Bracken County Job Opening

Wow :puke: If you had any idea what you were talking about somebody might take these comments seriously. First Howard Hall had a vision and built facilities before the first game was even played. Joe Felice from Mason County was the first coach and they started in the middle school. They played three years before playing a varsity game. How else would you have them do it? In fact they won 3 games the first season. The next two superintendents made sure the program was funded completely to get it off the ground. They petitioned to get into NKYFL so as to start a feeder program but that was voted down by the NKYFL board.

Since they let go the coaching staff that was coaching the first few seasons....things have completely fallen apart. However.......they started out much better than the Brossart program has! The administration in the past seven years has not supported football in this county and things will not improve until they do.

Has the administration supported other sports? I've said before that girls' sports at Bracken County have recently enjoyed a lot more success from a wins and losses standpoint than boys' sports; but is there anything that you (figuratively) can put a finger on that supports the premise that football/boys' sports aren't getting the support that girls' sports get?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only sport I would speak to is football. I know for a fact that higher administrators wanted to kill the football program about 5 - 7 years ago.. Lack of support can be the highering of coaches (local people who are your buddies), the running off of coaches, the allowing board members children to play even when they do not show up for practice instead of supporting the coaches decisions, etc.

The only sport I would speak to is football. I know for a fact that higher administrators wanted to kill the football program about 5 - 7 years ago.. Lack of support can be the highering of coaches (local people who are your buddies), the running off of coaches, the allowing board members children to play even when they do not show up for practice instead of supporting the coaches decisions, etc.

Is the FB program at Bracken losing money?

• 2 weeks later...
Lets not get to excited about middle school football in that district. Frankfort's middle school is under construction from the dead. So put a lot of stock in beating that team. Now this season they should be much improved.

I dont think anyone is getting excited. I think the guy is saying that the middle school team has been setup right and they are building their program. They beat Mason co and Nicholas county last year and they are not dead programs. Coach Faust put those coachs down there to build that program. I think they are doing a good job.

• 2 weeks later...

Andrew McIntosh will be our next head coach. He will be teaching Social studies at the HS. The same asst coaches will be returning. Oh the by the way the administration did voice their full support of the football program.

Andrew McIntosh will be our next head coach. He will be teaching Social studies at the HS. The same asst coaches will be returning. Oh the by the way the administration did voice their full support of the football program.

Do you have any information about Coach McIntosh? Coaching background,etc.? Will the same Middle School Coaches still be in place? Thanks

Do you have any information about Coach McIntosh? Coaching background,etc.? Will the same Middle School Coaches still be in place? Thanks

Just wanted to bump this up for information, anyone know what Coach Jones will be doing next season?

Andrew is a great young coach. He is very energetic and has a lot of knowledge. He was an assistant and head freshman coach at Grant County in 2007. He was part of the staff that gave Grant their first winning season in school's history. He has a huge challange but I think if given time and support he can be successful. He is going to have to take it one day at a time and be patient. Rome was not built in a day, he will work the boys hard I can promise you that.