Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bracken County Job Opening

Featured Replies

Coach Jones just announced his resignation from the school and team today for personal reasons.

 

Tough loss for the school. He was a great coach and a better man.

 

Where will the program go from here?

  • Replies 40
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like it's been tough to keep a football or basketball coach in Brooksville the past few years.

Bracken County is a tough job. They've had a hard time getting the program off the ground since its inception. They are in a district where they should be able to compete for a playoff spot, considering most of the schools (Trimble, Eminence, Gallatin) are geographically and demographically similar. I'd love to see some success in Brooksville. A little success like Trimble and Gallatin have enjoyed would be a great boost to their program.

Is he taking another job? Or just getting out completely?

They have one of the best young coaches in state working for them now. Mike Stevens was overlooked when they hired Coach Jones. Mike would do a tremendous job.

Why will he do a good job?

 

I would say because he hung around after being passed over would be a good start. But that is JMO.

So that makes him a great coach? I am not trying to degrade him or say hes not, but why would he do a tremendous job?

Boy when it rains it pours. Again the administrative support is horrible and quite frankly this program has been doomed for the last several years. Keep in mind when this program was started it was started by northern kentucky guys who knew what they were doing. In fact in year one of varsity I believe Bracken won 3 games......but since the county has gone to as many local administrators as they can the program has fallen off the table. Does not matter who takes over.........this is a dead program.

So that makes him a great coach? I am not trying to degrade him or say hes not, but why would he do a tremendous job?

 

Not syaing it makes him a great coach. I am saying he cares enough to stay around and help kids. That is what coaching is about. He must believe in those kids and wants to try and make it work. Not sure if Bracken needs a GREAT coach. They need someone who cares enough to invest in the kids.

 

I am not sure why Coach Jones left. But I know him and he is a good guy that knows a lot about football. He was a good hire for Bracken, hate to see him go.

Not syaing it makes him a great coach. I am saying he cares enough to stay around and help kids.

 

I agree with caring about the kids. That goes a long way in coaching.

Mike Stevens did not stick around. When he was "passed over" he began looking for jobs and did not attend any weight training or spring ball. Not saying he would or would not be a good hire just wanting to state the facts. He is a good young coach and will make a good head coach some day. Is it now? Who knows? No one is knows when it is their time to be a head coach. There is more to it than x's and o's. Best of luck to Coach Stevens if he chooses to pursue it but more importantly best of luck to the kids and the program at Bracken.

Who are the candidates for this job? Just don't see how this program can continue to last with winless seasons and low numbers on the varsity squad. Maybe they should always play a JV schedule to at least maybe be competitive to some degree for interest.

Willydidit is right about Coach Stevens he did not stick around. I liked Coach Stevens but I feel the AD made the right decision between the two.Who knows who the cadidates are because this just opened up Wednesday. I am sure one who hates to see Coach Jones leave but it is his decision. I just hope we can get a dependable and knowledgable coach soon.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.