Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Question for UK fans ...

Featured Replies

Given the likely roster shakeup when Calipari gets a chance to evaluate UK's personnel, do any UK fans have any qualms about taking the scholarships of players already in the program, guys that had committed to play for the Wildcats?

 

Or is it all about the talent grab at this point?

  • Replies 101
  • Views 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It depends. They won't just take them and push them out the door. They will recommend other places if they aren't to Kentucky caliber and help them with their decision process.

 

If every one is with it, which I think would have to happen before the administration lets them take the scholarship away from the player, then I think it is fine.

Not a UK fan but I'll give my thoughts. :D

 

You win big with elite talent, and right now UK has a serious void there. If that means some need to go to improve, so be it...

Not a UK fan but I'll give my thoughts. :D

 

You win big with elite talent, and right now UK has a serious void there. If that means some need to go to improve, so be it...

 

GT that is about as well as anyone could have put this situation. Thank you for your complete unbiased info and opinion.:thumb:

Not a UK fan but I'll give my thoughts. :D

 

You win big with elite talent, and right now UK has a serious void there. If that means some need to go to improve, so be it...

 

This exactly right. If you are going to hold the coach accountable for wins/loses, (as we all know he will be) then you have to let him buy the grocery's (to use a Bill Parcell's line). Cut the fat and bring in some meat.

 

BTW, Cal has a steak house in Memphis. I wonder if he will put one in lex.

I have no problems with guys who aren't with UK yet not being given the opportunity to play here. If he tells Vilarano (sp?), Euton, etc that they aren't good enough and that they should look else where I'm fine with that.

 

I find it harder to just say, "see ya Ramon". These kids are already in school and have changed their lives for this school. Porter and Harris have moved from the other side of the country to be here. If he tells them to leave, I'll understand it, I'll just feel worse about that I guess is what I'm trying to say.

I am not a big fan of it, but I know it is the nature of the game.

Well Cal said there will be 12 or 13 scholarship players. BCG never use the whole team so My guess would be if you didnt get any playing time last season to look else where.

Given the likely roster shakeup when Calipari gets a chance to evaluate UK's personnel, do any UK fans have any qualms about taking the scholarships of players already in the program, guys that had committed to play for the Wildcats?

 

Or is it all about the talent grab at this point?

 

Only if they keep a scholarship even if they dont play... need based or academic, whatever. JMO

They keep score for a reason. Kentucky is trying to win games - if that means upgrading the roster, then that's what it means.

Not a UK fan but I'll give my thoughts. :D

 

You win big with elite talent, and right now UK has a serious void there. If that means some need to go to improve, so be it...

 

 

:thumb: Bingo!!

8 players Average 10+ last season. The rest just sat there or played the last 30 seconds.

The players who are going to be seniors and have been there for 3 years should have the opportunity to finish their careers at UK.

The guys already here should get to stay. It's not like they recruited UK, UK recruited them. By all accounts they endured two years of hell,so they should be able to finish here if they so desire.

After saying that I also think they should sit down and be honest and say if you want to stay you're welcome but in my opinion you're not going to fit this system so you're probably not going to get much playing time. Go from there.

About the offers to younger kids they should be based on talent alone. If Coach doesn't think they can play here then they probably can't.

The players who are going to be seniors and have been there for 3 years should have the opportunity to finish their careers at UK.

 

I've heard all SRs will stay if they want to. From there the restructuring will begin...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.