Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Question for UK fans ...

Featured Replies

Who are the scholly guys?

 

Patterson

Meeks

Porter

Harris

Miller

Galloway

Liggins

Stevenson

Williams

Harrelson

?????

 

And who coming in this year is owed one?

  • Replies 101
  • Views 11.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Given the likely roster shakeup when Calipari gets a chance to evaluate UK's personnel, do any UK fans have any qualms about taking the scholarships of players already in the program, guys that had committed to play for the Wildcats?

 

Or is it all about the talent grab at this point?

 

If they don't help the kids get on/look somewhere else then I have a bit of a problem with it if it is a kid that has busted his butt and stayed out of trouble etc. It is the nature of the beast but gives a bit of bad rep, you got to at least help or advise them. It shouldn't be that difficult to find a place to tranfer if they were good enought to get the scholarship to KY in the 1st place. Still a tough call to strip that from a kid

Here is what I would do.

 

 

Current roster -

 

Meeks

Patterson

Porter

Harris

Stevenson

Miller

 

 

2009

 

Hood

Orton

 

2010

 

Ferg - if he can keep him

Who are the scholly guys?

 

Patterson

Meeks

Porter

Harris

Miller

Galloway

Liggins

Stevenson

Williams

Harrelson

?????

 

And who coming in this year is owed one?

 

Pilgram.

This kind of reminds me of Robbie Benson in "One on One".

 

"I want your scholarship."

 

 

Actually it's done a lot. Kid from Rockastle County gets football offer pulled by UL football.

 

Pitino shows Timberlake and Rhodes the door while at UK.

This kind of reminds me of Robbie Benson in "One on One".

 

"I want your scholarship."

 

 

Actually it's done a lot. Kid from Rockastle County gets football offer pulled by UL football.

 

Pitino shows Timberlake and Rhodes the door while at UK.

 

And Feldhaus gave up his scholarship and paid his own way his senior yr I believe

How about giving Porter a footballl scholly for one year...go let him play cornerback for the Cats since he was recruited heavily by Southern Cal for football...and then let him come back to b'ball team once football is over with to play out his senior year...frees up a scholly for basketball...gives us another corner in football (for one year only) and can come back and play b'ball...

 

I know stupid idea...but just had to throw it out there since I don't have "The Door" to look at down at Memphis!!!

How about giving Porter a footballl scholly for one year...go let him play cornerback for the Cats since he was recruited heavily by Southern Cal for football...and then let him come back to b'ball team once football is over with to play out his senior year...frees up a scholly for basketball...gives us another corner in football (for one year only) and can come back and play b'ball...

 

I know stupid idea...but just had to throw it out there since I don't have "The Door" to look at down at Memphis!!!

 

Sounds good to me. :thumb:

How about giving Porter a footballl scholly for one year...go let him play cornerback for the Cats since he was recruited heavily by Southern Cal for football...and then let him come back to b'ball team once football is over with to play out his senior year...frees up a scholly for basketball...gives us another corner in football (for one year only) and can come back and play b'ball...

 

I know stupid idea...but just had to throw it out there since I don't have "The Door" to look at down at Memphis!!!

 

Why not just put him on an academic scholly and then it saves a scholarship for both football and basketball and he can play both!

Why not just put him on an academic scholly and then it saves a scholarship for both football and basketball and he can play both!

 

Isn't he married and just had a child? He should be able to get full financial aid with that and won't need the scholarship. If that happens, it frees up a scholly and keeps a Senior on the team. Offer him a walk on spot.

 

I don't think it would be right for Cal to tell any of the Seniors they can not play, as someone said above, they've played their hearts out for three years and should have the opportunity to finish their careers at Kentucky.

 

The players that are not going to fit the system, or just aren't good enough, I would urge to transfer, as for GJ, if UK can get Wall, I say cut him loose. We'll have Wall and two other backup 1's in Galloway and Porter. As for Dakotah Euton, Vinny Zollo and all of the younger kids, I say take their offers away, Euton is a bust and I don't know if Zollo will fit the Dribble Drive.

 

And whoever suggested that the players that didn't play much at all last season to cut them loose, I agree, there needs to be a huge overhaul IMO.

 

To be honest I would keep only these players:

 

Galloway, Miller, Harris, Porter, Stevenson, Meeks, Patterson, and I don't know about Liggins, perhaps he can be used more effectively in Cal's system.

 

I would honor Hood, Orton, Pilgrim, and try to keep Ferguson's for 2010.

It depends. They won't just take them and push them out the door. They will recommend other places if they aren't to Kentucky caliber and help them with their decision process.

 

If every one is with it, which I think would have to happen before the administration lets them take the scholarship away from the player, then I think it is fine.

 

 

Why not release them to go where they like, even if it's a UK caliber team, maybe even another SEC team? If they're not good enough for Kentucky, what's the liklihood of them being any threat somehwhere else? It's not their fault they were given a scholarship, then it was yanked. This could potentially be a serious blow to a kid's life. We're not talking just basketball here....we're talking about young men's lives.

Well, now I realize....UK fans will do anything to win.

GT, you are my hero!!

Well, now I realize....UK fans will do anything to win.

 

Because UL would never do anything like overrecruit and shuffle players out? Come on RM. Pitino has like 15 kids to fit into 13 spots every recruiting class...

Well, now I realize....UK fans will do anything to win.

 

Kentucky is the only place this happens at?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.