Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Memphis Rivals Says...John Calapari New UK Basketball Coach

Featured Replies

Other than your opinion what makes you think that he will have recruting violations on him?

 

My friend said that ESPN will love for him to come to UK that the UK-UL rivalry will heat up to the best one in the country. Better than UNC-DUKE. Just his opinion.

Not that he was directly involved, but he does have the UMass legacy to show his players haven't been above breaking the rules. (To be fair I'll admit that this alone is not enough). In addition one has to question how well he has been able to recruit to Memphis, especially post UL, UC, and Marq. His connections to less than reputable people, WWW. I also remember that he hired Milt Wagner to get his son to play for him, and in fairness I believe Milt still works there as director of Basketball operations.

 

Does any of that mean he has or will cheat. NO it does not. But to me it is the smoke from which you find fire.

  • Replies 221
  • Views 22.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know how the saying goes..... If you aren't cheating you aren't trying.

I am!!! Rivalries aren't that fun when one team dominates them. :lol: Should be a fun next couple of years with Ricky P and Cal!!!

 

If Ricky P doesn't take off to Zona with his tail between his legs:sssh:

 

 

Only reason he wanted UK to go after Ford or Pelphrey was so he could show up UK, not so fast Slick Rick!

I've only seen one Cardinal fan say anything like that. But, it's true. I'm sure as Cats fans you didn't keep up with any rivalries that UL may have had outside of the UK/UL rivalry. UL and Memphis have a rivalry going WAY BACK. Metro Conference way back.

 

I think the Cats fans are probably most excited that UL fans may dislike their coach. :lol:

 

I'm sure most Louisville fans would love the attention. :thumb:

Not that he was directly involved, but he does have the UMass legacy to show his players haven't been above breaking the rules. (To be fair I'll admit that this alone is not enough). In addition one has to question how well he has been able to recruit to Memphis, especially post UL, UC, and Marq. His connections to less than reputable people, WWW. I also remember that he hired Milt Wagner to get his son to play for him, and in fairness I believe Milt still works there as director of Basketball operations.

 

Does any of that mean he has or will cheat. NO it does not. But to me it is the smoke from which you find fire.

 

I respect all of that. At least you gave a very strong answer. I appreciate it and it should be alot of fun. This is what basketball in the state of Kentucky is supposed to be all about. Lead story on sportscenter Louisville/Kentucky. :thumb:

Not that he was directly involved, but he does have the UMass legacy to show his players haven't been above breaking the rules. (To be fair I'll admit that this alone is not enough). In addition one has to question how well he has been able to recruit to Memphis, especially post UL, UC, and Marq. His connections to less than reputable people, WWW. I also remember that he hired Milt Wagner to get his son to play for him, and in fairness I believe Milt still works there as director of Basketball operations.

 

Does any of that mean he has or will cheat. NO it does not. But to me it is the smoke from which you find fire.

 

Is Marcus Camby still around?:idunno:

I'm sure most Louisville fans would love the attention. :thumb:

 

 

Not sure what you mean by this. :confused: We are able to generate enough attention without help from UK.

Not sure what you mean by this. :confused: We are able to generate enough attention without help from UK.

 

In the City Right?

I hated Cal at Memphis and I will really hate him at UK. This is going to be fun...

 

As for the knocks on UofL's season, yeah it stinks making it to the elite 8 and being ranked number one and stuff. Man, going to three elite 8's in five years is awful.

Not sure what you mean by this. :confused: We are able to generate enough attention without help from UK.

 

Really? Now that UL is out of the Tourney, all the focus is on UK's coaching search. There is a story about UK every five minutes on Sportscenter. I'm pretty sure they're not worried about if UL's fans not liking their coach. :thumb:

Really? Now that UL is out of the Tourney, all the focus is on UK's coaching search. There is a story about UK every five minutes on Sportscenter. I'm pretty sure they're not worried about if UL's fans not liking their coach. :thumb:

 

To be honest, the UK debacle was all over everywhere WHILE Louisville was in the tournament. I'm still not sure why you think your situation will bring UL attention. I believe we've generated quite a bit on our own.

 

Can't you just be happy with your own situation without trying to paint UL fans as upset? I'm not upset. I hope you do get a good coach. But you can't seem to just be happy in getting a good coach. Your happiness comes from perceiving some mythical jealousy on UL fans' part.

 

So perplexing.:ohbrother:

I hate Cal at Memphis and I will really hate him at UK. This is going to be fun...

 

As for the knocks on UofL's season, yeah it stinks making it to the elite 8 and being ranked number one and stuff. Man, going to three elite 8's in five years is awful.

 

Got to Elite 8 by having to beat three non-contenders. Benefitted from a gift overall number 1 seed.

UNC should have been the clear #1 seed.

Losses to Minnesota and WKU should have proven that, Then beaten by an ok MSU team.

In the City Right?

 

 

In the nation.

She's UK's compliance officer. Its her job to make sure UK doesn't violate any NCAA rules. Everything I've ever heard about her is that she's super on top of it.

 

Considering how overzealous your fans -- and especially boosters -- are, she doesn't get paid enough, no matter what she's getting paid. I'm sure she probably works 100-hour weeks. :D

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.