Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Memphis Rivals Says...John Calapari New UK Basketball Coach

Featured Replies

Is Williams definitely leaving?

We know Carter is gone and Liggins may be looking at leaving, Porter and his wife are having a child and he may quit playing, I would think Harrelson may look if we clog up the position.

I like to think Stewart and Galloway want to see what they can do with Cal, but who knows?

I can see as many as 5 schollys being available when the smoke clears.

 

My understanding on Williams is that he came in with the understanding it would be a 1 year deal.

 

I think Liggins/Stewart/Galloway fit Cal's style and may hang around.

 

Porter could maybe go academic? I'd hate to see him leave under anything but his own conditions.

 

I agree maybe Harrellson. He has two years left and didn't have to sit out a year to come to UK. Also doesn't seem to fit Cal's style.

 

I think the Tucker deal is out the window.

 

Even at that point you've only got 1 spot open for Wall/Cousins.

 

Here's the 09-10 list as of now:

 

1. Porter (Sr)

2. Stevenson (Sr)

3. Meeks (Sr)

4. Harris (Sr)

5. Galloway (Sr)

6. Stewart (Jr)

7. Patterson (Jr)

8. Harrellson (Jr)

9. Pilgrim (Jr)

10. Miller (So)

11. Liggins (So)

12. Orton (Fr)

13. Hood (Fr)

14. Vilarino (Fr)

 

Then you've got these guys being discussed:

Wall

Cousins

Dennis

Witherspoon

Henry

  • Replies 221
  • Views 22.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I was listening to an interview here on Virginia Radio with the voice of the Memphis Tigers. He was explaining that Calipari had put in his LOI's for Memphis an escape clause for any student-athlete that signed and the coach left before they came. This was due to a player who had signed with UAB and Mike Davis was gone. He then had to sit out a year. Calipari didn't like it and negotiated with UM to have this kind of wording for a LOI with Memphis.

 

Just sharing what I heard and it surprised me. :thumb:

 

Don't know if it answers this question or not.

 

I had not heard that....thanks for the info.:thumb: This could make things real interesting.

My understanding on Williams is that he came in with the understanding it would be a 1 year deal.

 

I think Liggins/Stewart/Galloway fit Cal's style and may hang around.

 

Porter could maybe go academic? I'd hate to see him leave under anything but his own conditions.

 

I agree maybe Harrellson. He has two years left and didn't have to sit out a year to come to UK. Also doesn't seem to fit Cal's style.

 

I think the Tucker deal is out the window.

 

Even at that point you've only got 1 spot open for Wall/Cousins.

 

Here's the 09-10 list as of now:

 

1. Porter (Sr)

2. Stevenson (Sr)

3. Meeks (Sr)

4. Harris (Sr)

5. Galloway (Sr)

6. Stewart (Jr)

7. Patterson (Jr)

8. Harrellson (Jr)

9. Pilgrim (Jr)

10. Miller (So)

11. Liggins (So)

12. Orton (Fr)

13. Hood (Fr)

14. Vilarino (Fr)

 

Then you've got these guys being discussed:

Wall

Cousins

Dennis

Witherspoon

Henry

 

Well Witherspoon would be sitting the year out, so we don't have to count him or Salley as a scholarship this year.

If this were to happen, alot would have to happen during the offseason to make room for the possible incoming players for UK as they are tied up in numerous scholarships. Basically, I just don't see all these players being able to transfer to UK unless several walk-on to the team.

Walk ons could be a real possibility until the log jam disperses.

At least this is a GOOD problem to have if you are going to have one.

Last week I thought we may have a lot more schollys than we would need after the season was over.

Wonder if PP parents would pay his way for a year. Or Meeks parents?

They'll both be good for the pay back in a year or so.....:lol:

Wonder if PP parents would pay his way for a year. Or Meeks parents?

They'll both be good for the pay back in a year or so.....:lol:

 

The only person, for sure, that could do that would be Patterson as it seems he is a 1st rounder for sure. Most Scouts, from what I have seen, have Meeks going in the second round or not being drafted at all.

The players meeting today was regarding academics, from Ramon Harris.

The players meeting today was regarding academics, from Ramon Harris.

 

That could also possibly free up scholly if he is academically ineligible but you never kknow...

This is a tough situation for him to come into with very few scholarships. I commend the guys that take on academic scholarships.

That could also possibly free up scholly if he is academically ineligible but you never kknow...

 

The whole team was at the meeting, not just him. Ramon is just the one who said it was about academics, not the new coach.

Well Witherspoon would be sitting the year out, so we don't have to count him or Salley as a scholarship this year.

I think if this happens you will see some wildcats be let go or go else were.New coach will be in chargeAND im sure he will do things to his likeings.

That could also possibly free up scholly if he is academically ineligible but you never kknow...

 

I was thinking.. Who could get an academic scholarship to make room for Calapari's players??? :sssh: Maybe just wishful thinking

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.