Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The New John Wall Thread

Featured Replies

  • Replies 217
  • Views 21.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are they? They won 30 games this year, and happened to win the ACC.

 

A beatdown in the Sweet 16 tends to come to mind more.

Duke has more players that any other college/university playing in the NBA right now with 14, they also have the most in the playoffs with 8. They aren't there because of Coach K, they just happened to choose Duke as a school. I'd be surprised if Coach K didn't alert him to that fact.

 

You know Purple, I've heard you use that stat before and it sounds right but I heard on ESPN radio the other day that UConn has more active pros than anyone.

 

So I did a little digging: UConn had 14 active NBA players as of the All Star Break:

 

http://soxanddawgs.com/2007/02/18/former-uconn-players-in-the-nba-all-star-edition/

 

 

Some lists I found for Duke cite 13:

 

http://www.nba.com/draft2007/acc.html

 

 

I guess the safe bet would be that Duke has as many or more active NBA players than any school. :thumb:

I know the article said it, but I have seen posters use that same logic as reasoning as to why he would/should play for Cal. I just strongly disagree with that logic. I like the DDMO logic a whole lot better. It just seems to me that common sense would say that Coach Cal has nothing to do with Derrick Rose's success against the Celtics in the playoffs. I expected better from Andy Katz, but now I know better than that.

 

Coach Cal produced nothing but a one year scholarship for the great Derrick Rose.

 

 

That's not accurate for anyone, is it? You have to believe he has some impact just for the year of coaching and training given.

 

I wouldn't say that Jay Williams was just so great on his own, I'd give Coach K some credit but with that viewpoint you can't.

 

I prefer to see it as a mix between coaching (10 to 30% let's say) and talent (90 to 70%).

Are they? They won 30 games this year, and happened to win the ACC.

 

 

I believe were talking about players going to the NBA, follow along.

You know Purple, I've heard you use that stat before and it sounds right but I heard on ESPN radio the other day that UConn has more active pros than anyone.

 

So I did a little digging: UConn had 14 active NBA players as of the All Star Break:

 

http://soxanddawgs.com/2007/02/18/former-uconn-players-in-the-nba-all-star-edition/

 

 

Some lists I found for Duke cite 13:

 

http://www.nba.com/draft2007/acc.html

 

 

I guess the safe bet would be that Duke has as many or more active NBA players than any school. :thumb:

 

 

 

I was going by this Hatz

 

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_school_has_the_most_current_active_NBA_Players

 

and this...

 

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Which_Duke_players_are_in_the_NBA

 

it looks like your list is from 2007.

 

here's another updated list

 

http://www.rpiratings.com/NBA.html

According to official blog friend Bomani Jones, John Wall’s visit to Duke has been postponed to next week. The reason? Coach K got stuck in New York as part of his book tour (yes I am serious) and the visit was postponed as he was not able to get back.

 

-KSR

 

It makes the whole visit sound irrelevant to me. It doesn't seem right to have a visit scheduled on a day when you are to be out of town or traveling.

 

And the ball keeps bouncing......

I simply hope he does indeed take another visit....slap the floor Wall, you'll commit...haha

I don't really think its about accomplishments at the NCAA level. It's about who is going to position him better for the NBA and make him more NBA ready.

I simply hope he does indeed take another visit....slap the floor Wall, you'll commit...haha

 

They are saying that it was postponed until next week. I guess we'll see. In the meanwhile, I am going to let him have his weekend in Miami and see where we are at next week in the John Wall sweepstakes.

I don't really think its about accomplishments at the NCAA level. It's about who is going to position him better for the NBA and make him more NBA ready.

 

He himself is going to do that. Doesn't matter where he goes. If that's the case he wouldn't be going to Miami this weekend and Baylor wouldn't even be listed as an option. Nor would NC State for that matter. I'd love to be a close friend of his, just to KNOW what is going on in his head.

He himself is going to do that. Doesn't matter where he goes. If that's the case he wouldn't be going to Miami this weekend and Baylor wouldn't even be listed as an option. Nor would NC State for that matter. I'd love to be a close friend of his, just to KNOW what is going on in his head.

 

It surely does matter where he goes. Now he is going to the NBA next year no matter what but some places can put him in better position than others that's for sure.

The system that Cal runs showcases a player's skills, specifically a PG,to NBA scouts more than the one Duke runs. I don't know how you can debate that.

It surely does matter where he goes. Now he is going to the NBA next year no matter what but some places can put him in better position than others that's for sure.

 

Then why go to Miami, or list Baylor or NC State. Those schools won't put you in the NBA the way UK, Duke, UNC or Kansas will. Going by what you say, why even give the lesser able schools the time of day?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.