week.

 

And when scholarships need to come open, these are the names I'm hearing that won't be back next season:

 

A.J. Stewart

 

DeAndre Liggins

 

Matt Pilgrim.

 

Stay tuned.

 

 

I was told this two weeks ago at an AAU tourney is Cincy from people that should be in the know, they said don't be surprised if Pilgrim is not back at UK, that he very well may be leaving.

Does anybody else feel bad for guys like DeAndre Liggins in situations like these?

 

DeAndre plays his hardest all year for a losing team and decides that he wants to stay with Calipari there and try to help the team win. And even then he may end up forced out of Lexington?

 

I just don't think it is fair for some of these guys to be shorted like that.

 

Like in Las Vegas when he refused to go in???? :idunno:

 

I do think it's a tough blow for many of these kids you describe. However I also know it happens all the time in the real world. New CEO comes in and suddenly you find yourself "down-sized." It's not right or fair but it does happen. The difference is that many can still find an offer right away to play and receive a free education somewhere else. Come see many of the above that know in our area that are still looking for employment and income a year later.

The word I am hearing is DeAndre Liggins will be going off scholarship, but will not be leaving Lexington.

The word I am hearing is DeAndre Liggins will be going off scholarship, but will not be leaving Lexington.

 

Will he be on the team? It has been said he has trouble with grades.

Pilgrim is a stud. As good as Patterson. I won't believe that until I see it.

 

Wall will be at UK imo. Duke's system does nothing for him. He needs to review K's sucesss with NBA PG's.

 

He also needs to tell free-loader Clifton to take a hike.

 

WHAT!? :ohbrother:

WHAT!? :ohbrother:

Okay, okay....I've already been raked over the coals over that statement.:isurrender::D It's what I had heard from people who had seen them in pickup games and in practice. I suppose they were not on target with their observations.

I did think he played well in the Blue/White game, however.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.