Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The New John Wall Thread

Featured Replies

I think 5% is a bit low. While I don't think coaches deserve all of the credit, I do think they deserve some. Good coaches develope talent. They take a mediocre player and make him good, take a good player and make him great, and take a great player and make him elite. A great coach will develope the skills that the player will need at the next level. Take Patterson for example, I think Cal would do wonders for his game. He is a very talented player but I think Coach Cal could develope the skills that he needs to be successful at the next level. I think the system also has alot to do with a player's developement. Again, take Patterson for an example, he will strive in the DDM. He will be able to show his skills to the scouts who have questions about his game and whether or not he can be successful at the next level. So, IMO, coaches deserve some of the credit for these players reaching the NBA. Some more than others but these great coaches that I speak of definately deserve credit for their players having NBA careers.

 

 

While that is true, I use the Rondo example where was the starting pg for the reigning NBA champs. Kind of hard to credit Tubby for that one. Kelanne Azibuikke(sp) is another. Didn't Tubby call him Jane at one time? Patterson may improve his stock through Calipari, but he can still go pro this year. If he gets drafted at 15, is it because of BCG? If he stays and goes pro next year and gets drafted 10 is because of Cal, or is the draft weaker? I love Duke as much as the next Dukie, but again, I can't give Coach K a whole lot of credit for having 14 players in the NBA when each one of those guys were NBA quality players to begin with. Not to mention, at least 4 of those guys on that list are barely hanging on by a thread in the NBA. That isn't Coach K's fault either. You either got it or you don't.

  • Replies 217
  • Views 21.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Let's not stretch it...Lottery is good enough, we don't know what teams are going to be where next season.

 

I'm not, some mock draft services actually have him listed as the number 1 pick in the 2010 draft. Honest.

What kind of bigs do the Blue Devils have coming in next year?

 

Remains to be seen. I have liked what have seen out of Mason Plumlee. Lance Thomas and Brian Zoubek are returning, but they have been a hair better than Perry Stevenson so far. Our bigs is why I feel we haven't been successful. Ryan Kelly is also an incoming big man, but he seems to play on the wing and in the All Star games he almost looked like he didn't belong out there. Plumlee could be a nice Addition though.

 

 

The jury is officially out on Duke's big men.....

I am a bit concerned about the fact that Coach Krzyzewski has been very vocal in the fact that he doesn't like recruiting one and done players. Is Wall an exception? I hope so.

 

He has said he doesn't like them, but he hasn't stopped recruiting them, he just hasn't been getting them. He went after the kid at Georgetown that left this year and a couple of others, he just hasn't been able to reel them in.

What kind of bigs do the Blue Devils have coming in next year?

 

Plumlee and Kelley are both very long and athletic...but rest assured a dominant PG is way more important than a dominant big.

I'm not, some mock draft services actually have him listed as the number 1 pick in the 2010 draft. Honest.

I'll let him play a game of college basketball first. Mock drafts this time last year, had Hunter Cantwell as a solid first round draft pick.

I'm reading John Wall did not make his visit to Duke today because Clifton was the one who canceled not coach K. is this true? Also read that Cal met with he and his mother to have dinner????

I'll let him play a game of college basketball first. Mock drafts this time last year, had Hunter Cantwell as a solid first round draft pick.

Football and Basketball are apples and oranges.

I was going by this Hatz

 

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_school_has_the_most_current_active_NBA_Players

 

and this...

 

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Which_Duke_players_are_in_the_NBA

 

it looks like your list is from 2007.

 

here's another updated list

 

http://www.rpiratings.com/NBA.html

 

Thanks. Really started trying to dig for it when ESPN's Mike and Mike mentioned UConn and not Duke on their show one day. :thumb:

I'm reading John Wall did not make his visit to Duke today because Clifton was the one who canceled not coach K. is this true? Also read that Cal met with he and his mother to have dinner????

 

 

I read that Coach K got stuck in NY on his book tour and that Cal was in Alabama to talk to Bledsoe. Haven't heard anything about him meeting with Wall's mother, but they have said he was in Raleigh to meet with CJ Leslie, so who knows....He could have had lunch with her or something......

Thanks. Really started trying to dig for it when ESPN's Mike and Mike mentioned UConn and not Duke on their show one day. :thumb:

 

Yeah, I understand. I dug for it about a week ago when discussing on another message board so I had my go to information on standby. :thumb:

As do most.....no surprise to me. Though I'll say this, Miami has an African-American coach, and many top recruits are giving those schools notice...I think he will take the visit seriously.

 

 

At least he is not visiting Lenard Hamilton. Man, that guy could recruit me to get off the couch and run pukers.:puke:

Cal: "Did you see who just won the NBA Rookie of the Year?"

Wall: "I sure did coach"

Cal: "See you on campus, son"

While that is true, I use the Rondo example where was the starting pg for the reigning NBA champs. Kind of hard to credit Tubby for that one.

 

Tubby's system didn't fit Rondo, and it probably cost him draft spots.

 

You mentioned he's the starting PG for the reigning NBA champs, and he was drafted behind Quincy Douby, Cedric Simmons, and Renaldo Balkman.

In reality I feel it's a wash...maybe Cal's system is better to accentuate the PG, but Duke is more high profile (right now), and they play in a much tougher conference...if he's extremely successful at either place, he'll go high lottery either way.

 

UK will play a much tougher non-conference schedule. Right now they will definitly be playing UConn, UNC, and UL, probably all 3 will be top 10 teams next year. I am sure they will play several more tough teams as well. Plus I believe that UK will have a better team if Wall went to UK than if Wall went to Duke, unless maybe Patterson left and Henderson stayed, then it would be a toss up.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.