Western Hills vs Franklin County (4/13)

This should be a really good game. Both appear to be sleepers in the 11th region. I know Franklin County is not ranked, but they just easily beat #10 West Jessamine. Western Hills is #9, and has beaten two other top ten teams. Both teams have a pitcher who can shut down anyone, Thompson for Franklin County and Riddle for Western Hills. This being a district game I would assume both teams will throw these two kids.

Should be interesting to see who will now pitch for both teams. Both are scheduled to have district games Tuesday and Wednesday before their games Thursday. It appears that Woodford County will be the only team that they need to be concerned about. Is their district seeded based on season play or is it a random draw like the 43rd?

Seeded. From my understanding, Western Hills was going to throw Rawlings and Franklin County was going to throw Thompson. Just wondering if this will change now with both teams having to play Woodford and Frankfort High first before playing each other.

is Western Hills ranked in the top 10 and Franklin County not ranked. Both of them are undefeated at 7-0 and Western Hills has beaten P.R.P. and Tates Creek while Franklin County has beaten Scott County in 5 innings and West Jessamine fairly easy as well. More than likely, one of these teams is going to start the season 10-0 and the other 9-1 unless Woodford or Frankfort can pull an upset. Sure is a shame that Frankfort has 3 high schools. I would love to see these 2 teams combined. They would have a shot at winning the state tournament.

Western Hills will win this one late because they want it more than Franklin County and they are more fundamentally sound. They have J.T. Riddle and Jordan Queen (Division 1 players) that will take care of Franklin County. Franklin County won't be able to touch Riddle or Rawlings. 3-0 Hills pulls out the win.

Western Hills will win this one late because they want it more than Franklin County and they are more fundamentally sound. They have J.T. Riddle and Jordan Queen (Division 1 players) that will take care of Franklin County. Franklin County won't be able to touch Riddle or Rawlings. 3-0 Hills pulls out the win.

Looking at the scoreboard, Franklin County is scoring just over 8 runs a game, and seems to be doing it against good competition (10 against Owensboro, 11 against Scott County, 11 against West Jessamine). I'm going to go out on a limb and say Franklin County will not be shut out, regardless of who Western Hills pitches. They can obviously hit the ball.