Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Duke new leader with Wall?

Featured Replies

Nope...

Your opinion. :idunno:

 

What I have heard is he gave PP all he wanted and then some in practice last year.

  • Replies 51
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Your opinion. :idunno:

 

What I have heard is he gave PP all he wanted and then some in practice last year.

 

My evaluation. I've been watching him for a long time, and I do get paid for that kind of thing... :idunno:

My evaluation. I've been watching him for a long time, and I do get paid for that kind of thing... :idunno:

Okay :notworthy:

Okay :notworthy:

I really do wish Matt well at UK. He and his family have been through a lot, and I want him to make an impact. He's just not a "stud" like some want him to be. He could, however, be a very productive role player...

I really do wish Matt well at UK. He and his family have been through a lot, and I want him to make an impact. He's just not a "stud" like some want him to be. He could, however, be a very productive role player...

 

I have to agree. If he were a stud (like Patterson), he would've torn it up at Hampton. He had nice stats ,but not stud stats.

Did I say otherwise???

 

Did I ever say you said otherwise?

 

I was just making my point about the situation and quoted you.

Pilgrim is a stud. As good as Patterson. I won't believe that until I see it.

 

Wall will be at UK imo. Duke's system does nothing for him. He needs to review K's sucesss with NBA PG's.

 

He also needs to tell free-loader Clifton to take a hike.

 

Oh come on, it's already been discussed over and over how this is a false statement.

 

1. Calipari currently has 1, count them 1, pg in the NBA right now who would have been a superstar in the NBA regardless of Calipari. Evans can't be counted because he hasn't even been drafted yet AND it is more WWW's success with pg's not Calipari's.

 

2. Duke currently has more players in the NBA than any other school with 14 and had more NBA players in the playoffs at the start of the playoffs than anyone else with 8. These are facts.

 

3. Duke's system worked very well with Jay Williams who would be the number 15 player for Duke in the NBA if not for the horrific motorcycle accident that prematurely ended his career. I believe it brought them a National Title in 2001 AND Jay Williams was the number 2 pick in the draft behind Yao Ming and arguably should have been Rookie of the Year. Your statement that Duke's system would do nothing for him is so off the mark.......:ohbrother:

 

Seriously, I don't mind that Wall is probably going to end up at UK, but I have to attack when people come up with false reasoning as to why he shouldn't go to Duke.

 

Truth of the matter is, if he was worried about all of that, Duke wouldn't even be in the picture. How much Duke even wants him is the question I have. No one seems to be able to know anything about K's contact with Wall. All we know is that allegedly his mom and Clifton want him to go to Duke so he can stay close to home and so Clifton can keep WWW's hands off of Wall. I still think he ends up at UK, but he won't pick UK over Duke because of those reasons you mentioned.

 

Clifton is like a father figure to Wall, telling him to take a hike is probably not going to happen.

My evaluation. I've been watching him for a long time, and I do get paid for that kind of thing... :idunno:

 

Gametime, are we allowed to ask who you work for? Just been wondering that.

Oh come on, it's already been discussed over and over how this is a false statement.

 

1. Calipari currently has 1, count them 1, pg in the NBA right now who would have been a superstar in the NBA regardless of Calipari. Evans can't be counted because he hasn't even been drafted yet AND it is more WWW's success with pg's not Calipari's.

 

2. Duke currently has more players in the NBA than any other school with 14 and had more NBA players in the playoffs at the start of the playoffs than anyone else with 8. These are facts.

 

3. Duke's system worked very well with Jay Williams who would be the number 15 player for Duke in the NBA if not for the horrific motorcycle accident that prematurely ended his career. I believe it brought them a National Title in 2001 AND Jay Williams was the number 2 pick in the draft behind Yao Ming and arguably should have been Rookie of the Year. Your statement that Duke's system would do nothing for him is so off the mark.......:ohbrother:

 

Seriously, I don't mind that Wall is probably going to end up at UK, but I have to attack when people come up with false reasoning as to why he shouldn't go to Duke.

 

Truth of the matter is, if he was worried about all of that, Duke wouldn't even be in the picture. How much Duke even wants him is the question I have. No one seems to be able to know anything about K's contact with Wall. All we know is that allegedly his mom and Clifton want him to go to Duke so he can stay close to home and so Clifton can keep WWW's hands off of Wall. I still think he ends up at UK, but he won't pick UK over Duke because of those reasons you mentioned.

 

Clifton is like a father figure to Wall, telling him to take a hike is probably not going to happen.

 

No matter where Wall is at hes going to be an excellent player, and Duke's offense would fit him nicely. But John Wall was fairly young when Jay Williams was at Duke and they haven't had a superstar PG since, when as last Wall got to see how good a great guard (Derrick Rose) could be in his system. Really he can't go wrong at either place as far as him being a great player, but he will be on a better team at UK.

Gametime, are we allowed to ask who you work for? Just been wondering that.

A few Rivals sites, and with Maggard at Roundball Recruiting...

Not a Bozich fan. I think he guesses a lot...

 

A lot of people disagree with me, but I am usually very critical of Bozich. I typically disagree with him and with his guesses he makes himself look bad a lot.

A lot of people disagree with me, but I am usually very critical of Bozich. I typically disagree with him and with his guesses he makes himself look bad a lot.

Good writer, but needs to filter what he hears a lot more IMO...

I posted on MM's that Pilgrim wouldn't make the NBA because he only has 2 years at UK and he will struggle for minutes behind Orton, Patterson and Cousins. I also think he will be better than Stevenson but I think the big 3 will definetly see the majority of the minutes on the court.

 

Of couse, I then got negative legend points for posting something in all reality will happen. Pilgrim won't make the NBA.

A few Rivals sites, and with Maggard at Roundball Recruiting...

 

Who does Maggard work for scouting wise?

I posted on MM's that Pilgrim wouldn't make the NBA because he only has 2 years at UK and he will struggle for minutes behind Orton, Patterson and Cousins. I also think he will be better than Stevenson but I think the big 3 will definetly see the majority of the minutes on the court.

 

Of couse, I then got negative legend points for posting something in all reality will happen. Pilgrim won't make the NBA.

Marc is very high on Pilgrim, so not a surprise there. I think he can be solid in a 10-15 minute role off the bench giving energy...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.