Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

BCG runs from Alan Cutler

Featured Replies

Jim, there is a proverbial line for everything. Getting information is fine but Cutler has to understand the situation and act accordingly. I think his actions were over the line and unprofessional.

 

It seems that most of the folks in this thread would've gladly prosecuted Woodward and Bernstein for their work on the Watergate story.

 

Cutler did the same thing he's been doing for years -- hustling up a story so he can keep feeding the beast.

  • Replies 111
  • Views 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Again, you're hanging Cutler for what? Do you think charges should be filed against him? Or does it just make you feel better about yourself to engage in some righteous indignation simply because you didn't like his method of getting something you wanted?

 

All I'm saying is Cutler displayed a willingness to do whatever it took to get a story his viewers (UK fans) demanded. I believe this qualifies as a case of hating the player when you should be hating the game.

 

:thumb:

 

:thumb:

 

Thanks. In hindsight, I think it's actually the first time I've ever used that cliche'. :lol:

You clearly don't know much about journalism.

 

If this was how all journalists are then journalism would be a sad profession. I would like to think most journalists would not do this.

WHAT A CLOWN!!!

I don't get the outrage here. I don't particularly like Cutler all that much and yes, I think he went over the line, but its not really that big a deal. Its sports.

 

Gillespie was the highest paid public employee in the State of Kentucky, and he had just been fired under suspect conditions and rampant rumors. I don't know that I wouldn't have gotten caught up in the moment and went a little bit over the line myself in that situation.

The woman says "Go out. Go out. Go out."

 

Cutler replies, "I will just get your hand off me."

 

What a putz.

Its kinda funny how disrespectful the media can and is in this video. If he had a conference coming up then they were going to get him. He was just busy on the phone and should of been respected enough at this point to be left alone.

 

I would bet alot of money that there was nobody on the other end of that phone.

I would bet alot of money that there was nobody on the other end of that phone.

 

Still no need for the actions they (Cutler) took.

I would bet alot of money that there was nobody on the other end of that phone.

 

I would bet alot of money that I'd have no interest in giving comments or answering questions right after I was fired, either.

I would bet alot of money that I'd have no interest in giving comments or answering questions right after I was fired, either.

 

No doubt. I don't know how they do it even after losses

No doubt. I don't know how they do it even after losses
No but that comes with the paycheck, still has to be hard.
It seems that most of the folks in this thread would've gladly prosecuted Woodward and Bernstein for their work on the Watergate story.

 

Cutler did the same thing he's been doing for years -- hustling up a story so he can keep feeding the beast.

 

Jim, if you stretch hard enough you can probably blame the whole Watergate mess on UK fans.

Honest question:

 

Do each and every one of you enjoy each and every necessary part of doing your job? Or are there sometimes unpleasant things you have to do in order to get the job done and meet the demands of your boss/client?

 

If I had to embarrass myself like Cutler did "to do my job" I'd find a new job.

 

You are correct that we scramble for news about him being fired and who the next coach is. However, we do that by reading message boards and websites. We don't advocate a grown man chasing after a guy that JUST GOT FIRED.

 

The fact that its Cutler only makes it understandable. How he survives in Lexington and Cincinnati is beyond me.

If I had to embarrass myself like Cutler did "to do my job" I'd find a new job.

 

You are correct that we scramble for news about him being fired and who the next coach is. However, we do that by reading message boards and websites. We don't advocate a grown man chasing after a guy that JUST GOT FIRED.

 

The fact that its Cutler only makes it understandable. How he survives in Lexington and Cincinnati is beyond me.

 

To be fair, it's not like he does stuff like that daily. This is, after all, the biggest sports story of the year in Kentucky. The information's gotta come from somewhere.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.