Middlesboro 16 Williamsburg 1

Cincykid

I would have to say that the first pitcher for Williamsburg shut down the Middlesboro sticks I think he only allowed 4 hits in 4 and half innings, the problem was Williamsburg continues to make fielding errors on routine plays and allow teams to steal every base ( no team should get 3 runs on 4 hits). After the first pitcher departed Middlesboro did kill the baseball with many shots to the fence scoring 13 more runs. Also Williamsburg has no offense at this time. Good win for Middlesboro - Williamsburg need to shake things up.

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

I would have to say that the first pitcher for Williamsburg shut down the Middlesboro sticks I think he only allowed 4 hits in 4 and half innings, the problem was Williamsburg continues to make fielding errors on routine plays and allow teams to steal every base ( no team should get 3 runs on 4 hits). After the first pitcher departed Middlesboro did kill the baseball with many shots to the fence scoring 13 more runs. Also Williamsburg has no offense at this time. Good win for Middlesboro - Williamsburg need to shake things up.

This is not the case. I was at the game and Middlesboro had guys hitting the ball all game long. In fact, they had 5 runs through 4 inning and when they started scoring more in the top of the fifth, Barton was still in the game. Furthermore, although it seemed like Middlesboro's lefty wasn't having his best game, Middlesboro's defense made all kinds of plays.

Middlesboro can embarrass a team on the base paths. Man, they can flat out fly. Good win Middlesboro.:thumb:

Williamsburg has some kids that are decent players. With that being said, they are very undisciplined (players not running out fly balls, loafing on dropped third strikes for just 2 examples), do not play as a team, and do not execute very well on offense or defense ( errors, mental mistakes, inability to move runners). I don't understand the lack of hustle on a few players part. I wonder why this is acceptable. I'm not the coach, but when I have coached you either busted your hump or sat down. I could get really hyper critical of a number of things I've seen this year but I won't in this forum. Suffice it to say Williamsburg is very dissappointing thus far, and the same old excuses of being a small school are getiing old. Size has nothing to do with hustle, effort, and discipline. If they were to lose every game, but would play with those attributes it would be a sucessful year. I was very impressed with Middlesboro's play as a team. They appear to be very well coached.

Williamsburg has some kids that are decent players. With that being said, they are very undisciplined (players not running out fly balls, loafing on dropped third strikes for just 2 examples), do not play as a team, and do not execute very well on offense or defense ( errors, mental mistakes, inability to move runners). I don't understand the lack of hustle on a few players part. I wonder why this is acceptable. I'm not the coach, but when I have coached you either busted your hump or sat down. I could get really hyper critical of a number of things I've seen this year but I won't in this forum. Suffice it to say Williamsburg is very dissappointing thus far, and the same old excuses of being a small school are getiing old. Size has nothing to do with hustle, effort, and discipline. If they were to lose every game, but would play with those attributes it would be a sucessful year. I was very impressed with Middlesboro's play as a team. They appear to be very well coached.

It seemed as though most of them hustled. The left-fielder was a bit slow reacting at times and the catcher didn't block everything up that he could have but for the most part, I think this win was more abotu Middlesboro being pretty good. They simply knocked the cover off the ball all game, especially in the 5th.

As far as size goes, they aren't any smaller than Middlesboro right?

Middlesboro has their old Coach Powell back I think. He always had them ready.

It seemed as though most of them hustled. The left-fielder was a bit slow reacting at times and the catcher didn't block everything up that he could have but for the most part, I think this win was more abotu Middlesboro being pretty good. They simply knocked the cover off the ball all game, especially in the 5th.

As far as size goes, they aren't any smaller than Middlesboro right?

Middlesboro has their old Coach Powell back I think. He always had them ready.

Stated I was impressed with Middlesboro, and my comments had nothing to do with the lack of hustle or the errors taking away from that. Williamsburg is one of the smallest schools in the state, HS enrollment is only around 220.

Stated I was impressed with Middlesboro, and my comments had nothing to do with the lack of hustle or the errors taking away from that. Williamsburg is one of the smallest schools in the state, HS enrollment is only around 220.

Wow, I didn't realize it was that low. Regardless, you're right, they could have played much better.

This is not the case. I was at the game and Middlesboro had guys hitting the ball all game long. In fact, they had 5 runs through 4 inning and when they started scoring more in the top of the fifth, Barton was still in the game. Furthermore, although it seemed like Middlesboro's lefty wasn't having his best game, Middlesboro's defense made all kinds of plays.

Middlesboro can embarrass a team on the base paths. Man, they can flat out fly. Good win Middlesboro.:thumb:

I was there as well and Barton was taken out in the 4th inning with the score

3 to 1, You seem real defensive about M-boro, who has a descent squad, my point was they had only 4 hits in the first four innings which is accurate, they then scored the rest on conlin and moses. I thought the M-boro pitcher

thru well.

In my opinion you put to much pressure on your freshman pitcher. I have to admit that's the weakest pitching I've seen from W'burg In years. You guys have lost a lot with Shelley and Root from last year.

He has the mindset to handle it. Last year he was 6-0 I believe. Beating Corbin, South, Whitley and (Middlesboro twice). This will teach him how to handle adversity with a inexperienced defense and not much hitting.