April 23, 200917 yr Then why go to Miami, or list Baylor or NC State. Those schools won't put you in the NBA the way UK, Duke, UNC or Kansas will. Going by what you say, why even give the lesser able schools the time of day? I'd take an all expense paid trip to Miami right about now...:dancingpa
April 23, 200917 yr As nice as it would be to have him I think we'll be fine with Galloway and Liggins....I think Cal will have them ready! I think that Galloway will certainly excel under Cal and probably Liggins as well (however I still question his attitude/work ethic). I also believe that Wall is better than both of them right now and I would love to get him. Wall under Cal would really be somthing to see and I hope that we get the chance.
April 23, 200917 yr Then why go to Miami, or list Baylor or NC State. Those schools won't put you in the NBA the way UK, Duke, UNC or Kansas will. Going by what you say, why even give the lesser able schools the time of day? 1) Clifton's brother I believe was given a job at Baylor 2) He's from NC, so it's pretty obvious why NC State would be a potential destination. 3) Miami, who in their right mind wouldn't want to get a free trip to Miami?
April 23, 200917 yr The system that Cal runs showcases a player's skills, specifically a PG,to NBA scouts more than the one Duke runs. I don't know how you can debate that. I'm not debating that, what I am debating is that 1. Duke isn't capable of getting him pro ready when they have more guys in the pros and playoffs than any other school. Duke can get you pro ready regardless of position going by the whole school will make him a better pro logic. No one does it better than Duke, using that logic. 2. That the reason he is picking his school is based on which one will get him pro ready. I say why even go to Miami, Baylor, or NC State when everyone knows those schools won't get you pro ready like UK, Duke, UNC, or Kansas will. Listen, I am not saying he shouldn't go to UK, but I will argue when people say he has no business going to Duke or making some kind of statement insinuating that Duke isn't good enough for his services. I will also argue when people try to assume they know what and why he is making his decision based on. We have no clue as to why he is making his decision, how he is making his decision, or when he will make his decision. That's all we know. We are all twisting in the wind, together....... for at least another week.......
April 23, 200917 yr I'd like an all expense paid trip to Miami also, but in all honesty, I would hope that he would take his recruitment a little more serious, but once again, who knows what is going on in his head...:idunno:
April 23, 200917 yr 1) Clifton's brother I believe was given a job at Baylor 2) He's from NC, so it's pretty obvious why NC State would be a potential destination. 3) Miami, who in their right mind wouldn't want to get a free trip to Miami? 1.) Won't get him NBA ready 2.) Won't get him NBA ready 3.) Still won't get him NBA ready, however he might get to go to the Heat and Hawks game in Miami over the weekend. That's the closest Miami will get him ready for the NBA.
April 23, 200917 yr That's true to some extent, but the majority of NBA players who went to college made it on their talent and not because of their college coach. That's all I am saying. Really all I am saying is that I just don't like crediting Coach Cal for Derrick Rose's success, but at the same time looking at the players from Duke who are in the NBA, I would say that Coach K is less than 5% of the reason those 14 guys are in the NBA. Either you can play or you can't, IMHO. Patterson is either cut out for the pros or he isn't, just like Rondo was. I think 5% is a bit low. While I don't think coaches deserve all of the credit, I do think they deserve some. Good coaches develope talent. They take a mediocre player and make him good, take a good player and make him great, and take a great player and make him elite. A great coach will develope the skills that the player will need at the next level. Take Patterson for example, I think Cal would do wonders for his game. He is a very talented player but I think Coach Cal could develope the skills that he needs to be successful at the next level. I think the system also has alot to do with a player's developement. Again, take Patterson for an example, he will strive in the DDM. He will be able to show his skills to the scouts who have questions about his game and whether or not he can be successful at the next level. So, IMO, coaches deserve some of the credit for these players reaching the NBA. Some more than others but these great coaches that I speak of definately deserve credit for their players having NBA careers.
April 23, 200917 yr The system that Cal runs showcases a player's skills, specifically a PG,to NBA scouts more than the one Duke runs. I don't know how you can debate that. In reality I feel it's a wash...maybe Cal's system is better to accentuate the PG, but Duke is more high profile (right now), and they play in a much tougher conference...if he's extremely successful at either place, he'll go high lottery either way.
April 23, 200917 yr The system that Cal runs showcases a player's skills, specifically a PG,to NBA scouts more than the one Duke runs. I don't know how you can debate that. Also, after Evans gets drafted, that will make 2 pg's that Cal has put in the NBA. Both of whom the pg's were 1 and done quality players that it wouldn't have mattered where they went to school, their individual talent was going to shine. Did the DDMO help? Most undoubtedly it did, but both of those guys(Rose, Evans) were 1 and done, regardless of the school. Wall can go to Baylor, he'll still be the number 1 pick in the 2010 draft and it won't have a thing to do with how Baylor, or Clifton's brother got him NBA ready. That's all I am saying.
April 23, 200917 yr I'd take an all expense paid trip to Miami right about now...:dancingpa Thats what I'm thinking! If I was a top recruit I would live it up!
April 23, 200917 yr I am a bit concerned about the fact that Coach Krzyzewski has been very vocal in the fact that he doesn't like recruiting one and done players. Is Wall an exception? I hope so.
April 23, 200917 yr Wall can go to Baylor, he'll still be the number 1 pick in the 2010 draft and it won't have a thing to do with how Baylor, or his Clifton's brother got him NBA ready. That's all I am saying. Let's not stretch it...Lottery is good enough, we don't know what teams are going to be where next season.
April 23, 200917 yr Thats what I'm thinking! If I was a top recruit I would live it up! As do most.....no surprise to me. Though I'll say this, Miami has an African-American coach, and many top recruits are giving those schools notice...I think he will take the visit seriously.
April 23, 200917 yr I am a bit concerned about the fact that Coach Krzyzewski has been very vocal in the fact that he doesn't like recruiting one and done players. Is Wall an exception? I hope so. What kind of bigs do the Blue Devils have coming in next year?
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.