Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Memphis Rivals Says...John Calapari New UK Basketball Coach

Featured Replies

If Henry does come, since he has signed will he have to sit out a year or is he eligible right away if he can get out of his LOI?
If Memphis releases him, he could be eligible immediately at any school.

 

If Memphis doesn't, then it gets interesting. Chances are that Henry would go to a prep school, then sign at UK for the next season ... or maybe even transfer in at the semester break.

 

All hypothetically speaking, of course ... :lol:

  • Replies 221
  • Views 22.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But it does not say he isn't coming. All it is saying is what if?

But it does not say he isn't coming. All it is saying is what if?

 

It changed.

Ch 27 reported that the UK players have been called to a meeting at the Craft center. They have a reporter on location, when they come out of the meeting.

Great short term answer....

 

Long term, well, I guess we'll see.

 

For the record, I don't think he will pan out in the long run. Great recruiter, so so game manager. He is not a better coach than Tubby. Inability to win the big one and he has lost to Bruce Pearl twice in the last 3 years and what is his head to head record vs. Rick? I wouldn't start dancing yet.

 

Can anyone answer this question....I know Henry has signed, correct?

 

I know Cousins and Wall haven't.

 

If Henry does come, since he has signed will he have to sit out a year or is he eligible right away if he can get out of his LOI?

 

I've heard a rumor that Henry has signed scholarship papers, but not a LOI. I don't have that confirmed but the person I got it from is a national guy with a ton of connections. He's checking into it and getting back to me. If Memphis St releases from his LOI he is free to go wherever he wants unless they restrict schools...

Great short term answer....

 

Long term, well, I guess we'll see.

 

For the record, I don't think he will pan out in the long run. Great recruiter, so so game manager. He is not a better coach than Tubby. Inability to win the big one and he has lost to Bruce Pearl twice in the last 3 years and what is his head to head record vs. Rick? I wouldn't start dancing yet.

 

Can anyone answer this question....I know Henry has signed, correct?

 

I know Cousins and Wall haven't.

 

If Henry does come, since he has signed will he have to sit out a year or is he eligible right away if he can get out of his LOI?

 

I think he can play, but I am not for sure. I don't remember if the "Michael Beasley rule" is in effect yet, a rule that lets players who have signed with a school opt out of their LOI's if there is a coaching change.

 

FWIW, Katz said that if Henry is let out of his LOI, he will have it down to three schools-UK, Kansas and Memphis.

 

Also, I've heard rumors that Robert Salley and Welsey Witherspoon would follow Cal to UK and sit out a year.

I've heard a rumor that Henry has signed scholarship papers, but not a LOI. I don't have that confirmed but the person I got it from is a national guy with a ton of connections. He's checking into it and getting back to me. If Memphis St releases from his LOI he is free to go wherever he wants unless they restrict schools...

 

Thanks.

 

I wonder if Henry comes, and Cousins, and Wall added to Meeks and patterson, if UK doesn't win it all, does the sky come falling down on Calipari in year 1?

 

Should the sky come falling down if UK doesn't win it all with all that talent?

GT are you still hearing its a done deal or do you think he might back out now?

GT are you still hearing its a done deal or do you think he might back out now?

The silence over the last hour is intriguing, and there are rumors Memphis came back with a match of UK's offer after the 3:30 meeting. That's why you just never really know until it's signed and delivered. I still think he will take the UK job in the end...

For the health and mental stability of a lot of Cats fans on here, I hope that Cal doesn't stay at Memphis. They'll have to put trampolines under every ledge. :thumb:

This is on WLEX 18's site.

 

 

 

WMC-TV in Memphis reported Monday afternoon that Memphis coach John Calipari will accept an offer from Kentucky to become the men's basketball coach for the Wildcats.

 

The report by WMC's Sports Director Jarvis Greer, which aired at 3 p.m., said that barring any breakdown in negotiations Calipari will take over at UK and will bring his coaching staff, as well as at least two current Memphis players, with him to Lexington.

 

Greer said that a "reliable source" told him that the two Memphis players who will transfer to UK are Wesley Witherspoon and Robert Sallie.

 

 

WLEX18

For the health and mental stability of a lot of Cats fans on here, I hope that Cal doesn't stay at Memphis. They'll have to put trampolines under every ledge. :thumb:

 

I feel like I'm having a mental breakdown already. Way too much going on right now. My head's about to explode with all of these deals and rumors, if's and's or but's... AHHHHHHH

 

:madman::madman::madman:

To address thoes that come come with him...if he comes.

 

 

http://memphis.rivals.com/default.asp?SR=RivalsFP

 

 

If John Calipari leaves the University of Memphis, what will happen with the recruits that he has signed? Memphis has a signed National Letter of Intent (NLI) with three recruits: Will Coleman and Darnell Dodson, the junior college transfers, and high school senior Xavier Henry. It is not possible for those potential student-athletes to break their commitment without getting a release from the U of M. If the U of M were to give those three a release, they could immediately re-open their recruitment. It would then be possible, of course, for them to follow Calipari to UK. Though that is a possibility, it is highly improbable. It simply does not happen very often. DeMarcus Cousins, who has given a verbal commitment to Memphis, would be free to sign an NLI with anyone he chooses—including, of course, Kentucky. John Wall, the consensus number one recruit in the country, has not indicated what school he wishes to attend. Obviously, he, too, would be free to sign with any school of his choice. Kentucky has never been on his list, which could change if Calipari takes the job there.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.